Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Anyone else think it's gotten out of hand?
Previous  1  2  3

amother
DarkOrange

Post Fri, Jan 19 2024, 9:14 am
amother Pansy wrote:
You really get requests multiple times every day?

Yes! Moreover, organizations/people share lists, which is highly inappropriate. Please don't bombard me with emails and texts when you got my contact info through unethical means.

For me, it all started when I donated to one of the online fundraisers. Apparently my email was shared with others and continues to be shared and Ive been inundated with requests since. I can literally get 20+ emails in one day alone.

The unsuscribe option is unhelpful, since each campaign generally utilizes a unique email address. Its beyond ridiculous. Amd to be honest, it makes me ignore all requess, even the ones I would have normally acknowledged.

amother
Gray

Post Fri, Jan 19 2024, 9:35 am
amother Indigo wrote:
I recently got a text asking to contribute to a campaign. It was from someone I never met before, they just got my number off of a list. I didn't respond because I don't usually answer these mass text things and a half hour later I got another text from them with just "???". Now THAT is what I call chutzpah

That's what the DELETE button is for

amother
Bone

Post Fri, Jan 19 2024, 11:25 am
My family was going thru a hard time so I reached out to an organization . They helped us a lot(volunteer type of helping). Came time for their fundraiser they called and asked us to take a page we felt stupid to reach out to people to help us raise money but ok (we are very poor) thru out the campaign they didn't stop calling and hounding us that were not raising enough (mind you we sent out the link ). The person in the organization who for the past few months helped us so graciously also put pressure on us Twisted Evil This just left a bad taste in my mouth. I'm sure most organizations are incredible and would never act like this . You can be sure ill think twice before reaching out for help again

amother
Lightyellow

Post Fri, Jan 19 2024, 11:31 am
Let's not forget that tzedaka is a mitzvah. Your donation goes a long way

giftedmom

Post Fri, Jan 19 2024, 12:25 pm
amother Bone wrote:
My family was going thru a hard time so I reached out to an organization . They helped us a lot(volunteer type of helping). Came time for their fundraiser they called and asked us to take a page we felt stupid to reach out to people to help us raise money but ok (we are very poor) thru out the campaign they didn't stop calling and hounding us that were not raising enough (mind you we sent out the link ). The person in the organization who for the past few months helped us so graciously also put pressure on us Twisted Evil This just left a bad taste in my mouth. I'm sure most organizations are incredible and would never act like this . You can be sure ill think twice before reaching out for help again

This has been my experience too. I wasn’t even the one being helped just family members. And since I turned down some requests (to make parties, give speeches etc.) I’ve been given the cold shoulder. Very off putting but I’ve been saying for a while that a lot of these orgs are staffed by narcs.

amother
Grape

Post Fri, Jan 19 2024, 12:57 pm
Yes, lol, but I wouldn't get upset about it. I think it's a natural outcome of klal Yisroels way of surpassing all things chesed & tzedaka, & when you combine that with our close-nit communities, plus our way of jumping on new technologies to stremline things, in this case Whatsapp status, this is what you end up with.

I'm sure it can be hard if close family & friends put others on the spot, but otherwise I think it's good to take in stride & see underlying goodness in it.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette