Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
When to get new couch

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 01 2024, 9:46 am
For those who can afford it, ( I understand some have one couch for life and wait until it breaks). How often do you replace/ upgrade it? Do you wait for it to look a bit worn? Replace when you get bored? I have mine for a few years it’s in great condition but showing signs of not being new. I’m not ready to get rid of it just yet but wondering what the average change over is.

imthatawesome

Post Thu, Feb 01 2024, 9:50 am
amother OP wrote:
For those who can afford it, ( I understand some have one couch for life and wait until it breaks). How often do you replace/ upgrade it? Do you wait for it to look a bit worn? Replace when you get bored? I have mine for a few years it’s in great condition but showing signs of not being new. I’m not ready to get rid of it just yet but wondering what the average change over is.

Depends on the material and wear and tear.

If it’s made of some sort of fabric, I’d wait until it’s fraying or has a hole that can’t be hidden.

Leather or pleather - once it has the dirty look that won’t clean or has tears

amother
Chicory

Post Thu, Feb 01 2024, 9:52 am
My couch cost a fortune - I’ll buy another one when I redo my living room. Obviously if it starts showing wear and tear before it starts looking outdated then I will replace it right away.

amother
Chambray

Post Thu, Feb 01 2024, 10:15 am
My leather couch has holes so we plan to replace it. If I could have afforded to, I would have replaced it when it was worn out before the holes formed.

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, Feb 01 2024, 10:38 am
15 or so years, but depends on use and quality.

My sibling just told me hers is broken at 6 years. Mine is gorgeous at 8. I don't know how much hers was. Mine is fabric but it the same idea as the 3 seater leather running in the $1200 range.

Custom fabric couches are $$$. My parents is 20 years old and is quite bad. They ordered new ones, coming for pesach. Boy do I need to warn my kids to behave around them now.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics