Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Bra fitting for larger size

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 28 2024, 1:05 am
Recently had a baby.
I got fitted for new bras right before. Of course I became even bigger and went back to be refitted. I'm up another cup size!
I'm not happy with the current fit. Baby is 3 months old. My clothing doesn't lay nicely and I feel a bit droopy. Bra just doesn't feel like the right size.
Went to local store in my area and spent almost 2 hours trying different styles and sizes. I am not ready to spend $85 and not be totally happy with the fit.
I'm a 38-40 DD-G (different opinions by different fitters).
Google shows that Bravasimmo in Soho/Manhattan specializes in D+. Anyone has any experience with this store?
Any other recommendations in NYC?

effess

Post Sun, Jan 28 2024, 2:37 am
Different brands run different hence the cup size difference.
Good luck

amother
Pansy

Post Sun, Jan 28 2024, 4:43 am
If you are not a very big person but have a big bust I'd definitely try Bravissimo, which stocks European brands. Generally speaking, American bras are not designed for large busts so much as for large women, which means you often end up with a bra that is too big around the band in order to get an adequate cup size.

Iymnok

Post Sun, Jan 28 2024, 4:46 am
OP, when you find something, please let us know!

Busybee5

Post Sun, Jan 28 2024, 5:04 am
Following. I'd love to buy on Amazon but so hard to get right!
If I go to a frum store I'm paying £90-100 each bra.

Success10

Post Sun, Jan 28 2024, 5:18 am
Busybee5 wrote:
Following. I'd love to buy on Amazon but so hard to get right!
If I go to a frum store I'm paying £90-100 each bra.

Sometimes it's worth it to go to a frum store just to get fitted properly and know what brand and size to get.

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Sun, Jan 28 2024, 9:27 am
Go to a frum store. Saposh in BP is my store of choice. And I have tried many different stores in both BP and Lakewood. I am 34g right now. They are really equipped for all the right things for frum women and they will do the alterations to make the bras fit just right.
It’s not just about size, it is about fit. I am size 34G in the specific bra that I like to wear. Every bra is a little different.
I have been 30DDD and 32DD at different times. Go to a good place.
And if you are post baby 3 months, you probably won’t get bigger now, but you might get smaller or change shape, so don’t buy too many at a time.

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Sun, Jan 28 2024, 10:09 am
While I haven’t tried Bravissimo in Manhattan, I’ve tried the one in London which is incredible. I’m a size 34G and I never thought I’d look pretty in bras. They’re incredible. The workers in London told me that the US branch doesn’t carry as much but that the person who used to run the British branch runs the US one and is an expert fitter and only hires top fitters
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics