Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Hotel in Miami
Previous  1  2

amother
Ecru

Post Mon, Jan 01 2024, 3:19 pm
I like the JW Marriott, in Aventura. It’s near kosher food and shuls and has a very low key vacation vibe, not at all like the grand beach.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 01 2024, 3:33 pm
I ended up booking the Grand Beach in Miami Beach. For three nights, including taxes, it came out to around $400 a night. I doubt there's anything cheaper, except if maybe you go off season.

amother
Pink

Post Mon, Jan 01 2024, 3:46 pm
amother OP wrote:
I ended up booking the Grand Beach in Miami Beach. For three nights, including taxes, it came out to around $400 a night. I doubt there's anything cheaper, except if maybe you go off season.

Or if you use points, or expand your search beyond 2 block radius of Surfside

amother
Mauve

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 10:38 pm
amother Pink wrote:
Or if you use points, or expand your search beyond 2 block radius of Surfside

I'm willing to go a drop further out for a cheaper price. Where can you suggest that is still relatively close to kosher food- about 15-20 min walk?

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 10:39 pm
amother Mauve wrote:
I'm willing to go a drop further out for a cheaper price. Where can you suggest that is still relatively close to kosher food- about 15-20 min walk?

Truthfully I couldn’t afford anything that was suggested here I went to the best western plus right by the beach it’s really not a bad hotel the halls smell but the rooms were clean and smelled fresh. There’s kosher food right near here it’s by 41st

amother
cornflower

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 10:43 pm
amother Pink wrote:
I can’t believe how many People prefer to stay in a hotel full Of Jews. Doesn’t it feel like boro park with palm trees?

I’m not an antisemite

amother
Brown

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 11:00 pm
amother Pink wrote:
I can’t believe how many People prefer to stay in a hotel full Of Jews. Doesn’t it feel like boro park with palm trees?

Yeah. Who would want to be around THOSE people. Can't Believe It

amother
Pink

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 11:33 pm
amother cornflower wrote:
I’m not an antisemite

that’s silly. Neither am I. But a big part of vacation for me is change of scenery. Seeing my neighbors, my old college friends, my husbands Yeshiva friends etc etc isn’t much of a change of scenery for me

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 11:45 pm
amother Pink wrote:
that’s silly. Neither am I. But a big part of vacation for me is change of scenery. Seeing my neighbors, my old college friends, my husbands Yeshiva friends etc etc isn’t much of a change of scenery for me

I didn’t meet anyone I know but a ton of Jews and I felt safe! Where can you go and be guaranteed not to meet anyone you know?

amother
Outerspace

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 11:46 pm
For first time we took an airbnb in hollywood with a pool. Probably came out as much as a night in a hotel and we have a private pool.

If I want the beach its 5 minutes away

amother
Pink

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 11:59 pm
amother Lawngreen wrote:
I didn’t meet anyone I know but a ton of Jews and I felt safe! Where can you go and be guaranteed not to meet anyone you know?

Big difference between Random chance of meeting people, and everyone and his brother going to the same place.

You do you. I personally don’t like doing what everyone else is doing.

amother
Marigold

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 12:16 am
amother Pink wrote:

We go on a yearly basis, and we never met anyone we know.
I know people that have the attitude that they can't vacation at a place where they see other jews, but I'm just happy to have the convenience of food & shul in a warm place.

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 12:23 am
amother Marigold wrote:
I know people that have the attitude that they can't vacation at a place where they see other jews, and I can't understand that.
I'm just happy to have the convenience of food & shul in a warm place.

I grew up going. every year. In my adulthood I prefer something different from my vacations. BH there are enough options doe all of us to be happy

amother
Outerspace

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 12:24 am
amother Marigold wrote:
I know people that have the attitude that they can't vacation at a place where they see other jews, but I'm just happy to have the convenience of food & shul in a warm place.

Yes me too. Im not interested in Mexico and all those places

I dont go often to Florida but I dont get bored from it.
I love the kosher food options

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 12:27 am
amother Ecru wrote:
I like the JW Marriott, in Aventura. It’s near kosher food and shuls and has a very low key vacation vibe, not at all like the grand beach.

Is that the one with the water park?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics