Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Constant Stains on Clothes

justforfun87

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 12:02 pm
This is sort of a spinoff from another thread I created. It is very clear my children have WAY too much clothes but none of real quality. Most of it is hand me downs and the occasional children's place etc. I am not sure if it is the chicken or the egg but my kids are CONSTANTLY staining their clothes which makes me hesitant to want to declutter or buy them more quality stuff. For those who have less are you constantly chasing stains?

It seems like not a single piece of clothes escapes the dryer without some small ugly oil stain.
Do you buy expensive clothes and pre treat, hang etc?

The few shabbos outfits I have spent over 50 dollars for I have been mindful to spray and check but I can't keep up with dozens of clothes for the 4 kids.
Not even sure what I am asking here.

Is it my kids that can't seem to get their food to their mouth correctly?

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 12:05 pm
Mine too and I learnt not to care. I don’t pretreat or soak. Life is too short. As long as it’s clean I ignore the set in stains and I hope others do too.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 12:09 pm
justforfun87 wrote:
This is sort of a spinoff from another thread I created. It is very clear my children have WAY too much clothes but none of real quality. Most of it is hand me downs and the occasional children's place etc. I am not sure if it is the chicken or the egg but my kids are CONSTANTLY staining their clothes which makes me hesitant to want to declutter or buy them more quality stuff. For those who have less are you constantly chasing stains?

It seems like not a single piece of clothes escapes the dryer without some small ugly oil stain.
Do you buy expensive clothes and pre treat, hang etc?

The few shabbos outfits I have spent over 50 dollars for I have been mindful to spray and check but I can't keep up with dozens of clothes for the 4 kids.
Not even sure what I am asking here.

Is it my kids that can't seem to get their food to their mouth correctly?

Aprons, preferably those with sleeves is the ultimate answer.
At a certain age table manners need to be implemented.

SuperWify

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 12:12 pm
Treat them to the best of my ability. And if something is ruined beyond repair I don’t get too upset because I try to buy a lot a lower prices rather then a few at higher pricing.

SuperWify

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 12:13 pm
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
Aprons, preferably those with sleeves is the ultimate answer.
At a certain age table manners need to be implemented.

Your kids must be angels!

Hey, I’m a grown adult and my clothing gets stained too sometimes.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 12:30 pm
SuperWify wrote:

Of course it happens but prevention is always better.

giftedmom

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 12:34 pm
Try to get the quality clothes on Closeout, or at 70 off. You get quality at children’s place pricing. You have to be ahead of the season though.
And always pre-treat, otherwise ofcourse the stains won’t come out.

justforfun87

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 12:38 pm
SuperWify wrote:

Here I am Googling adult size aprons because if I am being honest here all my clothes have stains too. In fact, I won't buy myself solid light color tops for this reason.

amother
Latte

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 1:19 pm
I posted about this too in the past. My solution was that I bought huge bibs for my kids and I also started using oxyclean in each load. I do sort out heavily stained clothes and if I don’t have time to pretreat those, I’ll save them and wash them separate when I have time to spray them.

SuperWify

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 1:22 pm
justforfun87 wrote:
Here I am Googling adult size aprons because if I am being honest here all my clothes have stains too. In fact, I won't buy myself solid light color tops for this reason.

Always cook with an apron 😂 when I don’t or when it’s dirty I get oil stains.

But I’m ok pretreating stains. Part of the laundry “fun”.

SuperWify

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 1:23 pm
amother Latte wrote:
I posted about this too in the past. My solution was that I bought huge bibs for my kids and I also started using oxyclean in each load. I do sort out heavily stained clothes and if I don’t have time to pretreat those, I’ll save them and wash them separate when I have time to spray them.

Do they come out though? Because the longer a stain sits the harder it is to get them out.

amother
Bellflower

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 1:31 pm
You mentioned you have a lot of clothes. Is it possible you aren't washing often enough so the stains are setting in? I wash very frequently and I also always spray stains with shout before placing in the hamper.

amother
Cadetblue

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 1:39 pm
If there is a stain, treat right away.
Also you mentioned the dryer, no clothing goes in the dryer in my house except undershirts, underwear, towels, and linen (some linen, not all)

mha3484

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 1:42 pm
I don't wash anything except for towels on a temp above warm. Hot water sets in stains.

justforfun87

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 1:50 pm
amother Bellflower wrote:
You mentioned you have a lot of clothes. Is it possible you aren't washing often enough so the stains are setting in? I wash very frequently and I also always spray stains with shout before placing in the hamper.

OO forsure.... there are probably things in that pile that don't get washed for weeks and weeks.

justforfun87

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 1:51 pm
amother Cadetblue wrote:
If there is a stain, treat right away.
Also you mentioned the dryer, no clothing goes in the dryer in my house except undershirts, underwear, towels, and linen (some linen, not all)

What?! How in the world do you have time to hang things to dry? How much clothing does each kid have?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry