Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
I have 2 uterus AMA
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 8:56 am
amother Pewter wrote:
Are they actually right and left? When they grow with pregnancy, does the pregnant uterus stay to one side, or go into the center?

Its actually right left, it does lean more towards right or left but its not something very obvious, very subtle, mostly center.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 8:58 am
amother Pansy wrote:
OP Thanks for this topic! Fascinating! Is each ovary connected to a different uterus? or each ovary can ovulate into both uteri?

Regarding the woman who had 2 babies a few months apart from different uteri. I don't understand how that could make sense. How could hormones be imbalanced? If there are high pregnancy hormones then theres no way she would ovulate. If she does ovulate then her pregnancy hormones are not normal and how did she not miscarry? Just really trying to understand it.

each ovary connected to one uterus.
regarding that story, I dont understand either. I never verified if its true and my Dr. didnt have much insight either when I asked about that.

amother
Cinnamon

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 9:00 am
amother OP wrote:
each ovary connected to one uterus.
regarding that story, I dont understand either. I never verified if its true and my Dr. didnt have much insight either when I asked about that.

So theoretically, you can never have fraternal twins in the same uterus?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 9:00 am
lovecouches wrote:
I have seen x-rays of women with 2 iuds for a double uterus so it could be possible

Thank you. I know one Dr. said he would be willing to try but cant tell me from experience if it would work.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 9:04 am
amother Wallflower wrote:
Didn't you have to do bedikos in both uteri before your wedding? How could you not have known about them both

I was not very familiar with my body parts at that point, I had never used a tampon and never been "exploring." I looked for it when doing bedikas first time I found 1, I might have been alternating between 2 without realizing. its not like I was visually able to see, I just didnt go poking around enough I guess and also did not expect to have 2 so I was not looking for it.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 9:07 am
amother Bergamot wrote:
The vbac after 3 c sections or a different lady.

I dont listen to his podcast but he asked if he can talk about it. He said he has seen this condition numerous times.

amother
Crocus

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 9:09 am
This is so fascinating! Thanks for sharing it with us!
Is this condition brought down anywhere in gemara or halacha sfarim that you know of? Sometimes they bring very outlandish seeming cases to make a point in the halacha, is this one of them?

amother
Tanzanite

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 9:10 am
Is your bump lopsided in pregnancy? With my left unicornuate uterus, my bump is mostly on the left Laugh . It is quite visible especially when lying down

Last edited by amother on Thu, Jan 04 2024, 9:12 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Opal

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 9:11 am
You're so cool!

amother
Pansy

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 10:40 am
amother Cinnamon wrote:
Good thinking. I guess you're right

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 10:44 am
amother Cinnamon wrote:

One ovary can release multiple eggs.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 10:50 am
amother Pumpkin wrote:
One ovary can release multiple eggs.

right, its probably possible but would be extremely high risk because of the smaller uterus.

amother
Winterberry

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 11:07 am
amother Crocus wrote:
This is so fascinating! Thanks for sharing it with us!
Is this condition brought down anywhere in gemara or halacha sfarim that you know of? Sometimes they bring very outlandish seeming cases to make a point in the halacha, is this one of them?

It absolutely is brought down in gemara. A lady who had a baby and then four months later had a baby again.

amother
Moonstone

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 11:15 am
NechaMom wrote:
There was just a story in the news about a woman who gave birth to two babies from 2 different uteruses. (Isn’t there a plural version?)

Is it expected that you should get pregnant in both?

Yes. Uteri
And yes it actually happens more often than you think.
It makes the news when the babies are born a few days or even months apart!

amother
Bergamot

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 11:24 am
amother Moonstone wrote:
Yes. Uteri

Uteruses and uteri are both acceptable plural options per the English dictionary.
https://www.merriam-webster.co.....terus

amother
Eggshell

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 11:36 am
amother OP wrote:
I was not very familiar with my body parts at that point, I had never used a tampon and never been "exploring." I looked for it when doing bedikas first time I found 1, I might have been alternating between 2 without realizing. its not like I was visually able to see, I just didnt go poking around enough I guess and also did not expect to have 2 so I was not looking for it.

When you were a newborn/baby your pediatrician didnt notice this during an exam?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 11:58 am
amother Eggshell wrote:
When you were a newborn/baby your pediatrician didnt notice this during an exam?

nope.

amother
Gold

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 12:02 pm
amother OP wrote:
it was to complicated with bedikos, I'm not sure if I bleed out of both uterus with every period, maybe yes, maybe they alternate, its just not worth going to a dr mid cycle for a few cycles to figure this out. so then where would I do bedikos if I had 2 holes... I could not get a clear answer other then just do a surgery to correct it.

How did you do bedikos before your wedding and the first few months after, before the surgery?
Edit: never mind, saw your response on this page

amother
Starflower

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 12:08 pm
amother Moonstone wrote:
Yes. Uteri

According to this article, it's quite rare. And these babies were born within a day of each other.

Quote:
Case studies estimate the chances of pregnancy like this – a woman with two uteruses carrying a baby in each one at the same time – at around 1 in 2 billion in the general population, though it’s impossible to know for sure with something this infrequent.

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/1......html

amother
Lightgreen

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 12:12 pm
amother Eggshell wrote:

okay, I feel a need to pipe in again cuz it seems like some of you are imagining the 2 holes as obvious as the nostrils. from the outside the v looks exactly the same as anyone else's, and inside it's separated by a thin septum made out of tissue.

pediatricians don't usually go into the newborn's v, so there's no way to see it....
Page 6 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics