Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Kosher Pistachio Pudding

Amarante

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 2:30 pm
Is there any pistachio pudding that is kosher.

I can find this flavor for Royal or Jello but not sure if this flavor is kosher in these brands.

snooper86

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 2:32 pm
In Israel YOLO has Pistachio flavored pudding which was actually pretty good.

scruffy

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 2:35 pm
From googling, it seems that the Royal one has an OU on the packaging.

Amarante

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 2:36 pm
I tried squinting at the label but I wasn’t certain and I tried the OU database and they had nothing listed. 🤷‍♀️

I ove pistachio flavor and I love Bundt cake and there is a recipe I want to try fr a Pistachio Bundt Cake 🎂🥮🍰

scruffy

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 2:38 pm
Amarante wrote:
I tried squinting at the label but I wasn’t certain and I tried the OU database and they had nothing listed. 🤷‍♀️

I ove pistachio flavor and I love Bundt cake and there is a recipe I want to try fr a Pistachio Bundt Cake 🎂🥮🍰

Just found it on the OU site.

https://oukosher.org/product-s.....false

cbsp

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 2:39 pm
The Jello instant pudding pistachio flavor box we have at home is certified by OK (date 27 May 2024)

amother
Hibiscus

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 2:50 pm
Jello brand is kosher

Amarante

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 2:54 pm
Thanks everyone. I tried googling and the database but I couldn’t find it. The Jello should be easily available. Royal isn’t as available.

I will report back on the cake after making it and sampling a suitable number of slices. 😂😂

amother
Rainbow

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 7:22 pm
Can u please post the recipe for the cake it sounds delicious. Thanks.

Amarante

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 2:35 pm
amother Rainbow wrote:
Can u please post the recipe for the cake it sounds delicious. Thanks.

Not that difficult but a bit more of a potchke because one has to whip the egg whites for leavening.

Then use the yolks for a yolk heavy recipe like custard, bread pudding or even some cakes and brownies that use yolks instead of whole eggs - also yolks can be frozen. Lemon curd is delicious as well

Pistachio Bundt Cake

Yield: 10 to 12 servings

If you’ve never been a fan of Bundt cake, this one just might change your mind. The key to this cake’s moist crumb and sweet, nostalgic flavor is instant pistachio pudding mix, a trick that the chef Joshua Pinsky learned from his mother. A simple lime glaze and whipped ricotta for dolloping make this recipe feel more special than your average snacking cake. This also works well as a make-ahead dessert, retaining its moisture and flavor over a few days. Try making the whipped ricotta a day ahead: It’ll thicken and become even creamier overnight

INGREDIENTS

FOR THE CAKE

Nonstick cooking spray or neutral oil
2¾ cups/351 grams all-purpose flour
1 (3.4-ounce) package instant pistachio pudding mix
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon baking powder
¾ cup plus 1 tablespoon/195 milliliters whole milk
¾ cup plus 2 tablespoons/205 grams full-fat plain Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
9 large egg whites
1 teaspoon kosher salt (such as Diamond Crystal)
2 ½ cups plus 2 tablespoons/528 grams granulated sugar
1¼ cups/300 milliliters canola oil
⅔ cup/85 grams shelled pistachios, coarsely chopped

FOR THE WHIPPED RICOTTA (SEE TIP)

1⅓ cup/328 grams whole-milk ricotta
¼ cup/60 milliliters heavy whipping cream
⅔ cup/68 grams sifted confectioners’ sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
2 teaspoons olive oil
Pinch of kosher salt

FOR THE GLAZE

2¼ cups/230 grams sifted confectioners’ sugar, plus more as needed
¼ cup/60 milliliters fresh lime juice (from about 2 medium limes), plus more as needed
½ cup/64 grams unsalted roasted shelled pistachios, sliced or coarsely chopped
Flaky sea salt, for garnish

TIP

Whipped ricotta can be made up to a week in advance and stored in the fridge tightly covered with plastic wrap.

PREPARATION

Prepare the cake: Heat oven to 350 degrees and coat a 12-cup (or larger) Bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray.

In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, pistachio pudding mix and baking powder. In a second medium bowl whisk together the milk, yogurt and vanilla bean paste until smooth.

Combine the egg whites and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment (or in a large mixing bowl if using a hand mixer). Beat on medium speed until frothy, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the sugar, increase the mixer speed to high, and beat until the egg whites are marshmallowy with firm peaks that form when the beater is lifted, 4 to 5 minutes.

Remove the bowl from the stand mixer, add the flour mixture and canola oil, and gently mix them into the egg whites using a rubber spatula until smooth and no pockets of unincorporated flour remain. Gently mix in the milk mixture until completely smooth, and then stir in the pistachios until evenly distributed throughout the batter.

Pour the batter evenly into the prepared Bundt pan, smooth into an even layer and tap the pan on the counter several times to remove any large air pockets. Bake until the top of the cake is lightly browned and a skewer or cake tester inserted into the center comes out with just a few moist crumbs attached, 60 to 75 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes, then flip the cake out onto a wire rack and let cool completely before glazing.

While the cake is cooling, make the whipped ricotta:Transfer the ricotta to the bowl of a food processor fitted with the blade attachment and add the heavy cream, confectioners’ sugar, vanilla paste, olive oil and salt. Process until the mixture is completely smooth, stopping and scraping down the sides of the food processor as needed, 40 to 60 seconds total. (Alternatively, set a fine mesh strainer over a large mixing bowl and add the ricotta to the strainer. Use a rubber spatula to press the ricotta through the strainer into the bowl. Add the heavy cream, confectioners’ sugar, vanilla paste, olive oil and salt to the bowl of ricotta and vigorously whisk until smooth.) Transfer to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve. Makes about 1⅔ cups.

Once the cake is completely cooled, make the glaze: In a large mixing bowl whisk together the confectioners’ sugar and lime juice until the sugar is completely dissolved. The glaze should be very thick yet pourable. If the glaze is too thin, whisk in additional powdered sugar 1 tablespoon at a time. If it’s too thick, whisk in additional lime juice 1 teaspoon at a time. Transfer the glaze into a piping big or large zip-top bag with the corner cut off and drizzle the glaze over the top of the cooled cake, allowing it to drip down the sides. Immediately garnish the top with the sliced pistachios and sprinkle with flaky sea salt. Let stand until the glaze has set, about 20 minutes, and serve with the whipped ricotta.

Last edited by Amarante on Thu, Jan 11 2024, 10:32 am; edited 3 times in total

amother
Rainbow

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 3:22 am
Amarante wrote:
Not that difficult but a bit more of a potchke because one has to whip the egg whites for leavening.

Then use the yolks for a yolk heavy recipe like custard, bread pudding or even some cakes and brownies that use yolks instead of whole eggs - also yolks can be frozen. Lemon curd is delicious as well

Pistachio Bundt Cake

Yield: 10 to 12 servings

If you’ve never been a fan of Bundt cake, this one just might change your mind. The key to this cake’s moist crumb and sweet, nostalgic flavor is instant pistachio pudding mix, a trick that the chef Joshua Pinsky learned from his mother. A simple lime glaze and whipped ricotta for dolloping make this recipe feel more special than your average snacking cake. This also works well as a make-ahead dessert, retaining its moisture and flavor over a few days. Try making the whipped ricotta a day ahead: It’ll thicken and become even creamier overnight

INGREDIENTS

FOR THE CAKE

Nonstick cooking spray or neutral oil
2¾ cups/351 grams all-purpose flour
1 (3.4-ounce) package instant pistachio pudding mix
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon baking powder
¾ cup plus 1 tablespoon/195 milliliters whole milk
¾ cup plus 2 tablespoons/205 grams full-fat plain Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
9 large egg whites
1 teaspoon kosher salt (such as Diamond Crystal)
2 ½ cups plus 2 tablespoons/528 grams granulated sugar
1¼ cups/300 milliliters canola oil
⅔ cup/85 grams shelled pistachios, coarsely chopped

FOR THE WHIPPED RICOTTA (SEE TIP)

1⅓ cup/328 grams whole-milk ricotta
¼ cup/60 milliliters heavy whipping cream
⅔ cup/68 grams sifted confectioners’ sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
2 teaspoons olive oil
Pinch of kosher salt

FOR THE GLAZE

2¼ cups/230 grams sifted confectioners’ sugar, plus more as needed
¼ cup/60 milliliters fresh lime juice (from about 2 medium limes), plus more as needed
½ cup/64 grams unsalted roasted shelled pistachios, sliced or coarsely chopped
Flaky sea salt, for garnish

TIP

Whipped ricotta can be made up to a week in advance and stored in the fridge tightly covered with plastic wrap.

Thanks so much!

Reality

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 3:58 am
Do you actually bake this cake as dairy or use substitutes?

If you do bake dairy cakes aren't you nervous about mix-ups?

zebra111

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 4:01 am
Not sure this is what ur looking for but osem do a pistachio pudding powder (in israel anyway..)

Amarante

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 9:24 am
Reality wrote:
Do you actually bake this cake as dairy or use substitutes?

If you do bake dairy cakes aren't you nervous about mix-ups?

I bake dairy when it is an integral part of the recipe. There is really nothing that compares to the taste of some cakes that have sour cream as part of the batter.

Also some items aren't going to be mixed up.

If I baked something that could either be dairy or pareve, I put them in a labeled container since you have to store baked goods anyway. I tend to freeze baked goods anyway unless they are eaten immediately at a meal or gathering.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen