Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
ISO HCBS Providors
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 10:48 pm
Looking for HCBS Providors in Crown Heights. Amy field is ok. The hours have been going to the garbage for a year now. Any leads appreciated!

amother
DarkGreen

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 11:39 pm
Your care manager should be helping you with that.

mushkamothers

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 11:57 pm
I recently signed up with yeled to do parent coaching Smile (edit- pm me if interested bc it's under my maiden legal name)
Also I've seen some ads in the classified of the weekly crown magazine if you get that

Last edited by mushkamothers on Wed, Jan 17 2024, 8:52 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Cherry

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 12:15 am
amother DarkGreen wrote:

Actually there is a different person that helps find and set up workers. Not usually done by the caremanager.

amother
Dimgray

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 12:22 am
amother DarkGreen wrote:

I've gotten some really good providers for my kids but I also found my coordinator frustratingly vague when I asked her what resources there are for me. She was like "tell me what you're looking for and I'll find someone'

and I was like "can you please tell me whats even available... bc so far all you've given me is home organizers that I don't need and I KNOW there must be better help out there..." I don't know a lot of people in the program but I know some of them have things like fitness trainer that wasn't even presented to me as an option.

Idk if it's an auditing thing or what but I feel like she's being cagey which is weird.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 1:40 am
My care manager said they don't really have anything but I'm welcome to find my own providers. So if anyone knows of anything I'll appreciate any info!

amother
Brass

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 3:05 am
amother Dimgray wrote:
I've gotten some really good providers for my kids but I also found my coordinator frustratingly vague when I asked her what resources there are for me. She was like "tell me what you're looking for and I'll find someone'

and I was like "can you please tell me whats even available... bc so far all you've given me is home organizers that I don't need and I KNOW there must be better help out there..." I don't know a lot of people in the program but I know some of them have things like fitness trainer that wasn't even presented to me as an option.

Idk if it's an auditing thing or what but I feel like she's being cagey which is weird.

Oh my-exactly. I just signed up and have no clue what is even available. They just keep offering home organizers. I don't need that- but that is the only option I was offered

Any one here gets other services from HCBS
please let me know what's out there- I don't even know what to request
And I do not need organizer but only thing they offering

amother
Daffodil

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 6:47 am
I work for Braverhood and we have a very dedicated recruiter who works really hard finding staff. Acc to policy, families are not even supposed to find their own workers. The doh prefers the agency finds staff. Which agency r u using?

amother
Tanzanite

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 7:33 am
It depends how many hours you got and what your insurance approved for your case. You should get a letter from your insurance stating what you are eligible for.

The provider has to be signed up to the agency you are using.
So you want to get to the gym, but if no trainer is signed up to your agency then you won't be able to get it.

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Jan 18 2024, 8:28 am
They're actually not allowed to tell you which services are available. It sounds crazy, but it's true. The idea is that this is not a fun program in which you get to take advantage of whatever might be convenient. Rather it is a program that assists with significant deficits- but that's why we have conversations here - so that we can all take advantage. LOL

In addition to home organizing, you can ask for meal preparation and fitness related things like classes/personal trainer. You can even ask for massage therapy if you frame it as a way to reduce stress. You can ask for all sorts of classes/teachers/tutors for your kids - anything from dance to gardening and all sorts of types of sports/physical education.

amother
Tanzanite

Post Thu, Jan 18 2024, 8:40 am
Music or art therapy. Social/skills groups. Daycare.

They offer admission tickets somewhere for chol Hamoad, they rent out a place. Send Chanuka gifts.

amother
Tanzanite

Post Thu, Jan 18 2024, 8:41 am
What meal prep help do they give?

foreverone

Post Thu, Jan 18 2024, 9:04 am
What does home organizer mean? Do I need to be there and guide them-like one on one organizing skills?
Do they offer cleaning help?

amother
Brass

Post Thu, Jan 18 2024, 9:05 am
amother Tanzanite wrote:
Music or art therapy. Social/skills groups. Daycare.

They offer admission tickets somewhere for chol Hamoad, they rent out a place. Send Chanuka gifts.
[b]

Daycare?? What does that mean?
What age? How many hours?

amother
Tanzanite

Post Thu, Jan 18 2024, 9:07 am
You need to find someone that can go on to their program and get a check from them as a salary, or a cleaning agency they can send the check to. Otherwise they wouldn't give you any money towards help.

amother
Tanzanite

Post Thu, Jan 18 2024, 9:10 am
foreverone wrote:
What does home organizer mean? Do I need to be there and guide them-like one on one organizing skills?
Do they offer cleaning help?

A home organizer guides you not you guide them.
Best is that you work together, like what you need, what you declutter or throw out.
They can help you set up a system

amother
Tanzanite

Post Thu, Jan 18 2024, 9:12 am
amother Brass wrote:
[b]

Daycare?? What does that mean?
What age? How many hours?

Idk I heard people can get that. Not sure.

amother
Tanzanite

Post Thu, Jan 18 2024, 9:16 am
Big brother/mentor

Respite/homework helpers

foreverone

Post Thu, Jan 18 2024, 9:23 am
amother Tanzanite wrote:
You need to find someone that can go on to their program and get a check from them as a salary, or a cleaning agency they can send the check to. Otherwise they wouldn't give you any money towards help.

How much do they pay per hour?

cashier

Post Thu, Jan 18 2024, 9:30 am
Is anyone actually provider or can give a recommendation to a specific provider?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries