Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Residence inn Surfside

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 1:51 pm
Has anyone been there recently? Would love reviews
Do they have anything kosher by breakfast?

SDmother

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 2:00 pm
I heard it closed

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 2:28 pm
Believe it’s still open
Heard good things about it

doctorima

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 3:01 pm
It closed for repairs but has since reopened:

https://forums.dansdeals.com/I.....190.0

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 3:21 pm
I’ve been to many many residence inn. They’re our favorite chain. There’s always lots of kosher.

amother
Nemesia

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 3:48 pm
Was there for a night last year- clean and practical . Nothing fancy but it works . It’s not beachfront so just keep that in mind. If you want to go to the beach you have to bring your own chair etc ( I think they gave towels with a key and deposit)
Breakfast had oatmeal coffee fresh fruit dry cereal etc that was kosher. there were yogurts and other chalav Stam items if that applies to you.

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 3:52 pm
Yes it’s a good price point for surfside
Not on the beach and the price reflects that

amother
Nasturtium

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 4:02 pm
Yes bagels butter cream cheese cereal milk yogurt all kosher.
Right across from the beach great place.
Also has access to community center pool access the street.
They give towels and chairs for the beach.

amother
Hotpink

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 4:52 pm
Great clean rooms with a suite option nothing fancy but does the job without breaking bank.
Walkable to tons of kosher restaurants.
Overall a great convenient hotel!

amother
NeonGreen

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 5:32 pm
I went last week. It’s clean normal room, not fancy, location is amazing as it’s walking distance to the streets with the supermarket/the grove and a ton of different restaurants and cafes. It’s not right on the beach, which is good if u have men. It’s across street from beach, they have beach chairs you can take across with you, they have a key to leave and they give you two towels. They have breakfast, if you eat non cholav Yisroel then you’ll have what to eat. I buy cholov Yisroel milk at the supermarket and they have cereal like cheerios fruit loops and bran flakes maybe. The rooms have a kitchen so a full fridge. They have a beautiful pool and area to sit and relax in on their 3rd floor. You haveto pay parking fee if u want to park in their garage, but many people I know Uber and didn’t bother renting a car.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 5:45 pm
amother NeonGreen wrote:
I went last week. It’s clean normal room, not fancy, location is amazing as it’s walking distance to the streets with the supermarket/the grove and a ton of different restaurants and cafes. It’s not right on the beach, which is good if u have men. It’s across street from beach, they have beach chairs you can take across with you, they have a key to leave and they give you two towels. They have breakfast, if you eat non cholav Yisroel then you’ll have what to eat. I buy cholov Yisroel milk at the supermarket and they have cereal like cheerios fruit loops and bran flakes maybe. The rooms have a kitchen so a full fridge. They have a beautiful pool and area to sit and relax in on their 3rd floor. You haveto pay parking fee if u want to park in their garage, but many people I know Uber and didn’t bother renting a car.

Thanks, this is so helpful! We keep chalav Yisroel so will have to buy milk etc
Did the grove have breakfast food like sandwiches, coffee etc?
Any recommended restaurants in Surfside dairy or meat?
What activities did you do?
Thanks!

amother
NeonGreen

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 7:35 pm
The grove is amazing it has everything. A full bakery and sandwiches and breakfasts even dinners , they have cut up fruit and it’s a whole supermarket. Besides for that there’s backyard bbq , the carrot, cafe vert, fialkovs pizza, Rita’s, serendipity which is an ice cream store …. And tons more . These are just ones I saw or went to. We were there only 2-3 days so one day
We did the beach and the pool and the restaurant and cafe…. I walked in the morning it was gorgeous. We walked at night too , was just beautiful. we had a car so we went one day to a mall called sawgrass mills which is abt 45 min from there , but that’s more for shopping.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 31 2024, 5:13 am
amother NeonGreen wrote:
The grove is amazing it has everything. A full bakery and sandwiches and breakfasts even dinners , they have cut up fruit and it’s a whole supermarket. Besides for that there’s backyard bbq , the carrot, cafe vert, fialkovs pizza, Rita’s, serendipity which is an ice cream store …. And tons more . These are just ones I saw or went to. We were there only 2-3 days so one day
We did the beach and the pool and the restaurant and cafe…. I walked in the morning it was gorgeous. We walked at night too , was just beautiful. we had a car so we went one day to a mall called sawgrass mills which is abt 45 min from there , but that’s more for shopping.

Thanks so much!

amother
Hawthorn

Post Wed, Jan 31 2024, 5:39 am
For those of you who say it's well-priced, what do you mean? It's showing me $400 a night for my selected days... Is that considered good?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 31 2024, 7:08 am
amother Hawthorn wrote:
For those of you who say it's well-priced, what do you mean? It's showing me $400 a night for my selected days... Is that considered good?

You can get it on Marriott points if you open up a credit card
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics