Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Would you send dh and kids?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 12:22 am
I'm due about two weeks after my kids midwinter break. Some of my kids have been extremely unhappy about staying home and they are making their unhappiness known. Would you send Dh and kids down to Florida for an extended weekend over midwinter break. I have never gone into labor before my due date but I know that's no guarantee.

amother
Seagreen

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 12:23 am
Not a chance in hell

amother
DarkYellow

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 12:24 am
NO!

Unless you are willing to have the baby by yourself.

amother
Slateblue

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 12:28 am
Nope. I had most of my babies late... until the one that came two weeks early, totally unexpected.

amother
Slateblue

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 12:31 am
Maybe though you can do a smaller vacation within an hour or two driving distance, so that you can come back early if needed.

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 12:31 am
I maybe would... but not because my kids show extreme displeasure in staying local for mid-winter break. The entitlement Can't Believe It

Elilove

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 12:34 am
No way!

amother
Zinnia

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 12:35 am
Honestly it's probably very healthy for your kids tho learn that not always is it possible for what you want to happen...

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 12:36 am
Absolutely not! I had a baby last midwinter. My kids did nothing. We got a new baby!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 1:02 am
Really tempting me to have some peace and quiet for a few days....

But I am nervous about giving birth alone

amother
DarkYellow

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 1:04 am
amother OP wrote:
Really tempting me to have some peace and quiet for a few days....

But I am nervous about giving birth alone

So send them to a hotel an hour away during the week.

amother
Charcoal

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 1:06 am
If it’s a help for you let DH take the kids to a local hotel and do local trips - fun and change of scenery but close enough in case of emergency. BUT not because kids are unhappy, only because it’s a help for you. If they feel that you gave in let them stay home and do nothing. Major entitlement.

Eta I had a baby in early September. We always do a major vacation in August between camp and school, this time we stayed home and DH did day trips with them. Everyone survived.

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 1:14 am
Nope. Make them the best staycation ever.
Have DH take them on day trips.

Not going to Florida will not kill them. It will build character.

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 1:22 am
I absolutely would NOT I have only had one baby who went to term. Three were born 8-10 days early, and one was 3.5 weeks early. I wouldn’t risk it.

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 1:27 am
amother Slateblue wrote:
Nope. I had most of my babies late... until the one that came two weeks early, totally unexpected.

Me too. All late. a couple almost 2 weeks late and then last baby showed up 1 1/2 weeks early! No guarantees at all

amother
Forsythia

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 1:29 am
A weekend of peace and quiet? Sounds amazing. Worth giving birth alone just for that. Lol. I guess I'm the dissenting opinion. And if you have the money for a Florida vacation, hire a doula so you're not alone.

(I've also never given birth early. Even when my doctors were convinced I would.)

amother
Hydrangea

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 1:29 am
Agree to send them all somewhere closer so Dh can return quickly if necessary
For your own peace of mind to relax before the impending simcha
Bshaah tovah !

essie14

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 1:37 am
I would never let DH be more than an hour away when I am in my 9th month. Absolutely not.
Help him plan a great stay cation and enjoy the peace and quiet during the day. Get takeout for dinner.

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 1:47 am
Putting your own needs on one side for a minute, what are you teaching your kids if their needs always supersede everyone else's? This is the perfect time for them to learn, that yes sometimes we want something, and even want it very badly but Hashem has put us in a position where we have to be mevater. It's more important to be home this year than to go away. It's a life lesson which is likely one of the most valuable lessons you can give them.

You don't want your dils on here in ten years complaining how their husbands went away and left them alone because they needed a break.

amother
Mimosa

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 1:51 am
My apologies, this will sound harsh, but your kids sound incredibly spoiled. Pay someone to take them off your hands if you can afford it, but DH STAYS. I can't believe you're even thinking about letting him leave town two weeks before your due date.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics