Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
What’s your hardest place to clean?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 2:34 pm
What’s the hardest place in your house to clean or organize for Pesach? The one you dread?

And can you do a thorough org of that place now so that when it comes to pesach cleaning it’ll be easier?

I’ll start…it’s my basement playroom.
It’s out of sight, but once I open the closets, the cleaning lady is always mixing toys together etc, and even if I organize it now I don’t think it’ll make a difference before pesach.

I need a better system!

Highstrung

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 2:37 pm
Playroom is my easiest . I don’t clean it for Pesach. I lock it up and sell and only take out a couple of games and toys for Pesach.

I organize my playroom once a week to keep it maintained and organized.

smss

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 2:37 pm
Kitchen.

Can you lock up most of your toys rather than clean them all? Or buy a few new ones just for Pesach? It's only a week...

Highstrung

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 2:38 pm
Also have the cleaning lady only mix things together in one designated bin if she doesn’t know where the items belong . You spend 10-15 minutes a week to put the items from that bin in the proper spot.

Highstrung

smss wrote:
Kitchen.

Can you lock up most of your toys rather than clean them all? Or buy a few new ones just for Pesach? It's only a week...

Yes, kitchen is the hardest to clean

amother
OP

smss wrote:
Kitchen.

Thing is I want it to be organized!
I love that feeling of everything clean and organized at once!

Selling it is a cop out to me.

zaq

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 2:39 pm
The kitchen. I should think that would be obvious.

613mitzvahgirl

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 2:45 pm
I’d say the kitchen and then the Seforim shelves. The kitchen is hard bc it’s a high traffic area in my house BhBh and the Seforim shelves bc to put them back in is confusing. But all in all it’s fun- in my opinion

smss

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 2:47 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thing is I want it to be organized!
I love that feeling of everything clean and organized at once!

Selling it is a cop out to me.

I hear. Is Pesach the best time of year for you to do a big organizing spree? If it works for you then go for it! If it's stressing you out, maybe another time is better for that.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 2:51 pm
smss wrote:
I hear. Is Pesach the best time of year for you to do a big organizing spree? If it works for you then go for it! If it's stressing you out, maybe another time is better for that.

That’s why I’m thinking of using the next few weeks for pre pesach cleaning organization.

And start the pesach cleaning in ADar.

amother
Daphne

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 3:19 pm
On that note- I decided that very soon I’ll be doing my freezer. No, And don’t mean cleaning it out for pesach. I mean ordering bins for different food types so it’s very organized. Then when it gets closer to pesach I will IyH have a much easier time cleaning.

amother
Dahlia

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 3:21 pm
Living in a small apartment with a bunch of small kids, after years of trying to organize and clean in advance - I realized the following:

There's no point.

What I do now is *optionally* organize closets, toy boxes etc. before Rosh Chodesh Nissan and throw things out, but my cleaning doesn't depend on it, so no stress. Anything I don't organize I can always tape up. But I do like to do it still.

Then I clean. It takes maximum one day for the cleaning room, one day for the master bedroom, two days for the kids room, two days for the dining room, one day for the outdoor spaces, two days for the kitchen. That's 9 days for a thorough cleaning, at a relaxed pace, without help. The benefits of living a simple lifestyle in Israel Wink

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 4:25 pm
The kitchen, of course. But of the kitchen, I dread cleaning the fridge. It's not all that dirty, but my husband and I still pull it apart and wash it in the bathtub. No cleaning lady.

amother
Lotus

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 4:27 pm
By far the refrigerator! No way I can do that ahead of time.

lamplighter

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 4:34 pm
This year there are 2 adars. First is for organizing and purging, the second will be cleaning.

hodeez

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 4:39 pm
Kitchen, kashering the countertops is my most dreaded task. Other than that I enjoy the month of prep for such a beautiful holiday

amother
Daphne

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 5:02 pm
amother Lotus wrote:
By far the refrigerator! No way I can do that ahead of time.

Oh I did that already! My Seder table’s even set!
Tongue Out

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 5:10 pm
Fridge and freezer cleaning is the most stressful for me.
But really, the hard part for me isn’t the cleaning, it’s keeping the house functional while Pesach cleaning. Still need to do laundry, suppers, shabbos, carpool…..

amother
Amaryllis

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 6:50 pm
amother Firebrick wrote:
The kitchen, of course. But of the kitchen, I dread cleaning the fridge. It's not all that dirty, but my husband and I still pull it apart and wash it in the bathtub. No cleaning lady.

I do this with my fridge twice a month. Love it!

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 7:24 pm
amother Amaryllis wrote:
I do this with my fridge twice a month. Love it!

How.Do.You.Do.This. 2x/mth? You literally pull out all the brackets, shelves and drawers? You sit on the edge of the bathtub, bend down into the tub and clean, rinse, then dry everything? I give you much credit!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics