Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
I learnt my lesson NEVER to...
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Chartreuse

Post Fri, Jan 12 2024, 10:27 am
Not check pants pocket for tissues before washing.
My husband's got a bad cold and doesn't throw out his used tissues, is it a thing men do?. I keep washing his sweaters stuffed with tissues and then getting upset at the icky things sticking to my cloths.

JLi

Post Fri, Jan 12 2024, 10:31 am
Never say NEVER

amother
Burlywood

Post Fri, Jan 12 2024, 10:33 am
amother Chartreuse wrote:
Check pants pocket for tissues before washing.
My husband's got a bad cold and doesn't throw out his used tissues, is it a thing men do?. I keep washing his sweaters stuffed with tissues and then getting upset at the icky things sticking to my cloths.

This always happened to me in the beginning of marriage! My husband would leave tissues in his pajama pant pockets and would ruin every load! Bh he’s a quick learner and once I pointed it out to him he made sure to empty his pockets before putting the pants in the hamper, but it’s def not fun! Diapers/pull ups are the worst!!!!

amother
Lightyellow

Post Fri, Jan 12 2024, 10:34 am
Ask someone how many kids they have.

Person #1 was talking about her kids and when I asked how many she has, she said I had 5, but one was niftar, so now we have 4. embarrassed

For awhile I stopped asking this question. About 10 years later, Person #2 : I was in aishes chayil and a mother who is holding her baby and talking about her other kids, so I asked her how many she has.
Her response was BH I have a large family and we love every single one, especially the baby stage (and she starts kissing her baby) because they grow up so fast. I just can't get enough of this...

I guess I should have taken the hint but I was a kimpeturin too and I was annoyed at her taking me for a ride like that, making me feel like I'm so dumb that if she talks on and on, I'll forget the question I asked her, so I bluntly said: But you didn't answer my question. Can't Believe It and she says, BH I have a lot of kids.

That's it. I'm done. Twisted Evil

amother
Mustard

Post Fri, Jan 12 2024, 10:39 am
To Never Say Never

I am quite opinionated and strong and I've received my fair share of Humble Pie over the years

Finding myself doing things I never thought I would do. In situations where I judge somebody heavily and suddenly realized I am that person

amother
Ultramarine

Post Fri, Jan 12 2024, 10:42 am
Never ask my kids how many children are in their family.
My kids have many half siblings who don’t live with us.
They never know how to answer this question and hate being asked.

zaq

Post Fri, Jan 12 2024, 2:22 pm
Chew gum and eat peanut butter at the same time. Well, really, chew gum and eat anything at the same time.

The hugs were unnecessary. I was six years old at the time.

Last edited by zaq on Sat, Jan 13 2024, 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

ra_mom

Post Fri, Jan 12 2024, 2:33 pm
SuperWify wrote:
Never use color catchers. Clogged my washing machine and costed a lot to fix.

Lol I had the same thing. Used them for 2 years until they logged my machine and had to replace a costly part (and see the blackened sheets come out).
Now only if I need them for specific black on white garments, I place them in a sealed net bag. But will only use that way maybe 3x a year.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Fri, Jan 12 2024, 2:33 pm
Test drive a car with a child that gets carsick.
Twice I asked someone when's the wedding and they said it's off. I still ask if but maybe I shouldn't.

amother
Hawthorn

Post Fri, Jan 12 2024, 3:26 pm
I'm pretty sad that I learned this lesson but I dont wish mazel tov to someone I meet after seeing them pregnant. or even if they tell me they gave birth. I wished someone a cheerful mazel tov and they said the full term baby didn't live....

amother
NeonBlue

Post Fri, Jan 12 2024, 3:29 pm
amother Lightyellow wrote:
Ask someone how many kids they have.

Person #1 was talking about her kids and when I asked how many she has, she said I had 5, but one was niftar, so now we have 4. embarrassed

For awhile I stopped asking this question. About 10 years later, Person #2 : I was in aishes chayil and a mother who is holding her baby and talking about her other kids, so I asked her how many she has.
Her response was BH I have a large family and we love every single one, especially the baby stage (and she starts kissing her baby) because they grow up so fast. I just can't get enough of this...

I guess I should have taken the hint but I was a kimpeturin too and I was annoyed at her taking me for a ride like that, making me feel like I'm so dumb that if she talks on and on, I'll forget the question I asked her, so I bluntly said: But you didn't answer my question. Can't Believe It and she says, BH I have a lot of kids.

That's it. I'm done. Twisted Evil

Couldn’t agree more. On the same note, don’t ask how old their oldest is as you never know if said child is not frum or in rehab. It’s hard to walk around eggshells but better safe than sorry

amother
NeonBlue

Post Fri, Jan 12 2024, 3:31 pm
amother Hawthorn wrote:
I'm pretty sad that I learned this lesson but I dont wish mazel tov to someone I meet after seeing them pregnant. or even if they tell me they gave birth. I wished someone a cheerful mazel tov and they said the full term baby didn't live....

This happened to a close friend of mine. She got a huge Mazel tov from someone in a public place after she had a stillborn.

amother
Ultramarine

Post Fri, Jan 12 2024, 3:39 pm
Don’t ask me which yeshiva my son is in.

amother
Raspberry

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 11:20 am
Not leave enough time between drinking my morning coffee and leaving the house

amother
Lightcoral

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 1:45 pm
Don't put a pillow in washing machine (even on a delicate wash).
My kids came home and asked if I had slaughtered a chicken in the bathroom!

amother
Darkblue

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 2:50 pm
Sorry I don't agree with some of them!!
If someone is talking about their kids you can ask how many kids they have !! And if someone's child is engaged you're allowed to ask when the wedding is!! You can ask how old the oldest is so what if they're not frum or in rehab?!?

sarahph1

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 3:13 pm
amother Lightcoral wrote:

how else do you wash it, I do this all the time

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 7:09 pm
amother Lightcoral wrote:
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

amother
NeonBlue

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 7:10 pm
amother Darkblue wrote:
Sorry I don't agree with some of them!!
If someone is talking about their kids you can ask how many kids they have !! And if someone's child is engaged you're allowed to ask when the wedding is!! You can ask how old the oldest is so what if they're not frum or in rehab?!?

May you never be in a position where you get asked a question that hurts.

amother
Daffodil

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 7:27 pm
amother Hawthorn wrote:

The mazel tovs I got after a stillborn were not pleasant, and people exhuberantly asking "What did you have??" - at times I was so irritated I would simply answer "A stillborn." Yeah I dont wish anyone mazel tov unless I saw an announcement that they had a baby.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics