Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Constantly sick infant

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 2:28 pm
My baby has been sick for months. He gets mostly better(from respiratory virus) and immediately gets sick again. He’s wheezy and his breathing tubes sound crackly.

He had bronchiolitis and then Covid never seems to have gotten over it.

The pediatrician tests him and tells me he doesn’t have Covid or rsv wheneve I bring him in. Which… isn’t helpful at all

They say “it’s just a respiratory virus make sure he’s hydrated” but he’s been sick since SEPTEMBER.

Other than getting a new pediatrician— is there anywhere I can take him to get this treated.did anyone have a similar experience?
What can this be?

amother
Foxglove

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 2:34 pm
It’s possible his lungs were damaged from COVID and now whenever he gets a slight cold his lungs overreact and he gets bronchiolitis (this was the case with my baby, but it started after RSV, not COVID). My pediatrician said my baby’s lungs will eventually heal and she will outgrow it, and she did.

Other than that it’s very normal for babies to be sick back to back this time of year. It’s just that your baby’s body may be overreacting to each illness due to medical history.

Do you send your baby to a babysitter?

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 2:43 pm
When mainstream medicine has nothing left to offer you, consider going alternative.
A homeopath, osteopath, craniosacral therapist, chiropractor, naturopath might have some good ideas for you.

If your vaccinating, consider holding off and maybe trying some very gentle detox.

amother
DarkYellow

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 2:47 pm
Why do you think you need a new pediatrician? (Also why are you taking baby to pediatrician for what sounds like colds?)

What are his sick contacts? Does he have siblings in school? Or is he in daycare? If either of these are correct then this is normal. You just have to ride it. It’ll ease up after a year. What would a new pediatrician do?

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 2:56 pm
amother Sienna wrote:
When mainstream medicine has nothing left to offer you, consider going alternative.
A homeopath, osteopath, craniosacral therapist, chiropractor, naturopath might have some good ideas for you.

If your vaccinating, consider holding off and maybe trying some very gentle detox.

This.

Breast feeding is amazing so if you are currently doing so. Feed as much as possible. Even try increasing your supply and increase your nursing times.

My babies always do so well as long as they re BFing. Once I stop it's one thing after the other.

I had similar with my baby since August/ September when she was 15 months and I stopped bfing her.

What helped get out of the crazy cycle was STRONG probioitics. I gave her a full dose of what I was taking. I started with 60 billion a day. The doctor then told me to increase. So she's been getting 100 billion a day when she's sick and a good quality multi.
When she feels better I go back down to around 30-50 billion.

I open a capsule and I mix it into her bottles. It's tasteless and she doesn't even know.

Those 2 and she was feeling so good bh!

2 weeks ago I had covid. I was so sick and I stopped giving anyone their vitamins. And then I forgot about it!!! Last Thursday, bam she caught a NASTY stomach bug. She's still not over it. I just remembered yesterday about her vitamins, I gave it to her and within hours her tummy was better bh!

amother
Amaryllis

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 3:02 pm
One of my kids had reactive airways and was hospitalized for bronchiolitis as a newborn. My pediatrician put him on a pretty aggressive nebulizer protocol, sometimes using Albuterol and sometimes saline. She wanted us to nip everything in the bud so it didn't go downhill. BH it really worked and he outgrew it completely. Very healthy today BH.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 6:35 pm
Basically he seems like he can’t breath a lot.

Healthy for him= under control cold symptoms

BH” his growth is good but I’m so exhausted because it’s a new illness every week or so. I end up holding him upright a lot when he sleeps so his sinuses can get clear. We have a new illness now.

mushkamothers

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 6:45 pm
Try this method which is supposed to help with lungs. Basically have your baby hang like on a monkey bars, but from your fingers
https://www.domaninternational.....ethod

amother
Geranium

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 7:08 pm
amother OP wrote:
Basically he seems like he can’t breath a lot.

Healthy for him= under control cold symptoms

BH” his growth is good but I’m so exhausted because it’s a new illness every week or so. I end up holding him upright a lot when he sleeps so his sinuses can get clear. We have a new illness now.

Does he cough a lot, too?

marineparkmom

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 8:04 pm
We had this with one baby
It was a monthly bronchiolitis for a good six months… unfortunately it’s the realities of daycare, group babysitters and other ppl exposing your baby to colds…. We did do a nebulizer daily of Budesinide while she was a baby…. She did outgrow it by age two… we suctioned a lot but honestly should have suctioned more .. my real regret was not hiring a babysitter in my home and ditching the group babysitter….. I also should have been stricter and not allowed anyone with a cold in my home, it would have saved me a lot of heartache
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics