Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
I need a laugh
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 3:13 pm
Hey ladies, can we start a funny thread? Here’s my situation, I’m a NICU mom and my baby has been there for several months and we have no idea when he’ll be coming home. The daily hospital visits are getting to me. I have PPD and don’t know yet if I can continue with my therapist because my insurance changed and we’ve been trying to sort that out.

Aaand on top of that, my almost 2yo just discovered how to take off his diapers. When he’s wearing them. TMI

Humor is a good coping mechanism for me and a good stress relief! Anyone who can help me laugh gets points!

Ready, set…GO!!

Thanks all!

amother
Azalea

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 3:14 pm
Oy OP, how can we laugh at all that??? 🫂 Hashem should help you and hold you and give you everything you need to pull through 🫂🫂

amother
Azalea

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 3:19 pm
... Maybe your 2 year old can help with diaper duty in the NICU? He sounds rather skilled.

amother
Mimosa

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 3:20 pm
I'm not feeling all that humorous right now but a tip for your 2 yr old, put the diapers on back to front and he won't find the stickers. BTDT

amother
Hibiscus

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 3:22 pm
Look in the mirror and just start laughing, it'll make you laugh more.
Think about a funny story you had in the past, or a stupid statement someone said to you.
Open the funny-things-people-did threads here.
We could decide to laugh or cry through our challenges in life.

amother
Azalea

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 3:22 pm
On the bright side, there are probably no rockets hidden under your baby's crib in the hospital. So there's that.

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 3:25 pm
Dunno if this helps - but my friends two year old figured out how to remove his diaper while full and decided to finger paint the wall above his crib with the contents

She called me crying - but you gotta admit - its pretty funny if u aren't the one who needs to clean up LOL

Side point - when kids start taking the diaper off after filling it, they are edging towards being ready for toilet training

BrisketBoss

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 3:29 pm
The diaper thing is why I own a set of unisex onesies (bodysuits) in size 24m

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 3:30 pm
amother Azalea wrote:
Oy OP, how can we laugh at all that??? 🫂 Hashem should help you and hold you and give you everything you need to pull through 🫂🫂

Amen amen amen. Thank you. 💛

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 3:30 pm
amother Azalea wrote:
... Maybe your 2 year old can help with diaper duty in the NICU? He sounds rather skilled.

Rolling Laughter

This is what I’m talking about!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 3:32 pm
amother Mimosa wrote:
I'm not feeling all that humorous right now but a tip for your 2 yr old, put the diapers on back to front and he won't find the stickers. BTDT

Thought about that, DH thinks he’s more likely to leak that way bc the diapers aren’t symmetrical and doesn’t cover the tush as much as the back? What

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 3:33 pm
amother Hibiscus wrote:
Look in the mirror and just start laughing, it'll make you laugh more.
Think about a funny story you had in the past, or a stupid statement someone said to you.
Open the funny-things-people-did threads here.
We could decide to laugh or cry through our challenges in life.

Thanks for the feedback. I’m looking for funny stuff that any self-identifying thread clowns can come up with!

The funny-things-people-did threads are great—I already read them! Smile

amother
Snapdragon

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 3:35 pm
I had a strip-happy 1.5-year-old.
Backward zipup footless PJs.
You’re welcome Tongue Out

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 3:35 pm
amother Azalea wrote:
On the bright side, there are probably no rockets hidden under your baby's crib in the hospital. So there's that.

Yea!! Good point!!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 3:38 pm
amother Chocolate wrote:
Dunno if this helps - but my friends two year old figured out how to remove his diaper while full and decided to finger paint the wall above his crib with the contents

She called me crying - but you gotta admit - its pretty funny if u aren't the one who needs to clean up LOL

Side point - when kids start taking the diaper off after filling it, they are edging towards being ready for toilet training

Oyyyyyyy!!!! Sounds like a budding artist.

Way less upsetting than diaper contents being used for decorating purposes, but this is cute:

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 3:40 pm
amother Snapdragon wrote:
I had a strip-happy 1.5-year-old.
Backward zipup footless PJs.
You’re welcome Tongue Out

Ooh I like this idea! Do you have a link to a toddler-proof style you like?

belovedaz

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 3:41 pm
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....47662

I have this thread bookmarked for a lil pick-me-up whenever I need a few min. Some really good ones embedded.

amother
Snapdragon

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 3:46 pm
amother OP wrote:
Ooh I like this idea! Do you have a link to a toddler-proof style you like?

Carters has a bunch and they’re on sale now!
https://www.carters.com/carter......html

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 3:49 pm
belovedaz wrote:
https://www.imamother.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=447662

I have this thread bookmarked for a lil pick-me-up whenever I need a few min. Some really good ones embedded.

Yea I like this thread!!

Some of my other favorites are the “allergic to birth control” thread and anything funny by PKL.

amother
Azalea

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 3:57 pm
amother OP wrote:
Yea I like this thread!!

Some of my other favorites are the “allergic to birth control” thread and anything funny by PKL.

We've had a few funny thread round ups over the years. Want me to search?
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics