Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Teach me how to dress in winter weather

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 10:09 pm
Coming for Yeshiva week from Sunny Florida to NYC. I have sweaters and a winter jacket, gloves and hat. Do I just wear black tights and boots and I’ll be warm enough? Anything else I need to buy?

amother
Lightcoral

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 10:18 pm
Sound like you have what you need

amother
Gladiolus

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 10:31 pm
If you tend to get cold, you can bring leggings and socks too. Remember that depending on where you are, the heating may be enough that a sweater is too warm. So have options.

amother
Nemesia

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 10:33 pm
Scarf?

Dolly Welsh

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 10:35 pm
A muffler for your neck might be good. Any scarf can serve.

If you will be staying over, you will need a warm bathrobe and pajamas or nightgowns.

Knit hats are good. Some sleep in one, if it is very cold. You lose a lot of heat through your head.

You want cotton next to the skin. That means undershirts or tank tops as camisole. And extra socks.

amother
Cognac

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 10:36 pm
Black tights and boots should be warm enough, but you can get fleece lined leggings if you want to be extra warm.

Tao

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 10:38 pm
NY isnt so cold. You'll be fine with what you have. It's not Siberia Smile
If you'll be out really late at night when it's the coldest time of day maybe some leggings under your skirt.

amother
Cyclamen

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 10:40 pm
You can wear black shoes or booties most of the time. Boots are if it snows, rains, the temperature drops dramatically, or you're going on a longish walk.

amother
Holly

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 11:35 pm
I’m in Lakewood and it isn’t that cold! No need to bundle! Black tights and shoes , sweater or long sleeve shirt, jacket

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 11:57 pm
It’s not that cold but we’re used to it. Coming from Florida you’re not used to the cold so it might feel colder to you. When my in laws come from Florida they say it’s freezing even when it’s 40’s because they’re not used to it

TCR

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 11:59 pm
Tao wrote:
NY isnt so cold. You'll be fine with what you have. It's not Siberia Smile
If you'll be out really late at night when it's the coldest time of day maybe some leggings under your skirt.

weather supposed to really dip in nyc this week

amother
Watermelon

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 12:00 am
This upcoming week weather is forecast to be in the 20's, so you really never know... It can be reaaalllly cold. Pull on hat or ear muffs is a must.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 12:28 am
You wear a hat over your sheitel? I would imagine the snow will ruin my sheitels “set” but so will a hat.

amother
Leaf

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 9:56 am
Similar story here. Any links for little girls shoes/booties that can be worn with tights? What my kids are wearing here is not going to work in a cold climate.

Dolly Welsh

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 6:26 pm
amother OP wrote:
You wear a hat over your sheitel? I would imagine the snow will ruin my sheitels “set” but so will a hat.

Here, a synthetic wig in a style similar to your usual look might come in handy. Their set is baked in, and does not respond to rain or hats.

Maybe loosely drape a scarf over your sheitel, tied under the chin.

amother
Whitewash

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 8:11 pm
You are coming to the frigid freeze from sunny Florida??? I am counting down the days until we board the plane and get in some warm sun (hopefully) even though it’s only for 3 days!
How funny life is…

If you are wearing a sweater and a winter coat, you’ll be fine. If it’s lower than 35 degrees you might want gloves too unless you’re in and out of your car.

And I’ll start looking for my summer clothes…

amother
Cyclamen

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 8:28 pm
It just got REALLY cold. Are you planning to be outdoors a lot? If so, go for the max bundled up look.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics