Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Why the pettiness and immaturity

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 3:18 pm
Can someone explain to me, why when an adult woman doesn't have anything to contribute to a conversation, they'd answer with something petty or try to bash, instead of just staying quiet???
I'm seeing this too often on threads & it boggles my mind on why people behave this way. Instead of staying quiet when they have nothing to contribute, posters will instead look for a way that they can bash others on the thread & make sure to point out any typo in such an immature way.
Why? Why do people do this? Is their life really so empty and miserable that they must mock others at any opportunity they get?

Lemonade 2323

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 3:22 pm
amother OP wrote:
Can someone explain to me, why when an adult woman doesn't have anything to contribute to a conversation, they'd answer with something petty or try to bash, instead of just staying quiet???
I'm seeing this too often on threads & it boggles my mind on why people behave this way. Instead of staying quiet when they have nothing to contribute, posters will instead look for a way that they can bash others on the thread & make sure to point out any typo in such an immature way.
Why? Why do people do this? Is their life really so empty and miserable that they must mock others at any opportunity they get?

Yup.
I posted on another thread that if people don't have anything nice to say just don't post.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 3:46 pm
people feel free standing behind a screen name or the anonymous option here.

amother
Stonewash

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 3:48 pm
Yes I see this all the time when someone asks about what’s in style. Instead of answering her question or ignoring and moving on, posters feel l they MUST tell OP that it’s stupid to care.

Lemonade 2323

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 3:49 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
people feel free standing behind a screen name or the anonymous option here.

That's how the internet works, going anon causes cyber-bullying.
No filters.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 5:08 pm
amother Stonewash wrote:
Yes I see this all the time when someone asks about what’s in style. Instead of answering her question or ignoring and moving on, posters feel l they MUST tell OP that it’s stupid to care.

What really bothers me is, that when someone has nothing to add to a thread, or the thread doesn't apply to them, instead of just skipping it, they find a word to nitpick on or something in the thread to bash & attack others about. It often being so venomous and rude. I cannot understand such behavior. What is wrong with people.

amother
Turquoise

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 5:10 pm
In the past few weeks I've been in a lot of pain. Physical pain from chronic illness and emotional pain in my marriage. I found that I was writing very snarky and mean things here. It's true what they say hurt people hurt people

aimhabanim

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 6:09 pm
amother Turquoise wrote:
In the past few weeks I've been in a lot of pain. Physical pain from chronic illness and emotional pain in my marriage. I found that I was writing very snarky and mean things here. It's true what they say hurt people hurt people

I’m sorry for your pain!! I hope you have a Refua shleima and see tons of bracha and hatzlacha in ALL areas of your life!!!!

listenhere

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 6:13 pm
amother Turquoise wrote:

I’m so sorry for your pain.

It’s not an excuse but an explanation. Let’s be DLKZ.

Looks like the heart as a downvote is related…

amother
NeonPurple

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 6:13 pm
Yes, I agree! I've been meaning to post about how can we expect people to get along in the world if we can't even get along and be nice to people here??

amother
Turquoise

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 6:14 pm
listenhere wrote:
I’m so sorry for your pain.

It’s not an excuse but an explanation. Let’s be DLKZ.

Looks like the heart as a downvote is related…

It's not an excuse. But I finally understood how people can be mean on the internet. You really have to be crazy or crazy in pain

peace2

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 6:18 pm
Some people use this site as an outlet for their frustration or need to socialize and end up taking out their stuff on random people on the internet - I guess it's better than taking it out on their family but I hate seeing a poster ask a genuine question or make an observation without animosity and then end up bashed or picked apart for it.
We seem to forget that there are actual people behind the SNs and amothers

amother
NeonGreen

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 6:33 pm
I had the same question. This should be a safe space, where women can share, get information & knowledge. Not to be pulled down and made fun of.

There is do much negativity in tbe world. We need more אהבת חינם more achdus & אהבת ישראל. Everyone is more on edge now with the war and antisemitism in the world. Here we have such a good opportunity to our part in helping
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette