Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Pink eye and working with kids

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 3:27 pm
Would you be upset if your child's ganenet came to work with pink eye?

amother
Snow

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 3:32 pm
Yes. I would assuming she's treating it with drops and is being careful not to touch her eye and wash her hands. Unless you think kids are going to poke their fingers in her eye?

amother
Wallflower

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 3:33 pm
amother OP wrote:
Would you be upset if your child's ganenet came to work with pink eye?

Yes, unless my child would also be allowed to go to gan if they catch pink eye.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 3:54 pm
amother Snow wrote:
Yes. I would assuming she's treating it with drops and is being careful not to touch her eye and wash her hands. Unless you think kids are going to poke their fingers in her eye?

So you would be upset but also assume she was treating it?
And there is no way to be careful with the little kids in this scenario. They are 1 - 1.5. They touch what they want.

amother
Lightblue

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 3:55 pm
If she’s on antibiotics for a day I’d be fine with it. An adult can be careful not to touch it and spread it. And she can also keep kids away from her face.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 3:59 pm
amother Lightblue wrote:
If she’s on antibiotics for a day I’d be fine with it. An adult can be careful not to touch it and spread it. And she can also keep kids away from her face.

Before antibiotics.

You wouldnt be upset to see a drooly goopy red swollen eye and know that what the teacher has is contagious?

The little kids are very touchy. They drool, lick toys and then touch us teachers.

amother
Mintgreen

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 8:00 pm
Pink eye is extremely catchy. It made its rounds in my family a few months ago and didn’t discriminate. My baby, older kids, adults… we all caught it from each other. I would not be happy if my child’s teacher came to school with it. No different than the flu.

zoom

Post Wed, Jan 24 2024, 4:38 am
No, I wouldnt mind.

An adult would be way less catchy then a child.

She can wear gloves, wash her hands, not touch her face etc.

LovesHashem

Post Wed, Jan 24 2024, 5:42 am
It's also possible her boss made her come in or guilted her about it being a hug elain to find an replacement and they need her....

Been there done that.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 24 2024, 5:48 am
LovesHashem wrote:
It's also possible her boss made her come in or guilted her about it being a hug elain to find an replacement and they need her....

Been there done that.

My boss told me that its fine to come in because kids share germs and touch everything and put things in their mouths anyway. Banging head
But after thinking about it, I wouldnt wsnt a kid in gan if they had pink eye. And I know the parents wouod be upset. I wouldnt want to be the one to spread pink eye.
And its not my problem aboug finding a replacement. Thats my boss's responsibility.
I stayed home. My eye is swollen, goopy, very red. But I went to the doctor, got mrdication and will.be back tomorrow.

DrMom

Post Wed, Jan 24 2024, 6:12 am
Of course she shouldn't come to work with pink eye. It is very contagious. Stay home and don't spread it around.

amother
Azalea

Post Wed, Jan 24 2024, 6:50 am
My boss told me I had to come in when I had pink eye. I felt SO weird and horrible being there. I’m sure many of the parents were thinking bad things when they dropped their kids off. I wished I could have told them that I thought I should be home!
The next time I got pink eye I just said I was too sick to come in. I think it looks horrible for a preschool teacher to be working with pink eye. I understand my boss was desperate.
(It was really bad pink eye. And I had woken up like that. I had not been on any antibiotics).

If it’s your playgroup I guess give the parents the option if they want to send their kids in or not.

LovesHashem

Post Wed, Jan 24 2024, 7:10 am
My boss told me I'd be fired if I didn't come in. She harassed me and called my endlessly when I was working in a Gan many years ago. I hear I'm not alone....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics