Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Home organizer for ND Moms. AMA
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 3:48 pm
I help women with ADHD, ASD or mental health struggles organize their homes. We declutter and try to find hacks and systems to help them stay on top of things.

AMA.

scruffy

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 3:49 pm
What is your system for keeping on top of mail?

flowerpower

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 3:51 pm
Where do you live? Is it under a program? Who pays
You? Does it stay uncluttered once you do it?

amother
Lightpink

oh my goodness that's amazing!
Do you by any chance have a blog or youtube channel- would love to see something like that!
how do you help maintain systems, I'm awful about maintaining anything Sad

scruffy

Are you ND or do you have family members who are ND?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 3:56 pm
I have ADHD and I have kids with ND.

I do not do it as a business, it's really just a chessed. I have a knack for it, I'm not judgemental at all, I was told people enjoy my company and feel good around me so I started doing this by word of mouth. It's usually the people who really need this are struggling. I just want to help women feel like they are ok, there are solutions and they can feel dignified. I live in Brooklyn and I don't drive. I ask people to pay for my Uber there and back.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 4:04 pm
scruffy wrote:
What is your system for keeping on top of mail?

A lot of these things are person specific but I can throw out some general ideas that have worked for some.
- garbage can by the front door. Junk is thrown out immediately.
- anything that needs to be dealt with goes onto the fridge (or other in your face place) until it's paid or the event happened. One side of the fridge is clear of magnets and pictures. No it's not pretty but this is not about pretty.
- papers that need to be filed go in basket that sits on top of a simple file cabinet or file folder. Almost nothing really needs to be filed. Each family member has a file, if it's theirs it goes there. Once a week or every rosh Chodesh, go through the file pile, lots of it will now be garbage and then file what you still think you need.
- pictures of artwork or sentimental papers that you don't want to keep.
- kids can keep sentimental items/papers in a singular memories box.

Does this help any?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 4:06 pm
flowerpower wrote:
Where do you live? Is it under a program? Who pays
You? Does it stay uncluttered once you do it?

The ideal is to work with the lifestyle and habits that already exist. Often things need to be tweaked and we trouble shoot. Everyone needs to declutter again over time. I try to help with the overwhelm part. When it gets like this, this is what I do/need to do to get it back to manageable.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 4:10 pm
amother Lightpink wrote:
oh my goodness that's amazing!
Do you by any chance have a blog or youtube channel- would love to see something like that!
how do you help maintain systems, I'm awful about maintaining anything Sad

Fun fact: I have ADHD and maintaining things is SO hard for me. I so get you!!! It's why doing this work is so fulfilling, I get the dopamine from problem solving and then I don't need to be the one on top of it. I struggle in my own home with maintenance. Joking aside:
What we try to do is to figure out ways to reset easily without overwhelm.
I find the reason why the systems are mostly successful is because we make them based on the habits that ALREADY exist. Ex if you dump your mail on a certain surface, let's keep a tray there for it to be dumped on. If you sometimes aren't sure that you put on deodorant, keep a deodorant in your coat closet.

amother
Amaryllis

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 4:23 pm
Wow! This is a ln amazing cheesed! I can use this!

theoneandonly

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 4:27 pm
Best tips for keeping on top of my laundry? I was just telling dh last night- I feel like I'm constantly doing laundry but the hampers are constantly full and my kids never have clean clothes to wear.

scruffy

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 4:41 pm
amother OP wrote:
A lot of these things are person specific but I can throw out some general ideas that have worked for some.
- garbage can by the front door. Junk is thrown out immediately.
- anything that needs to be dealt with goes onto the fridge (or other in your face place) until it's paid or the event happened. One side of the fridge is clear of magnets and pictures. No it's not pretty but this is not about pretty.
- papers that need to be filed go in basket that sits on top of a simple file cabinet or file folder. Almost nothing really needs to be filed. Each family member has a file, if it's theirs it goes there. Once a week or every rosh Chodesh, go through the file pile, lots of it will now be garbage and then file what you still think you need.
- pictures of artwork or sentimental papers that you don't want to keep.
- kids can keep sentimental items/papers in a singular memories box.

Does this help any?

Yes, thank you.

amother
Dahlia

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 4:54 pm
Wow, what you do is amazing, I live nowhere near you, ina different country,
can I work with you on zoom?

amother
Whitewash

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 5:27 pm
Omg, can I book you TMI (I’m the another on the other thread asking for more tips!) I’d love more laundry tips and toys

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 5:33 pm
Do you work with husbands with adhd? If we pay?

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 6:00 pm
Do you have a degree? You can become a provider through hcbs?? (You can also just charge cash but you'd have limitless clients, I know I'd hire you!!)

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 6:49 pm
I do not have a degree in organizing Smile

If you email me at 1frogforbreakfast@gmail.com I can see if I can be of help.

I'm not comfortable working with men.

I'll get back on here soon to answer the laundry questions.

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 6:52 pm
Is it possible to set up for organization when there's no budget to buy baskets etc?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 7:28 pm
amother Razzmatazz wrote:
Is it possible to set up for organization when there's no budget to buy baskets etc?

Yes, it just may not look as pretty. One thing I sometimes do is recycle people's bins and baskets. Do you how many people buy all kinds of bins in the hopes that this time they will be organized and stay that way? Some people are happy for me to find a new home where it will actually be used.
My favorite thing to do in the kitchen is not to organize into Instagram worthy baskets but to reorganize the placement of everything in the kitchen so everything is in its most efficient spot (based on each person's needs).

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 7:31 pm
amother Whitewash wrote:
Omg, can I book you TMI (I’m the another on the other thread asking for more tips!) I’d love more laundry tips and toys

Both of these categories are so case specific. Usually I'll see what system is in place now, and we'll troubleshoot what it is that's not working and come up with a new system.
Examples: fewer toys, buckets with lids or buckets without lids, baskets instead of drawers, hanging up clothes on hangers vs folded in drawers. Laundry one load a week or one room a week or all of it on one day and then done for the week.
It's so individual.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics