Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Mir Mesivta Brooklyn

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 31 2024, 11:23 am
Does anyone have current information on this school? What types of boys and where they come from? Academics?

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Jan 31 2024, 11:31 am
Most boys come from Mir Elementary

613mitzvahgirl

Post Wed, Jan 31 2024, 11:31 am
It’s a wonderful mesifta. The boys are Yeshivish. Think of a boys division of YOB girls. They are ehrliche bachurim whom I find are very balabatish . My brothers went and still keep up with a couple of rebbeim and friends. I don’t send there as we aren’t in Flatbush. If we did then we definitely would.

amother
Foxglove

Post Wed, Jan 31 2024, 11:46 am
My son is in ninth now. Most boys are from elementary. Some new ones from various places. I’m very happy there. It’s a frummer very simple place.

I love his rebbe

amother
Aconite

Post Wed, Jan 31 2024, 1:40 pm
613mitzvahgirl wrote:
It’s a wonderful mesifta. The boys are Yeshivish. Think of a boys division of YOB girls. They are ehrliche bachurim whom I find are very balabatish . My brothers went and still keep up with a couple of rebbeim and friends. I don’t send there as we aren’t in Flatbush. If we did then we definitely would.

It has a very good reputation, but balabatish is not a word that I would associate with it. As Foxglove said, I think it's known for being simple and not into gashmiyus.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, Jan 31 2024, 2:36 pm
amother Foxglove wrote:
My son is in ninth now. Most boys are from elementary. Some new ones from various places. I’m very happy there. It’s a frummer very simple place.

I love his rebbe

Hi coparent Hi
I agree with everything you said! It’s a warm school with nice kids and a decent learning level.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics