Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
I have 2 uterus AMA
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7

amother
Snapdragon

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 1:05 pm
amother OP wrote:
I was not very familiar with my body parts at that point, I had never used a tampon and never been "exploring." I looked for it when doing bedikas first time I found 1, I might have been alternating between 2 without realizing. its not like I was visually able to see, I just didnt go poking around enough I guess and also did not expect to have 2 so I was not looking for it.

If at 14 doctor told you that there are two uteri, doc difnt check where the entrances were and then see 2 vags?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 2:02 pm
amother Snapdragon wrote:
If at 14 doctor told you that there are two uteri, doc difnt check where the entrances were and then see 2 vags?

no, I guess was not relevant. I came to the ER for intense abdominal pain and they explained that with double uterus my periods would be very painful. And that was that.

amother
Starflower

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 2:07 pm
amother OP wrote:
no, I guess was not relevant. I came to the ER for intense abdominal pain and they explained that with double uterus my periods would be very painful. And that was that.

How did you cope with your periods?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 2:17 pm
amother Starflower wrote:
How did you cope with your periods?

was really hard. after I had my second baby started having way less pain but until then just a ton of pain killers, warm water bottles, exercise and crying lol.

amother
Snapdragon

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 2:40 pm
amother OP wrote:
was really hard. after I had my second baby started having way less pain but until then just a ton of pain killers, warm water bottles, exercise and crying lol.

Oy, that's terrible.

amother
Heather

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 3:10 pm
snooper86 wrote:
Thanks OP for doing this AMA. I’ve heard of this condition years ago and always found it fascinating. What I find even more fascinating is the fact you and your mom were told about it and did zero research. I’m always looking up medical information about different conditions I’ve come across over the years. Fertility has been a passion of mine for years. It’s interesting to hear your Dr isn’t concerned about 2 pregnancies at the same time, I always thought there were very high chances. I thought I heard of people giving birth a few months apart so interesting to hear that it’s only if someone has a hormonal imbalance. Is this genetic at all? Do your kids have a higher chance of being born with 2 uteri? Also regarding donations If you can’t do it now during childbirth years without affecting you, then after childbirth years would be the same as anyone else (also depends on if sizing is ok). We can all donate if we are eligible according to different criteria once we are done with childbirth years as it’s not an organ you must have. Thanks again for opening this discussion.

The pregnancy hormones prevent your body from ovulating while you are pregnant. Whether you have 1 or 2 uteruses/uteri

amother
NeonPink

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 4:07 pm
amother Winterberry wrote:
It absolutely is brought down in gemara. A lady who had a baby and then four months later had a baby again.

Where?

amother
Rainbow

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 6:26 pm
Mama Doctor Jones recently did a video about this on YouTube-uterine didelphys or something similar. Fascinating!
Page 7 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 Recent Topics