Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Reorganizing- Where do you keep these…
Previous  1  2

Queen Of Hearts

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 1:06 am
Regarding plain white envelopes, there are so many ways to make use of them. When you need to send money to school with your child. When I tip the bus drivers I write 'Thank you for your service' and Happy Chanukah/Purim on them. For teachers I give a card but for drivers a plain envelope with cash will do.

S1959

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 1:28 am
Shaimos and shopping bags - in car trunk.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 1:33 am
GrowingUp wrote:
Thanks all.

To clarify a few things, the thank you cards are custom cards with my kids names on them that I used to thank people for their baby gifts. As I’m typing that out I’m thinking I should probably get rid of them 😂 If they need to write a card they can use my generic ones, or make their own out of construction paper.

Reusable shopping bags I need handy as I live in NJ and use them weekly. I just have way more than I need. Like three of them stuffed with more bags.

Full body pillow I use during pregnancy. I initially had it in my closet on a top shelf, but it was taking up so much real estate. It’s now under my bed, but it’s getting quite dusty. Need to figure out a better place.

Out of season bags, I mean like evening bags, summer color purse, day camp bags, smaller knapsacks that kids outgrew (that I would like to hand down to my younger kids). Right now my kids each have some bags on top of their closets.

I guess the minhag with shaimos is the plastic bag. Which I currently have, but it’s been piling up. I don’t think I ever offloaded any shaimos since I got married. Do most Shuls collect shaimos?

Cards get rid of since they're not getting used and taking up valuable real estate and holding back organization.

If full body pillow is being kept under your bed, it should be cleaned sealed first in a large clear garbage bag.

For out of season bags, keep them stored in your suitcase. It's empty anyway.

If you're in Brooklyn there's a place that you can drop off a bag of Shaimos for about $10.

Most of us have too many bags. I thinned my collection and haven't missed what's gone.

Last edited by ra_mom on Sun, Dec 31 2023, 7:15 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Phlox

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 2:46 am
I also live in NJ. I keep my
reusable shopping bags in trunk of my car.

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 3:49 am
GrowingUp wrote:
I’m currently reorganizing some spaces in my home. Curious where and how people store the following:

Wrapping paper/cellophane
Reusable shopping bags
Full body pillow
Greeting/thank you cards
Out of season purses/bags
Shaimos

TIA!

Wrapping paper/cellophane - storage area in laundry room
Reusable shopping bags - trunk of car, except for a couple at home in case someone walks to store
Full body pillow - n/a but extra pillows go in the space under the bed
Greeting/thank you cards - drawer in husband's office
Out of season purses/bags - top of coat closet
Shaimos - husband brings to shul
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics