Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Going to the pool with period
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 3:05 pm
Hi, I’m curious what others do when invited to the beach / pool on their period?

What do you wear? (I’m not a tampon wearer)
Or do you avoid?

Thanks so much! Heart

amother
Iris

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 3:23 pm
amother OP wrote:
Hi, I’m curious what others do when invited to the beach / pool on their period?

Or do you avoid?

Thanks so much! Heart

If it was one of the first days when the flow is heavy, I wouldn't go in the water even with a tampon.

If it was a lighter day, I would totally go in with a tampon.

There isn't really a way of going in the water with a heavy flow...

DrMom

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 3:40 pm
I use tampons. I don't know of any other hygeinically acceptable solution.

amother
Snow

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 3:43 pm
amother OP wrote:

Or do you avoid?

Thanks so much! Heart

Im not a tampon wearer either. Never have. If I would be invited to a pool during my period, I would just not go into the water.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 4:01 pm
Thank you so much for your replies.

How do you get out of such a situation then, without it being awkward? (Unfortunately the pool idea can’t be changed)

We are a group of friends getting together to celebrate a certain milestone.

Goodness, I hate these things… 😬

shabbatiscoming

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 4:12 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thank you so much for your replies.

How do you get out of such a situation then, without it being awkward? (Unfortunately the pool idea can’t be changed)

We are a group of friends getting together to celebrate a certain milestone.

Goodness, I hate these things… 😬

Its really ok if your friends know you have your period.

amother
Smokey

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 4:24 pm
You have two options, let your friends know you are on your period and just hang out without going into the water, or try out tampons and you might be okay with it….

amother
Cyan

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 5:50 pm
DrMom wrote:

Would a menstrual cup work? I don't use them, but it seems they perform the same function of containing the flow.

amother
Yellow

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 6:27 pm
I can count on one hand how many times in my life I've worn a tampon and they all had to do with going swimming. I don't generally use tampons because I find them uncomfortable, but for a couple of random occasions they were useful.

DrMom

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 6:31 pm
amother Cyan wrote:
Would a menstrual cup work? I don't use them, but it seems they perform the same function of containing the flow.

I think it would. OP, would you try that?

mom_13

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 6:31 pm
DrMom wrote:

Menstrual cups. They are the absolute best. No need to wonder if you've been wearing them for four hours or six, since they can be in up to 12 hours. You can go to sleep with them, go through an entire day of work without needing to change, perfect for swimming and so much more! They are also reusable making them a sustainable choice and really easy to clean. And before anyone asks, no, I don't have stocks in any brands nor do I earn commissions. Just a woman that hated waking up in a bloodbath monthly or using tampons. Once you start using these (they do have a learning curve, but it's not too hard) you'll never go back to anything else. The only thing I hate about them is that I can't wear them post birth!

notshanarishona

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 6:58 pm
As someone who goes swimming almost every day as part of her job Aunt Flo or not..
Your options are
Tampons
Menstrual cup/ disc (make sure to put in right)
Period swimming underwear (my favorite, almost like a diaper, it’s plastic / rubbery underwear with a reusable pad )

amother
DarkPurple

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 7:02 pm
Seconding the period swimsuit. I don't wear tampons either so it's my favorite option

amother
Steelblue

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 7:18 pm
Just learn to use tampons it’s worth it.

amother
Cyclamen

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 7:30 pm
I agree with everyone else’s replies. But also, if you really don’t want to divulge or try one of the other options, you can just sit on the edge with your feet in and schmooze. No need to explain past that.

amother
Rose

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 7:33 pm
I never used tampons until we were going to a water park and my period started a couple days earlier than I expected. I couldnt stay out of the water cuz I had to watch my toddler in the pool.First time for everything!

amother
Coffee

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 7:40 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Its really ok if your friends know you have your period.

I can't believe that a woman would be embarrassed to tell her female friends she had her period.

When I was 11, I got my period and I was a bit ahead of anyone else and I was at a pool owned by my aunt and couldn't go on.

I WAS ELEVEN and so I was embarrassed but my aunt came to my rescue.

But in a year or so I was comparing notes with other female friends and I don't know any female friend who wouldn't mention it if it was appropriate - I.e. they didn't feel well. And certainly I wouldn't be embarrassed.

And TAMPONS - I taught myself with the help of a girlfriend when I was 13 or so because I wanted to be able to go swimming in the summer. Besides the discomfort of wearing a smelly soggy pad for a few days when one can be clean and dry

amother
Anemone

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 8:10 pm
It’s time To use a tampon. It’s life changing

Chana Miriam S

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 8:24 pm
You could always use a menstrual cup

amother
Mimosa

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 8:42 pm
I hate tampons but would use them for such an occasion. Or wear a bathing suit with a pad and shorts or a cover up and stay out of the pool.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics