Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Will it disappear?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 4:00 pm
Over the last decade and many pregnancies bh I have gained about 50lbs. I always was thin but put on the lbs with the pregnancies and was never able to lose.

I’m very motivated now to lose weight. Somehow, my butt got so big over the years. It just grew and grew. I reallly don’t like it. If I really lose the 50lbs (or at least half of that!) will my butt naturally just get smaller? My face is always the first to show weight loss, but will that happen to my bottom too with enough weight lost?

If not, then is it only targeted workouts that will help?

I need encouragement that with enough work on my end I will see results

amother
Garnet

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 4:32 pm
It will definitely get waaaay smaller than it is now if you lose 50 lbs.

It may still be bigger than it was pre-pregnancy, but I bet you'll like it.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 4:32 pm
You give me hope

amother
Thistle

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 5:20 pm
Losing weight will help more than working out

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 5:35 pm
amother Thistle wrote:
Losing weight will help more than working out

Meaning what? Eating healthy over working out? Or just Stam however I lose the weight it’ll make a difference but not specifically targeted exercises for that area?

lamplighter

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 5:40 pm
You cannot target weightloss. Overall if you lose weight your body will be smaller. Which body parts will get smaller than the others is unpredictable, not always is it the same all over. I'm sure you've seen people who lost a lot of weight and tier face is gaunt but they still have wide hips or what not. You can target tone though. Tone doesn't mean smaller it means more muscular. A toned behind is often perkier and not smaller at all.

amother
NeonGreen

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 6:05 pm
I would focus on increasing fruits and vegetable and avoiding simple carbs and sugar drinks. If you are already doing that, increase fiber intake and be as active as possible. Be aware that healthy weight loss is slow. 1/2 pound to 1 lbs per week. And as others said, you don't control where the weight leaves from. Make sure to drink lots of water and try to get adequate sleep.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 6:23 pm
Where do I get fiber from?

I just had a baby. I’m only 3 weeks pp. I can’t work out intensely yet. But I’m trying to figure out how to tackle this the best way so as soon as I’m allowed I can get to it the best I can.

Does loosing weight from a pregnancy potentially come off faster (more than 1/2 lb per week)? I don’t have the experience of losing easily from nursing. But I also never really ate right or was overly active (starting at 6 weeks pp of course)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise