Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Women’s sneakers

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 7:13 am
I live in Lakewood and have noticed that many put together looking women are wearing sneakers. I have bad feet and would love to wear sneakers on a regular day, but have no idea what’s in style. Anyone have links to what I could wear and look ok?

amother
Leaf

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 7:14 am
Same. Also do I wear socks with them with the black tights?
Any short skirt?

gogold3333

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 8:37 am
Yes that's the new trend in Lakewood, sneakers and ankle whits socks above your black stockings.

amother
Wallflower

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 8:38 am
amother OP wrote:
I live in Lakewood and have noticed that many put together looking women are wearing sneakers. I have bad feet and would love to wear sneakers on a regular day, but have no idea what’s in style. Anyone have links to what I could wear and look ok?

There are certain shoes that are made for bad feet like if you have flat feet then Brooks I think are good. Do you see a podiatrist? They can tell you which brand are good for your “bad feet”
I guess any brand you can find a cool color that seems in style but I would suggest you first look at the brands that are good for your feet and then choose within those one that look more stylish. I’m ordering from Brooks and just getting a cool looking color.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 10:07 am
amother Wallflower wrote:
There are certain shoes that are made for bad feet like if you have flat feet then Brooks I think are good. Do you see a podiatrist? They can tell you which brand are good for your “bad feet”
I guess any brand you can find a cool color that seems in style but I would suggest you first look at the brands that are good for your feet and then choose within those one that look more stylish. I’m ordering from Brooks and just getting a cool looking color.

Yes I go to a podiatrist etc. I wear super ugly shoes and sneakers that are good for my feet. But if I can find pretty stylish shoes/ sneakers that are also good for my feet then why not?
Does anyone have links?

amother
Wallflower

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 10:47 am
amother OP wrote:
Yes I go to a podiatrist etc. I wear super ugly shoes and sneakers that are good for my feet. But if I can find pretty stylish shoes/ sneakers that are also good for my feet then why not?
Does anyone have links?

Right just usually the stylish pretty shoes aren’t good lol. What brand did yours recommend?

CatLady

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 10:49 am
I suggest you go to a running store and get properly fitted. Once you know what type of shoe fits your feet, you can shop for something that meets the criteria and also looks cute. But function overrides fashion IMO.

amother
Leaf

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 10:53 am
CatLady wrote:
I suggest you go to a running store and get properly fitted. Once you know what type of shoe fits your feet, you can shop for something that meets the criteria and also looks cute. But function overrides fashion IMO.

A running store over a foot doctor?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 11:42 am
amother Wallflower wrote:
Right just usually the stylish pretty shoes aren’t good lol. What brand did yours recommend?

Which is why I’m excited casual comfortable looking sneakers seem to be in style. Lakewood stylish people please help me out with a link! Thank you! (This is not about my feet but style. Thanks!)

amother
Apple

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 11:49 am
Do you have something like this in mind?
I don’t live in Lakewood but where I live everyone’s wearing these
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H.....F0aWM

amother
Leaf

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 11:50 am
I think she means which New Balance or ASICS sneakers are in now.
Rivki Rabinowitz on instagram posted a trend forecast and mentioned which styles.

amother
Wallflower

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 12:29 pm
amother Apple wrote:
Do you have something like this in mind?
I don’t live in Lakewood but where I live everyone’s wearing these
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H.....F0aWM

I feel like these don’t seem so supportive for someone with bad feet. Like I said look for brands like Brooks, ASICS and get cool looking color from the good brands.

tweety1

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 12:30 pm
amother OP wrote:

Last summer or 2 summers ago I asked on here for a recommendation for sneakers. Somebody posted a link to the most comfortable lightweight sneakers. I'll try to find it.
Eta: I can't find. But it's from the company all TIOSEBON

chili-n-cholent

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 12:44 pm
rag and bone is very in and supposed to be very comfy
https://www.nordstrom.com/s/ra.....r=001
similar idea https://www.vincecamuto.com/en.....50877||&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAiAzJOtBhALEiwAtwj8thKVTpL46ByL3RptavbUyIyFgvA3djAO4UVzcgP2VXQIpn1lsr3p3xoCKZYQAvD_BwE

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 1:50 pm
It’s funny, I feel like trends from the secular fashion world come to in town frum fashion a few years later. Sneakers with athletic socks have been in for a while, the most common brands I see are Nike, Asics, Hoka, On Cloud, Brooks. White is still in, but other colors too.

amother
Leaf

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 2:30 pm
Even in frum fashion it’s been in for a while but takes time for it to trickle down to everyone.

amother
NeonYellow

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 4:12 pm
I just went last week to roadrunner sports in Shrewsbury. They evaluate your feet and walking style and many other factors. They tell you which type of sneaker from each brand will work best.

amother
Mocha

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 4:59 pm
I tried wearing white trendy sneakers and I just looked nerdy. I think you need to be trendy all around to pull it off....

amother
Stonewash

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 5:27 pm
amother Mocha wrote:
I tried wearing white trendy sneakers and I just looked nerdy. I think you need to be trendy all around to pull it off....

I’m not trendy and I like black sneakers

amother
Leaf

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 5:44 pm
amother NeonYellow wrote:
I just went last week to roadrunner sports in Shrewsbury. They evaluate your feet and walking style and many other factors. They tell you which type of sneaker from each brand will work best.

Is this recommended over foot doctor?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics