Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
If you are one of those that "shop sales at the end of seaso
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 3:41 pm
season", can you explain how you do it?

I always see posts about how women "shop the Jewish sales at the end of the season" and get things 80% off.
My daughter is growing out of all her clothes and needs some new clothes to tide her over until summer.
she is size 5, maybe I would get 6, and I checked all the Jewish websites but they are all sold out of her size!

I live in Lakewood, and all the stores are on sale too.
I went to lil legs outlet and totini on Sunday, and spent over 2 hours scrounging through all the racks and racks of smushed together 70% off winter clothing and came home with exactly one dress to show for my efforts. (it was $6 so that part was great)

Do people really drive around to every single store in town and spend hours searching through all the sale stuff? What is a better way to do this?

Chayalle

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 3:46 pm
Neither of those stores existed when my kids were young....but I remember going to certain stores at sales time where I had a history of doing well (I used to shop in Juvenile Planet alot, sometimes at Burstyn's store, there used to be a Benneton that had amazing sales), and buying the next size at a very discounted price. No, I didn't run all over town. And I shopped in stores that tended to be more organized and sorted by size.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 3:52 pm
Today it's so much easier because no need to run around. You can shop from home at the popular frum websites. I'm not sure how much you care about fashion, but many people I know would shop 50-70% off sales at high end stores but not at popular cheaper stores/brands such as Lil Legs, Tottini, or Lulu (other than basics such as solid pants or leggings), since it's dated- those styles are so popular that everyone will identify it as "last year's style." Of course, obviously there's nothing wrong with last year's styles, but just putting it out there in case you would care.

Last edited by Amelia Bedelia on Tue, Jan 30 2024, 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

scintilla

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 3:55 pm
I definitely do it but I never go into a store, only online. It's often my downtime. I can scroll quickly and many sites let you filter by size so then it's even faster. You just have to be careful because it's generally final sale and you have to really know your sizing, and sometimes it's hard to predict how kids will grow. For something I really like I take the risk and it's almost always been worth it. Got a few Pesach things already actually!

Success10

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 3:56 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
Today it's so much easier because no need to run around. You can shop from home at the popular frum websites. I'm not sure how much you care about fashion, but many people I know would shop 50-70% off sales at high end stores but not at popular cheaper stores/brands such as Lil Legs, Tottini, or Lulu (other than basics such as solid pants or leggings), since it's dated- those styles are so popular that everyone will identify it as "last year's style." Of course, obviously there's nothing with last year's styles, but just putting it out there in case you would care.

Right, I'm not in Lakewood, but I do Kidichic online end of season. I just ordered a matching set for next year for my boys, since it's not really end of season yet and they still have sizes in stock, and still are about 50% off... It's a risk b/c I didn't see the item in person and don't know how it runs, and I also don't know exactly how my boys will "run" next year but....

giftedmom

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 3:57 pm
It’s pretty late, the trick is to shop right when they go on sale. But you can still find online.

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 3:58 pm
scintilla wrote:
I definitely do it but I never go into a store, only online. It's often my downtime. I can scroll quickly and many sites let you filter by size so then it's even faster. You just have to be careful because it's generally final sale and you have to really know your sizing, and sometimes it's hard to predict how kids will grow. For something I really like I take the risk and it's almost always been worth it. Got a few Pesach things already actually!

Can you please list some websites you are successful with?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 4:04 pm
Can anyone help me find weekday dresses size 5 or 6?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 4:05 pm
giftedmom wrote:
It’s pretty late, the trick is to shop right when they go on sale. But you can still find online.

Around when is this usually? December time?

kiwi strawberry

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 4:38 pm
amother OP wrote:
Can anyone help me find weekday dresses size 5 or 6?

https://kidichicusa.com/collec.....asual

https://www.shirtstop.us/colle.....ity=1

SuperWify

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 4:41 pm
Online only.

But if your in Lakewood backstage by ladida is fabulous. Definitely worth the trip and they carry all seasons always.

The last time I was there I got a coat for my daughter for $60 was originally over $200, plus 2 pairs of Shabbos shoes for around $40/45 each. And lots of tees.

SuperWify

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 4:45 pm
Also if you don’t need to match anyone you can shop online at anytime.

https://eleella.com/products/b.....dress
https://eleella.com/products/navy-swing-dress
https://eleella.com/products/v.....dress This is really nice in real, I got this for daughter for the summer
https://eleella.com/products/v.....dress

scintilla

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 5:08 pm
amother Seafoam wrote:
Can you please list some websites you are successful with?

Really depends on the season, but I've had luck with tottini, bon knit (stunning stuff and quality is great), kids shoppe, Janie and Jack, Mon cheri and h&m. Others also when I see them advertised as end of season sale but I can't remember offhand because I never bought from them again.

giftedmom

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 5:18 pm
amother OP wrote:

End of December beginning of January

giftedmom

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 5:20 pm
I do great with petit rack and pastel sale section

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 5:23 pm
I personally don’t shop in Jewish stores but I absolutely bought my kids numerous things for next winter at H&M online (including a winter coat for bobkes!)

stardream

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 5:31 pm
amother OP wrote:

If you really need and are relying on being able to get the styles/sizes you want, then shop at the beginning of sales Black Friday/Memorial Day time when they have their first 25%-30% off sales. After that, the longer you wait the better the sales will get but more will be sold out.

MommyM

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 6:22 pm
I sign up for emails from the stores I like to shop... And I often try to place an order as soon as possible when they announce their end of season sales, so that things don't go out of stock by the time I order.
Often, there will be even cheaper sales later, and I check again if something out of my budget went lower in price.

amother
Maize

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 7:05 pm
Best way is to subscribe to promotional emails of the shops you're interested in, and shop right when they go on sale. You would also get an email when stuff is further reduced, and shop right away again.

I love shopping for kids clothes so my eyes are peeled all year for sales Wink .

I'm in the UK and love quality European clothing, but can't bear the prices so most of my kids clothing is sale stuff-- and they are dressed to kill- at very reduced prices.

In fact, for this coming summer my girls have a complete gorgeous wardrobe for both Shabbos and weekday, and all I need is perhaps one denim skirt each. All on sale.

amother
Denim

Post Wed, Jan 31 2024, 9:00 am
I found that buttons bebe and jellybeanz kids on line have great sales...

For things I want matching - I buy at the 50 or 60% off sales... and then I fill in when its 70 and 80% off, when there are less sizes.

I do find that sometimes I overbuy or the sizing is off and I end up needing to buy new so I stopped buying full wardrobes and buy one nice shabbos and 2 or 3 nice weekday. instead of everything...
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics