Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Ride
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 29 2023, 7:43 am
Supposed to be giving a ride to someone, we told them we are leaving around 10. My husband called them twice already and no answer.
How long do I need to wait around before going?

amother
DarkGray

Post Fri, Dec 29 2023, 7:46 am
amother OP wrote:
Supposed to be giving a ride to someone, we told them we are leaving around 10. My husband called them twice already and no answer.
If you need to go somewhere, you leave now. They knew when you were leaving. If they don't answer, there's nothing you can do. Actually, I I wouldn't have waited 45 minutes for them; I would have left.

amother
Aconite

Post Fri, Dec 29 2023, 7:46 am
amother OP wrote:

You don't need to wait.
They need to be on top of it if they want to join.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 29 2023, 7:56 am
Thank god he answered.

NechaMom

Post Fri, Dec 29 2023, 8:00 am
You waited an hour? Can I be your friend? You’re a real nice person!

amother
Poppy

Post Fri, Dec 29 2023, 8:04 am
That's extremely rude that they only answered after 45 minutes!
I would have left after 5 minutes
You are doing THEM the favor

amother
Crystal

Post Fri, Dec 29 2023, 8:08 am
amother OP wrote:

You don't wait. You leave. Don't allow yourself to be taken advantage of.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 29 2023, 8:49 am
NechaMom wrote:
You waited an hour? Can I be your friend? You’re a real nice person!

Thanks Necha Mom

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 29 2023, 8:49 am
Next time I will try not to, I feel so guilty leaving someone o know who needs a ride

amother
Crystal

Post Fri, Dec 29 2023, 8:56 am
amother OP wrote:
Next time I will try not to, I feel so guilty leaving someone o know who needs a ride

If they really need a ride, they won't keep you waiting. If they do keep you waiting, they're just taking advantage of you and using you as their free chauffeur. Nothing for you to feel guilty about.

singleagain

Post Fri, Dec 29 2023, 8:57 am
Perhaps next time if it's the same person, tell them an hour earlier than you want to leave or you call them 5 minutes 10 minutes, then leave or 5 minutes 10 minutes before the time and then leave.

salt

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 1:36 am
Curious if they told you why they were late, or why they didn't answer, or if they apologized.
What was the excuse?

amother
Poppy

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 5:18 am
amother OP wrote:

If they needed a ride so badly they'd be waiting and ready at the time you gave them

I once had the opposite situation where the person offering a ride wasn't showing up and when I finally got in touch she kept on pushing off the time. She was going to be doing ME the favor so I was relying on her schedule. By the time she left I would have missed most of a wedding so I ended up not going.

notshanarishona

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 5:20 am
Etiquette would be to wait 5 minutes, no one would expect you to wait an hour

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 9:43 am
salt wrote:
Curious if they told you why they were late, or why they didn't answer, or if they apologized.
What was the excuse?

He didn’t realize we said we’re going to be leaving at 10…

singleagain

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 9:44 am
amother OP wrote:
He didn’t realize we said we’re going to be leaving at 10…

Did you not give them that information when arranging the ride?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 9:49 am
singleagain wrote:
Did you not give them that information when arranging the ride?

Yes my husband told him that we’re leaving around 10

singleagain

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 9:52 am
amother OP wrote:
Yes my husband told him that we’re leaving around 10

Wow, then that is really hard to be DLKZ when you specifically told them the time and they didn't believe you.

I am sorry that this happened to you and in the future I would say if you ever offer a ride to someone confirm with them, whatever amount of appropriate time is beforehand you know. "Heads up we're leaving in an hour" and then actually leave and don't wait.

I mean it's one thing if something happened and they were running late. It's another thing when they say we didn't realize that you were leaving at the time that you told us you were going to leave.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 9:53 am
singleagain wrote:
Wow, then that is really hard to be DLKZ when you specifically told them the time and they didn't believe you.

I am sorry that this happened to you and in the future I would say if you ever offer a ride to someone confirm with them, whatever amount of appropriate time is beforehand you know. "Heads up we're leaving in an hour" and then actually leave and don't wait.

I mean it's one thing if something happened and they were running late. It's another thing when they say we didn't realize that you were leaving at the time that you told us you were going to leave.

Yes it makes me not want to give rides at all, as it is we hardly ever give rides as it’s usually just family time , so was really hard.

singleagain

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 9:55 am
amother OP wrote:
Yes it makes me not want to give rides at all, as it is we hardly ever give rides as it’s usually just family time , so was really hard.

Hugs. I totally understand and it's your prerogative not to give a ride if you don't want to.

Remember "no" is a complete sentence.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette