Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
How do you fit beds for everyone?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 01 2024, 6:32 pm
I have two bedrooms for the four kids. The smallest room has bunk beds, a dresser and wardrobe, almost no room to open the doors. My middle two sleep there and baby is in my room. The larger one has a window bed permanently built in. The only way to fit another bed is to get rid of the dresser or desk (my oldest child is very artsy and was gifted this special desk before we had so many kids). How do you realistically fit beds and clothing storage???

scintilla

Post Thu, Feb 01 2024, 6:35 pm
I keep my younger kids clothes in my room or in a dresser in the hallway. I also built shelves in wherever I could fit them above dressers to maximize storage - think up, not out.

lamplighter

Post Thu, Feb 01 2024, 6:36 pm
What about a loft bed with a desk/dresser underneath?

Rubber Ducky

Post Thu, Feb 01 2024, 6:37 pm
Captains bed? Loft bed?

https://www.kidsfurniturewareh.....20-cl

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Eur.....27033

teachkids

Post Thu, Feb 01 2024, 6:39 pm
Is there anywhere else in the house his desk can go? Otherwise loft bed above it.

At one point my kids dresser was in the hallway

newinbp

Post Thu, Feb 01 2024, 6:41 pm
I’ve been bh struggling with this a lot lately. I’ve found the most realistic is custom beds, from either lounge around furniture or Brooklyn baby. They will make a dresser taller by adding shelves, they can make beds shorter or skinnier for your needs. It may be pricey but that for all of my phone calls and research seems to be the most practical short of moving/renovations. Hatzlacha and enjoy your brachos!

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Feb 01 2024, 6:52 pm
amother OP wrote:
I have two bedrooms for the four kids. The smallest room has bunk beds, a dresser and wardrobe, almost no room to open the doors. My middle two sleep there and baby is in my room. The larger one has a window bed permanently built in. The only way to fit another bed is to get rid of the dresser or desk (my oldest child is very artsy and was gifted this special desk before we had so many kids). How do you realistically fit beds and clothing storage???

Maybe you can have the bed removed & get a bunk bed.

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Feb 01 2024, 7:03 pm
We've had built ins removed. Put in 33" bunch beds with a full high-riser underneath for a 3rd option as needed as well.
Got rid of desk and put up a mini (I mean super mini 24 inches) also a mini fold flat one that can be removed from dining room for shabbos, another option is a wall mounted shelf desk that folds down flat on the wall.

saralem

Post Thu, Feb 01 2024, 7:09 pm
Multiple sets of bunk beds and 2 bureaus in the hall. So tight. We survived somehow!

amother
Yarrow

Post Thu, Feb 01 2024, 7:12 pm
I thought we were the only ones... everyone around us just puts up massive house with expansive bedrooms.

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, Feb 01 2024, 7:32 pm
My 3 girls now have their own beds but next baby is otw and we have no room for another. I want to put in a bunk bed with a trundle and put the dresser up against the end of the bed so it doesn't take up as much wall space. Trying to figure it out still. It's hard living in a small apartment but prices are abnormal for buying

amother
Thistle

Post Thu, Feb 01 2024, 9:20 pm
Bunk beds, loft beds, and under bed storage.
We used buckets under beds- depending on the height of the bed you can get wrapping paper storage containers, some are on wheels too. Great for out of season clothes too.
We put dressers in closets (some short ones so smaller hanging clothing can go on top like shirts). We didn't end up getting one but there are some bunkbeds with built in shelving or drawers.
We have had to rearrange furniture a few times as we had more kids, kids needed different sleeping arrangements (which kid in which room with which sibling) so I tried visualizing the room empty and how to lay it all out so we maximize space. Lots of measuring involved...

amother
Daphne

Post Thu, Feb 01 2024, 9:30 pm
Is everyone who is complaining about bedroom space living in NY?

amother
Freesia

Post Thu, Feb 01 2024, 10:33 pm
Personally, having spacious bedrooms was one of my top requirements for a house. That's how I fit beds for everyone.

amother
Heather

Post Thu, Feb 01 2024, 10:50 pm
Everyone has great ideas for these logistics, but I'm getting a headache just thinking about this. I find living in a small space so difficult. Forget about the actual bed, how do you manage LIVING like this day to day?

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Feb 01 2024, 10:53 pm
amother Heather wrote:
Everyone has great ideas for these logistics, but I'm getting a headache just thinking about this. I find living in a small space so difficult. Forget about the actual bed, how do you manage LIVING like this day to day?

We're living within our means & make do with what we can afford. We don't feel cramped at all.
(The new large houses being built in my neighborhood, have tiny bedrooms as well. The house is spacious but the bedrooms are tiny. If you want big bedrooms, you either need to get an old house or build yourself.)

amother
Heather

Post Thu, Feb 01 2024, 10:55 pm
amother Lawngreen wrote:
We're living within our means & make do with what we can afford. We don't feel cramped at all.
(The new large houses being built in my neighborhood, have tiny bedrooms as well. The house is spacious but the bedrooms are tiny. If you want big bedrooms, you either need to get an old house or build yourself.)

You dont feel cramped, that's really special. How many kids, how many sq ft?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics