Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
IDF purim costumes?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 4:11 am
Where can I find authentic looking ones?

Success10

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 4:14 am
Are you in Israel or chul?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 6:54 am
Chul
But I can try to figure it out from israel too

salt

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 3:19 am
amother OP wrote:
Chul
But I can try to figure it out from israel too

Most toy shops/ stationery shops/ gift shops in Israel that carry costumes in the month leading up to Purim will have IDF costumes.

Success10

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 3:25 am
I imagine a lot of Jewish stores in the Tristate will have this in supply this year. Put in a request now.

lucky14

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 3:55 am
Dress up America has one.

Success10

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 3:59 am
I actually just did a search in Hebrew and even the Israeli sites have a very poor selection right now. I think you need to wait a month at least to start looking.

juggling

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 4:31 am
Success10 wrote:
I actually just did a search in Hebrew and even the Israeli sites have a very poor selection right now. I think you need to wait a month at least to start looking.

In Israel the shopping season for Purim doesn't start in earnest until after tu bishvat. And this year there's an extra month in between.

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 5:41 am
OP, I don't think this is a good time to dress your children up as soldiers. Firstly, there's a war going on, soldiers are endangering their lives and being murdered. There's nothing cute about an IDF costume - it's something that triggers alot of emotion for many people. Secondly there's a lot of anti-semitism around and you don't need your kids to be targeted verbally or physically.
If they want to be soldiers dress them up as American soldiers.

amother
Dahlia

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 6:30 am
amother Pearl wrote:
OP, I don't think this is a good time to dress your children up as soldiers. Firstly, there's a war going on, soldiers are endangering their lives and being murdered. There's nothing cute about an IDF costume - it's something that triggers alot of emotion for many people. Secondly there's a lot of anti-semitism around and you don't need your kids to be targeted verbally or physically.

This x 1000000

juggling

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 6:32 am
amother Pearl wrote:

I disagree. Could be it's location-dependent. I'm in Israel and I'm sure that tons of kids will be dressing as chayalim this Purim. They are our heroes!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 7:24 am
amother Pearl wrote:

I hear u but I disagree. My children WANT to b IDF soldiers cuz they are our heroes. It’s not a matter of cute or not. We adopted a soldier and we daven for him everyday. My children are proud to dress up as IDF soldiers.

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 8:10 am
amother Pearl wrote:

You do you.

And the point on antisemitism makes no sense...it's literally purim...anyone who is dressed up as anything is a target. If you are so concerned don't dress up at all.

amother
White

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 1:27 pm
I also don't feel it's appropriate for this year

amother
Dahlia

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 1:31 pm
amother Blonde wrote:
You do you.

And the point on antisemitism makes no sense...it's literally purim...anyone who is dressed up as anything is a target. If you are so concerned don't dress up at all.

I hope you live in an area with no non Jews because this comment is ignorant . Non Jews don’t necessarily know about Purim so princesses and Cookie Monster can be seen as adorable year round. IDF costumes can absolutely incite hate among those who don’t support there war.

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 1:38 pm
amother Dahlia wrote:
I hope you live in an area with no non Jews because this comment is ignorant . Non Jews don’t necessarily know about Purim so princesses and Cookie Monster can be seen as adorable year round. IDF costumes can absolutely incite hate among those who don’t support there war.

Many non jews know it's purim. I don't know where you live but where I do they certainly know. When do tons of people walk around in costumes on a random day? And an idf costume is not so obviously different than any other soldier unless someone is looking very closely. In that vain nobody should wear magen David's, yarmulka, tzitzis, or anything else that flags them as a jew.

amother
Dahlia

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 1:40 pm
amother Blonde wrote:
Many non jews know it's purim. I don't know where you live but where I do they certainly know. When do tons of people walk around in costumes on a random day? And an idf costume is not so obviously different than any other soldier unless someone is looking very closely. In that vain nobody should wear magen David's, yarmulka, tzitzis, or anything else that flags them as a jew.

IDF tshirt is totally different than religious garb so I hope you’re right. You know your neighborhood best

amother
Magenta

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 2:57 pm
What ages? Are you willing to spend?

The most authentic would probably to put it together yourself from ali, for a lot of $$$$
so this
https://he.aliexpress.com/item.....eSBAG
+
https://he.aliexpress.com/item.....30%21
+
+
choose a yechida that you are belongiong too and use these to make it authentic
https://he.aliexpress.com/item.....432_4

+
https://he.aliexpress.com/item.....108_7
+
https://he.aliexpress.com/item.....bVd44
+ combat boots

Or just buy the ready made, non combat authentic looking uniforms for a fraction of the price

amother
Hydrangea

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 6:37 pm
Anyone find a link for less than the dress up America ones in the US? My son really wants but I can't spend that much on a costume.

amother
Alyssum

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 6:52 pm
I live in Israel and my 4 year old is dressing up as a chayal. My friends have told me that all of their sons want to be chayalim this year - it's going to be very popular!
All the costumes stores have chayalim costumes. I bought one for 70 shekalim.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics