Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Psa reminder amazon returns due back tomorrow!!
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 9:30 pm
All orders that need to be returned by January 31st, that's tmrw. Anyone still have returns? I do Hiding

groisamomma

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 9:33 pm
So sweet of you to post this!

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 9:35 pm
They won’t take returns anymore?

Amelia Bedelia

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 9:36 pm
amother Aubergine wrote:
They won’t take returns anymore?
I think she's referring to holiday purchases (November-December) that have an extended return period.

doctorima

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 9:53 pm
Thanks for the reminder. If you initiate the return today or tomorrow, it should then give you until Feb. 1 (Thursday) to actually mail back the item, which is at least a little more breathing room.

amother
Almond

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 9:57 pm
Thanks for the reminder!! I processed my returns but still have to drop off- just letting you know that you may have until Feb 1st to drop off.

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 10:00 pm
Thank you!

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 10:02 pm
Me!! I ordered pillows and realized Friday that they are not the type I like! Now I gotta find a box. I did start the return bh.

amother
Fern

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 11:47 pm
Thank you for reminding me, I keep pushing it off

amother
Holly

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 11:48 pm
They make it so hard these days. Short of wasting your day on the phone with customer service, they’re charging me $ for all my returns…

amother
DarkRed

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 11:53 pm
amother Holly wrote:
They make it so hard these days. Short of wasting your day on the phone with customer service, they’re charging me $ for all my returns…

That's odd. Do you have Prime? My returns are always free. And I rarely need to speak with customer service. When I do, they're always polite and issues are resolved to my satisfaction.

seeker

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 11:57 pm
I have prime but they started doing free returns only at specific places, like Staples. I don't have any of those stores near me. If I contact customer service and tell them that, they send me a free shipping label for regular UPS dropoff but it's annoying to have to do that every time.

amother
DarkRed

Post Wed, Jan 31 2024, 12:07 am
seeker wrote:
I have prime but they started doing free returns only at specific places, like Staples. I don't have any of those stores near me. If I contact customer service and tell them that, they send me a free shipping label for regular UPS dropoff but it's annoying to have to do that every time.

That does sound annoying. I'm guessing you don't have a UPS store near you. They take back all items, most without packaging, and no labels required.
What I've noticed recently is that this return option used to be at the very top, and I now have to scroll down to select it. Almost as if Amazon was discouraging this method of returns.

seeker

Post Wed, Jan 31 2024, 12:36 am
No UPS store, nor Whole Foods, nor Staples, nor Petco, for about 20-30 minutes' drive in directions I'm not usually going. And I don't even live in a remote area at all! But there are a couple of UPS dropoff points about 10 minutes in directions that I do frequent, plus the local delivery driver is very friendly and always willing to take stuff if you happen to see him.

amother
Holly

Post Wed, Jan 31 2024, 1:00 am
seeker wrote:

Yes, this. (A s as mentioned above, not always worth my time speaking to customer service for the free label).

don’t have staples, kohls or ups near us. But we travel often for medical needs and there’s a ups store right near the hospital, so I literally would shlep my returns… now they charge a $1 each. That can easily be $10… my other option is walking like 15 min each way from the hospital to staples. I’ll see if I have time. But it’s really not fair…

(And this is when I’m extra careful with shopping, to avoid returns as much as possible, but sometimes items are defective, or it’s clothing that doesn’t fit.)

Princess23

Post Wed, Jan 31 2024, 1:07 am
amother OP wrote:
All orders that need to be returned by January 31st, that's tmrw. Anyone still have returns? I do Hiding

I do, but why is everyone due back same day?

seeker

Post Wed, Jan 31 2024, 1:10 am
Princess23 wrote:
I do, but why is everyone due back same day?

Because throughout the "holiday" season instead of having 30 days to return, you could return until January 31. That way you could buy something in November, give it as a holiday gift in December, and still have a month to return it after that.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Jan 31 2024, 8:12 am
But if you bought something January 5th for example, it's not due today but in a few more days. Meaning it's still 30 days but there was an extension for holiday season...30 days or January 31, whichever was later.

Last edited by Hashem_Yaazor on Wed, Jan 31 2024, 9:28 am; edited 1 time in total

seeker

Post Wed, Jan 31 2024, 8:37 am
Correct

Tzutzie

Post Wed, Jan 31 2024, 8:38 am
Amazon made it very hard to do returns.
I stopped buying so much on Amazon.
I used to buy let's say 20 purchases over the month and return 2. Lately I will only purchase 5 items a month or less. (Plus subscribe and save) And have 1 or 2 returns in 3 months. I'm not up to doing those returns.
I'd rather buy h&m clothing and do a quick return label on my computer and stick it in my mailbox for uses to take it. Than Amazon. I used to buy a LOT of essentials
on amazon specially around season change. Not anymore.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics