Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Going to the pool with period
Previous  1  2

amother
Ecru

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 8:44 pm
amother Coffee wrote:
I can't believe that a woman would be embarrassed to tell her female friends she had her period.

When I was 11, I got my period and I was a bit ahead of anyone else and I was at a pool owned by my aunt and couldn't go on.

I WAS ELEVEN and so I was embarrassed but my aunt came to my rescue.

But in a year or so I was comparing notes with other female friends and I don't know any female friend who wouldn't mention it if it was appropriate - I.e. they didn't feel well. And certainly I wouldn't be embarrassed.

And TAMPONS - I taught myself with the help of a girlfriend when I was 13 or so because I wanted to be able to go swimming in the summer. Besides the discomfort of wearing a smelly soggy pad for a few days when one can be clean and dry

It’s different when you’re married and then everyone knows your nida
Not everyone is comfortable with letting people know their status it’s not so crazy

amother
Magnolia

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 9:12 pm
Another tampon hater, but I've sucked it up and used them when I've wanted to swim badly enough. Cup is also an option.

amother
Broom

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 9:15 pm
amother Anemone wrote:
It’s time To use a tampon. It’s life changing

This!!!

amother
Amber

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 9:59 pm
I’ve used tampons my whole life, pads seem really gross to me
It’s really not a big deal to try it out
It’s also not a big deal to tell your female friends you have your period
Is it a secret that you get periods?

amother
Mimosa

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 10:15 pm
I don’t know why OP doesn’t use tampons but for me they are incredibly uncomfortable no matter what I try. It’s not always about learning or being willing to try, not everything that work well for you will work well for someone else.

tree of life

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 11:00 pm
Period knickers best invention

amother
Papayawhip

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 11:42 pm
Im an avid swimmer my entire life. Try to relax and start with a plastic applicator and read instructions, while practicing to use tampons. It is the most liberating thing to use. Once, you mastered it, you will never go back to pads only. Btw, I do use a pad just in case I leak on a very heavy flow day. Give tampons a try, before your swim party!!!

amother
Eggplant

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 11:50 pm
amother Anemone wrote:
It’s time To use a tampon. It’s life changing

I only got comfortable with tampons after I got married (it got easier after birth)
And it’s LIFE CHANGING. I bless them every month.
I don’t feel like I have a period. It’s in and out a couple times a day. Done.

amother
Eggplant

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 11:51 pm
What’s there to hate about tampons?? I’ll never understand. Pads are the most disgusting thing 🤢 sitting in a pool of blood for days on end

amother
Petunia

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 11:55 pm
mom_13 wrote:
Menstrual cups. They are the absolute best. No need to wonder if you've been wearing them for four hours or six, since they can be in up to 12 hours. You can go to sleep with them, go through an entire day of work without needing to change, perfect for swimming and so much more! They are also reusable making them a sustainable choice and really easy to clean. And before anyone asks, no, I don't have stocks in any brands nor do I earn commissions. Just a woman that hated waking up in a bloodbath monthly or using tampons. Once you start using these (they do have a learning curve, but it's not too hard) you'll never go back to anything else. The only thing I hate about them is that I can't wear them post birth!

Ok please help, I just tried one for the first time , the first 4 hours was great I’m like wow this is so cool! Then I went to the bathroom , emptied it out and reinserted it , I wore a pad in case, and next time I went to the bathroom there was more blood in the pad then in the cup! I’m like forget it I’m throwing this out ! I happen to love tampons but I just wanted to give it a try . I use a diaphragm so I thought it would b similar but y didn’t didn’t it work ?!

amother
Petunia

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 11:56 pm
amother Eggplant wrote:
I only got comfortable with tampons after I got married (it got easier after birth)
And it’s LIFE CHANGING. I bless them every month.
I don’t feel like I have a period. It’s in and out a couple times a day. Done.

So life changing! I will def b teaching my daughters to use these , I don’t understand how ppl can use pads !

amother
Lightblue

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 12:11 am
If you're not prepared to wear internal protection, DONT GO IN THE WATER, full stop. Anything else is disgusting.

mom_13

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 3:04 am
amother Petunia wrote:
Ok please help, I just tried one for the first time , the first 4 hours was great I’m like wow this is so cool! Then I went to the bathroom , emptied it out and reinserted it , I wore a pad in case, and next time I went to the bathroom there was more blood in the pad then in the cup! I’m like forget it I’m throwing this out ! I happen to love tampons but I just wanted to give it a try . I use a diaphragm so I thought it would b similar but y didn’t didn’t it work ?!

Make sure you're getting the right size cup for your flow AND body type. Also, make sure the cup has fully opened once it's inside of you.

amother
Jade

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 4:00 am
amother Petunia wrote:

It sounds like it didn't pop open inside you. Meaning you stuck it in but it just stuck to the side without blocking/catching anything. When I put it in, I spin it around a couple of times to make sure it's open and in position.

I agree with the above poster that menstrual cups are the best and the only negative is I can't wear it after birth. Otherwise I feel like I don't even have a period!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 11:19 am
Thank you so much. I really appreciate all the replies.

When single, I was extremely open about when I had my period, but once I married, I’d prefer to keep these things private. (I think everyone’s entitled to decide when they want to keep things private.)

I guess the time has come for me to try tampons out and look into the menstrual cups and period underwear.

Thank you all so much ❤️

amother
Petunia

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 1:24 pm
mom_13 wrote:
Make sure you're getting the right size cup for your flow AND body type. Also, make sure the cup has fully opened once it's inside of you.

How do I know what size I need?

tweety1

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 2:18 pm
Not everyone does well with tampons. I don't. I tried so many different kinds and absorbencies. I did do very well with the cup though. The only downside with a cup is if you ever want to empty it you need a sink nearby and gloves (to rinse it)

amother
Red

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 3:13 pm
tweety1 wrote:
Not everyone does well with tampons. I don't. I tried so many different kinds and absorbencies. I did do very well with the cup though. The only downside with a cup is if you ever want to empty it you need a sink nearby and gloves (to rinse it)

I've had a mixed experience with the valve cup, but sometimes it works.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics