Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Dumb phone recs

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 2:21 pm
I need a new phone desperately. I have had the kyocera for a few years. I would get it again, but was wondering if there is a different phone to consider. I am fine with just basic talk and text flip, but really want good sound quality and the ruggedness of my last phone was a huge plus for me. If there is something out there with wayze or other helpful apps, I would definitely consider. (someone recently mentioned a phone that has a touch screen and swipe but is otherwise dumb, but I can't remember what it was called or know if it is any good).
If it matters, I have verizon

TIA

amother
Opal

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 3:10 pm
amother OP wrote:
I need a new phone desperately. I have had the kyocera for a few years. I would get it again, but was wondering if there is a different phone to consider. I am fine with just basic talk and text flip, but really want good sound quality and the ruggedness of my last phone was a huge plus for me. If there is something out there with wayze or other helpful apps, I would definitely consider. (someone recently mentioned a phone that has a touch screen and swipe but is otherwise dumb, but I can't remember what it was called or know if it is any good).

TIA

I just got the one with the touch screen a few weeks ago. It's called a qin.
I'm happy with it so far. I'm coming from a smart phone so this was a little easier to get used to than the very basic flip which a tried out. I can swipe to text instead of t9, but be aware that some ppl don't like that because it's hard to do on such a small screen. Also a big complaint I read about when doing research on imamother was that during a call your face can press mute, hold etc. So you have to get used to pressing back button and then lock screen each time your on a call.

TCR

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 3:46 pm
amother OP wrote:

TIA

Qin F30. has waze and on-screen touch keyboard/swipe option

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 8:20 am
how will it hold up to my abuse? (I somehow manage to drop my phone constantly)

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 8:44 am
My kids school does not allow qin, so make sure that’s not an issue for you if you plan on getting that.

amother
Sand

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 8:52 am
amother Lavender wrote:
My kids school does not allow qin, so make sure that’s not an issue for you if you plan on getting that.

why not?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics