Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Israel vaccinations

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 11:18 pm
Will Israel's vaccination clinics give info about what brands they use or any choices? Or what combinations they offer? Is there any way to find this out before going? And is a vac appt scheduled - and possibly this could be arranged ? Or is it just walk in? Or are there any private pediatricians that will pleasantly let you choose what to get or give info about brands they offer etc...
is there any way to work this out before coming in?

also from their list on websites it seems like hep b is included in a group vaccination . In the us it does not seem to be

juggling

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 11:25 pm
Call your Tipat chalav clinic and ask to speak to the nurse about what vaccines they will be giving. I think they don't always have the ability to offer different options, as the supply is limited to what's on order. But the nurse should be able to discuss it with you.

I don't know anything about getting vaccines not through the public health system.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 11:29 pm
Thank you. They will answer questions like that on the phone? And is it by appointment?

juggling

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 12:02 am
amother OP wrote:
Thank you. They will answer questions like that on the phone? And is it by appointment?

Tipat chalav vaccination is by appointment.

I'd suggest calling and asking for the nurse to call you back. See what happens, I can't imagine they will give you a hard time.

amother
Aster

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 12:10 am
Tipat Chalav is by appointment.
They'll give you any info you want but there are no choices as to brands or companies - its whatever the state offer, it's not a private service.
You can choose to spread out the vaccines or not give all of them, to give one per appointment instead of 2 or 3 but you can't really split eg the MMR.
Hep B is given because in Mediterranean countries it's way more prevalent than in the US
I haven't heard of private doctors giving vaccines, up to the age of 6 everything is done through Tipat Chalav and after that in the schools or through natalie which is the service providing school nurses.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics