Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Mother of Kallah Gown

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 8:39 am
I'm having a very difficult time finding a gown. They are all so heavy with all the beading and fabric, and I'm just generally uncomfortable in a dress anyway.

I found these 3 online. Would any of them be good? I love the one with the collar and buttons in the front, but I'm not sure it's fancy enough. The 2 v-necks I'd have to figure something out, but there's no beading, so that's a huge plus!

Please help! Thanks!

links to dresses:

1. https://www.dillards.com/p/aid.....91250

2. https://www.dillards.com/p/jes.....62363

3. https://www.dillards.com/p/jes.....76855

Einikel

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 8:40 am
They look pretty simple for a mother but if you like it go for it!

Chayalle

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 8:42 am
Alot depends on the standards in your circles and community. I think I like the black satiny v-neck best, but that's my personal taste. You could have a rounded dicky-style insert made for it to make it tnius.

I know what you mean about heavy gowns. I was lucky to find a lace covered gown for DD's wedding that was surprisingly light. I hate being stuffed into heavy clothing. I need to move and breathe!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 8:49 am
Einikel wrote:
They look pretty simple for a mother but if you like it go for it!

Yeah....that's what I'm worried about! 😞

SuperWify

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 8:52 am
I think the first option is best.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 9:43 am
Chayalle wrote:
Alot depends on the standards in your circles and community. I think I like the black satiny v-neck best, but that's my personal taste. You could have a rounded dicky-style insert made for it to make it tnius.

I know what you mean about heavy gowns. I was lucky to find a lace covered gown for DD's wedding that was surprisingly light. I hate being stuffed into heavy clothing. I need to move and breathe!

Where did you find a lace gown that wasn't heavy and tznius? I've found a bunch online, but they are either super heavy looking and/or need the lace lined (which feels very complicated! Did you just wear a shell underneath?

Chayalle

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 9:46 am
amother OP wrote:
Where did you find a lace gown that wasn't heavy and tznius? I've found a bunch online, but they are either super heavy looking and/or need the lace lined (which feels very complicated! Did you just wear a shell underneath?

At a Gemach in Lakewood. It was lined, no shell.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 9:49 am
Chayalle wrote:
At a Gemach in Lakewood. It was lined, no shell.

Oh! I'm OOT, so no Gemach and I don't have the opportunity to go to one before the wedding. 😞

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 10:28 am
OP I absolutely love the first one- totally my taste! You could dress it up with "diamond" necklace and earrings. Comfortable and fabulous!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics