Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Compliment thread

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 6:22 pm
I was wondering if we could start a friendly, positive thread where we give and get compliments. I know a lot of us could use some. Here are the rules.

You compliment the person above you on what she said about herself that she is proud of. Then you write something about yourself that you are proud of.

For example:

Amother1: I cleaned my house today!

Amother2: Good job! I bet you feel great in your clean house!

I stayed calm today when a jerk insulted me.

Amother3. Wow! That can be so difficult!

I went jogging this morning.

Etc.

Please try to keep it as non-controversial as possible, and keep nice. If the person before you says "I lost 5 lbs on keto!" and you believe that keto is the least healthy thing a person could do and it was probably all water and muscle they lost anyway, then don't say anything and wait for someone else to respond where you can genuinely respond positively.

I'll start: I made a big move a few months ago and it was good for me.

amother
Iris

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 6:28 pm
Great meshana makom meshana Mazel! Hope you have easy adjusting and I'm sure it feels so good to have a bigger space, and I'm sure you're so geshikt, and now you must feel so great, that you unpacked everything and find the right place for each item. Hatzlacha! May you make many simchos and dwell with menuchas hanefesh in your new abode!

I went to be Menachem avel, which was a great stretch for me.

my mama

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 6:46 pm
Wow! That's a really beautiful chesed that often feels very uncomfortable. I'm sure they appreciated that you came.

I made a full dinner today even though I'm exhausted

tweety1

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 6:51 pm
I admire you. Thursday a full dinner deserves extra credit because you still need to cook for shabbos.

I'm taking 2 of my siblings kids over shabbos which includes a toddler. I was almost going to say no until I decided to be a מעבור על מדותיו and use the zchus to daven to hashem.

amother
Iris

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 6:52 pm
Great that you pushed yourself, even if you were tired, to prioritize to care for your family.

I'm resilient, and trying to pick myself up, when my husband is trying to push me down

amother
Iris

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 6:58 pm
Wow! A toddler ain't an easy thing to take upon yourself! I guess it's very much needed for your family member! Unbelievable that you have it in your heart, to be able to step up to the plate, to help her, even if it's a difficult undertaking.

effess

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 8:12 pm
amother Iris wrote:
Great that you pushed yourself, even if you were tired, to prioritize to care for your family.

I'm resilient, and trying to pick myself up, when my husband is trying to push me down

That takes a lot of courage and strength! Hashem should help that things turn around for you and in the meantime give you the ko’ach and wisdom to continue holding yourself up.

HappyMamma

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 11:29 pm
effess wrote:
That takes a lot of courage and strength! Hashem should help that things turn around for you and in the meantime give you the ko’ach and wisdom to continue holding yourself up.

What did you do today that you are proud of?

amother
Amethyst

Post Sat, Jan 27 2024, 10:22 pm
Wow this thread is beautiful!
I’m being consciously conservative in limiting my outings/events and putting my energy into myself and my family, which is needed now but feels sometimes selfish and lonely.

effess

Post Sat, Jan 27 2024, 11:17 pm
amother Amethyst wrote:
Wow this thread is beautiful!
I’m being consciously conservative in limiting my outings/events and putting my energy into myself and my family, which is needed now but feels sometimes selfish and lonely.

Your short term feelings of loneliness will give you great gains. Your prioritizing yourself and your family is very commendable. You should see the results of your effort!

I didn’t lose patience with one of my kids who is capable of grating at my nerves like no other. I also made him his favorite salad just because.

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 9:25 am
Amen! Thank you for your beautiful brachas and words Smile

Wow that took a lot of inner strength and resolve, and self control! Way to act consciously instead of just reactively, I’m sure Hashem got so much nachas and you set such an example of midos to the whole family. Not to mention how much it benefitted this particular child! Way to go!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics