Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
8m old waking every 2 hours helpppp

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 12:00 am
He's not a newborn! I can't handle this!

Ebf no formula

I do give him solids. Maybe not enough?

He's a tiny little thing in general. I gave cantaloupe and scrambled eggs for breakfast/lunch and chicken and salmon for supper. With nursing obviously.

I don't see a difference at night on days that he ate tons of chicken and potatoes and days that he ate nothing.

He already has 1 tooth

amother
Garnet

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 12:03 am
Waking and? Seems hungry? How do you know? Can you have your husband try and soothe him? Can he offer water instead of BM? Is he getting more teeth and is in pain? Perhaps try Motrin and see if it helps ?

amother
Alyssum

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 12:04 am
That’s normal to eat every 2 hours at 8 months. 8 months is so young and breastmilk digests so fast. I would aim towards 3 meals a day soon in addition to the breastmilk.

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 12:24 am
amother OP wrote:

Ebf no formula

He's a tiny little thing in general. I gave cantaloupe and scrambled eggs for breakfast/lunch and chicken and salmon for supper. With nursing obviously.

I don't see a difference at night on days that he ate tons of chicken and potatoes and days that he ate nothing.

He already has 1 tooth

It’s healthy and Normal for an 8 month old to wake up. If he wakes to feed and doesn’t seem to be uncomfortable or in pain than that’s just the stage he’s up to right now!
Many kids don’t sleep through the night until they’re toddlers. Or beyond:)

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 12:33 am
No it's a recent development that he wakes up. Used to go to sleep at 7, nurse again around 11, then a few more times. Like I've left in the evening with a babysitter and know he'll sleep for a stretch.

Now he's sooo kvetchy going down. Wakes every 2 hours screaming. Won't take pacifier, only relaxes if I nurse. Diapers are so soaked I have to change in middle of night, because he's drinking so much.

Maybe it's teething?

smss

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 12:34 am
Does he fall asleep nursing at night?

amother
Eggshell

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 2:17 am
growth spurt?

amother
Cornsilk

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 2:56 am
You are blessed with a precious 8 months old baby.
You are blessed with an incredible ability to feed, calm and soothe him.
Go to sleep earlier, so you can be rested even with interruptions every two hours.
Embrace your baby and all it includes

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 3:43 am
I don't buy the 'embrace the madness' thing. No matter what time I go to sleep, having a constantly interrupted sleep with a life to wake up to the next morning (ie kids, job, husband etc) is ridiculous. An 8mo will be a happier human being with good sleep too!
OP, I'm stuck with my 9mo too atm. I'm seriously considering buying the sleep course from babysleepmaven.

amother
Crimson

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 4:50 am
That sounds very hard and I don’t think it’s normal for a baby that age. Could it be silent reflux? Babies with that tend to cry when put down.

amother
Crystal

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 8:24 am
amother OP wrote:

Ebf no formula

He already has 1 tooth

He’s prob waking bc he wants the connection. With you. Not always hunger. So many different needs that a baby can have and it’s normal (of course frustrating). They just feel safer with us…

amother
Crystal

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 8:25 am
smss wrote:
Does he fall asleep nursing at night?

I heard it’s a myth that the way they fall asleep affects how they sleep. But idk.

amother
Crystal

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 8:26 am
amother OP wrote:
No it's a recent development that he wakes up. Used to go to sleep at 7, nurse again around 11, then a few more times. Like I've left in the evening with a babysitter and know he'll sleep for a stretch.

Now he's sooo kvetchy going down. Wakes every 2 hours screaming. Won't take pacifier, only relaxes if I nurse. Diapers are so soaked I have to change in middle of night, because he's drinking so much.

Maybe it's teething?

Of it’s recent then it’s prob the 8-10 month sleep regression just starting early. Is he doing anything different developmentally? Crawling? Standing? That could cause wake ups and it just will prob go away on its own…

hodeez

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 8:34 am
Had the same recently, baby was teething plus had a cold

amother
DarkGray

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 9:15 am
amother Cornsilk wrote:
You are blessed with a precious 8 months old baby.
You are blessed with an incredible ability to feed, calm and soothe him.
Go to sleep earlier, so you can be rested even with interruptions every two hours.
Embrace your baby and all it includes

While nice in theory and yes that’s how I treated my first- I’m now also blessed with toddlers that need to be put to bed. And I’m also blessed with a husband who I haven’t been with, or eaten dinner with for 3 weeks because my baby won’t sleep. I hate this holier than thou attitude that if only I was grateful it would work.

Op I would assume teething, mine just sprouted a few after 2 weeks like this.

amother
Cognac

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 9:49 am
I’d try giving him Motrin one night. My babies are like that when they’re teething.
I’d also say to feed him more during the day. He can eat three meals and snacks/ why not.
But when my babies are teething their appetite goes down…

tichellady

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 9:57 am
I sleeptrain around this age because I start losing my mind from lack of sleep . I like the book “ the happy sleeper”

amother
Mimosa

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 10:19 am
As a sleep consultant with a variety of methods to suit parent’s parenting styles, I beg you to sleep train. There is no reason your baby has to suffer. More than you want you want your baby to sleep through the night, they want to. Quality sleep is so essential for infant development. Don’t allow anyone to make you feel guilty for your personal decisions. Those that are happy without sleep training, good for them. Everyone has to do what works for them. Good luck!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics