Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Best restaurants in Yerushalayim for family
Previous  1  2  3

B'Syata D'Shmya

Post Wed, Jan 31 2024, 7:06 am
heidi wrote:
Crave!!!

Did their hechsher change? Im not sure its in line with OPs requested standard. I would love it if it did, I hear great things from them but the hechsher was an impediment for us.

juggling

Post Wed, Jan 31 2024, 7:07 am
heidi wrote:
Crave!!!

I think it's rabanut mehuderet?

juggling

Post Wed, Jan 31 2024, 7:08 am
I'm surprised nobody mentioned schmaltz. I've never been but I heard good things.

ganmama

Post Wed, Jan 31 2024, 7:18 am
juggling wrote:
I'm surprised nobody mentioned schmaltz. I've never been but I heard good things.

The food at shmatlz is very heavy… and imho not so great. It’s also all outside, so with small kids isn’t necessarily ideal.

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Jan 31 2024, 7:39 am
juggling wrote:

I know someone who used to work there. The food is good but it's incredibly overpriced and protons got smaller. They really try to attract the rich young crowd....

The really have kept raising prices and lowering portions. We went a few years ago and it was good and I thought it was expensive then.... A had a family member go recently and said it the food went down too and it was not good

Also there was a whole thread on a Jerusalem group about how they treat their workers after the owner posted asking why he can't retain workers......

Reality

Post Wed, Jan 31 2024, 9:44 am
Success10 wrote:
I'm happy to meet up with you at a Machpud place sometime! Wink

Sounds good to me!!

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, Jan 31 2024, 10:00 am
LOve this thread!!!
I dont think anyone mentioned yet Sam's Burgers in Har Chotzvim - near Ricotta.
It's got a Rubin hechser, IIRC.
On top of Ricotta is another steakhouse restaurant - Rodriguez. Delicious.
As far as I know, Entrecote has been rebranded as Well Done and has moved down the hill from where it used to be to larger, stunning premises - great place, but pricier than what OP was looking for.

Here's another vote for Noya - absolutely Yummy food, and reasonably priced.
Another gem which only turned Mehadrin (Rubin) relatively recently is IMA - a meat restaurant with eastern delicacies like Kubbeh and stuff. Not cheap but not priced way out of the park either. And lovely ambience. They have another branch in Kiryat Anavim - near Telzstone, a short drive from Jslm.

Another two pricier, meaty places in Jslm that I'm listing here for any other interested foodies, is: Skyline (Rubin hechsher), near the Ramada. Nice ambience, and delicious cuisine - among the best I've had in Israel, actually.
The Veranda - at the David Citadel Hotel. I don't remember exactly which hechsher it had, but DH looked into it, and it passed for us...
BTW - PSA -last time we at at Papagayo, the on-site Mashgiach that had been working there for years was not there. They said he hasnt been there since the start of teh war (we didn't stay Sad ) .

As for Dairy:
Don't forget Greg in Malcha Mall. Bustling place. tasty food. Kids would probably have a blast seeing the electronic robo-trolleys serve their food... Dont rmember which hechsher, but probably Rabbanut Jslm. Worth checking!!

There's also Happy Fish at Mamilla.
Pricey - so don't think it's for OP... more like fine dining... but creative menu and delish.
Sephardi hechsher IIRC.

Someone mentioned RBS
There are 2 new meaty Mehadrin places in Sha'arei HaIr:
Abramitos = sit down meaty restaurant with Rav Landau hechsher.
Nearby is Ambers - a schwarma place where you can also sit down, under Kehillos supervision.
There's also Mesubin, of course - been around for years - a proper sit-down meaty place in the nearby gas station parking lot - their food is also great.
There's also a new Sushi takeout place down in the merkaz of RBSA - Tokyo, with Rubin hechsher. Delicious!!!!!!!! (they have a branch near the shuk in Jslm that someone already listed here).
The place is meant to have an upstairs seating area, but as of today - that's still under construction.

There's a really lovely ice cream parlour in RBS called Iceland with a sephardi hechsher. And, of course, there are two branches of Katzefet.

amother
Impatiens

Post Wed, Jan 31 2024, 10:08 am
have been following as going soon with kids but on a small budget....noyas prices are...wow...
any others on a budget please.

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, Jan 31 2024, 10:12 am
TO amother above - dining on a budget -
Sam Burgers would be a great meaty option for kids.
And Hallo Teiman.
As well as any pizza place.
Also recommend Cafe Denya for a more well-rounded meal which isn't as pricey as meat.

There's Meshulashim in RBS (one branch up in RBSA merkaz mischari and a larger, sit down branch in Sha'arei HaIr).
There's also the Ambers Schwarma place in RBSA.

amother
DarkViolet

Post Wed, Jan 31 2024, 11:35 am
ganmama wrote:
The food at shmatlz is very heavy… and imho not so great. It’s also all outside, so with small kids isn’t necessarily ideal.

Yeah, I used to like it. Now I'm not the biggest fan but if I want I'll order takeout.
The seating area is gorgeous but there are usually huge rowdy groups of boys there

Success10

Post Wed, Jan 31 2024, 11:38 am
Theres also that healthy place on Yaffo, The Village Green, it’s had an acceptable hechsher in the past

When I one day have time, id like to compile all the places in this thread into one post with the name, hechsher and location in an organized list.

B'Syata D'Shmya

Post Wed, Jan 31 2024, 11:39 am
Success10 wrote:
Theres also that healthy place on Yaffo, The Village Green, it’s had an acceptable hechsher in the past

When I one day have time, id like to compile all the places in this thread into one post with the name, hechsher and location in an organized list.

Village green is closed.

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Jan 31 2024, 11:55 am
I'd reccomend better restaraunts for RBS.

Not amber - Hello Taiman for shawarma, and Kapoa for sushi/Asian food. Also their sushi is always buy one get one free....

Dairy I'd reccomend Rimon. Those are our favorites, other places have good food, haven't heard horrendous reviews or anything but these are our favorites.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions