Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Idk where to put this VENT/ school

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 01 2024, 10:07 pm
I’m so frustrated. I recently went back to school to go for a new better money making career. I’m not smart. At all. I studied so hard for my test and I didn’t know half the answers. I could swear btwn 5-10 questions weren’t even on the review. I’m really upset I really thought I knew it. It costs me $ every time I fail to take it again. I already failed one test and had to pay again. I want to quit and stay at my $34 an hour job forever.

amother
Hyssop

Post Thu, Feb 01 2024, 10:12 pm
amother OP wrote:
I’m so frustrated. I recently went back to school to go for a new better money making career. I’m not smart. At all. I studied so hard for my test and I didn’t know half the answers. I could swear btwn 5-10 questions weren’t even on the review. I’m really upset I really thought I knew it. It costs me $ every time I fail to take it again. I already failed one test and had to pay again. I want to quit and stay at my $34 an hour job forever.

$34 an hour is decent. how much more are you expecting to make?

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Thu, Feb 01 2024, 10:28 pm
that's so hard to try and fail!! I wish you much hatzlocha!! So impressed you went back to school!! I hope you see the fruits of your labor!

CandyCrusher

Post Thu, Feb 01 2024, 10:37 pm
I can really understand your frustrations and wanting to give up and just let yourself slide back. But I don’t think it’s fair to yourself. And although I don’t think your wage is very low, if you know you have the capacity to get more I would encourage you to go for it! It’s definitely tough but you will get through it. Don’t give up!!!

amother
Yellow

Post Thu, Feb 01 2024, 10:43 pm
Is it a test that has practice tests?
My experience with all kinds of standard tests (regents, driving, clep, coopersmith) is just do tons of practice tests. Sometimes I didn't even study the material or I just read it once or twice. The practice tests tend to use the same general questions or themes. Enough to pass

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 01 2024, 11:04 pm
amother Yellow wrote:
Is it a test that has practice tests?
My experience with all kinds of standard tests (regents, driving, clep, coopersmith) is just do tons of practice tests. Sometimes I didn't even study the material or I just read it once or twice. The practice tests tend to use the same general questions or themes. Enough to pass

I did 100 practice questions and got all them right and I still was not prepared they were so different

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 01 2024, 11:04 pm
amother Hyssop wrote:
$34 an hour is decent. how much more are you expecting to make?

I can make $75

amother
Hyssop

Post Thu, Feb 01 2024, 11:05 pm
amother OP wrote:
I can make $75

Wow can I ask what field this is?

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Thu, Feb 01 2024, 11:07 pm
That’s so frustrating that the test questions didn’t prepare you properly for the exam. I hope you find a way to study and learn the material that will adequately prepare you for the test and the job.

amother
Caramel

Post Thu, Feb 01 2024, 11:36 pm
my husband and I both have masters degrees. We both make about 18 an hour. He makes nothing all summer because he's in education. We don't even qualify for food stamps, though we're not exactly rich. Smile

Staying at a 34 dollar an hour job forever is not a terrible thing. You're doing better than we are and better than lots of people out there.

BUT--- if you want to try again, take a deep breath, study hard, have friends help you, and try again!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 01 2024, 11:40 pm
amother Caramel wrote:
my husband and I both have masters degrees. We both make about 18 an hour. He makes nothing all summer because he's in education. We don't even qualify for food stamps, though we're not exactly rich. Smile

Staying at a 34 dollar an hour job forever is not a terrible thing. You're doing better than we are and better than lots of people out there.

BUT--- if you want to try again, take a deep breath, study hard, have friends help you, and try again!

How??? My whole paycheck goes to childcare & school! I don’t even think it’s worth it to work

amother
Blushpink

Post Fri, Feb 02 2024, 12:01 am
amother Caramel wrote:

why are you only making $18 per hour?

amother
Blushpink

Post Fri, Feb 02 2024, 12:04 am
amother OP wrote:
You are very smart and failing the test is not because you are not smart! They put questions that were not on the review!! SO so so frustrating!!! So unfair!!
It's so much hard work but in the end hopefully it'll pay off! And be worth it!
Even people who are really downright dumb could pass and get a degree. so someone like you, who is clearly bright and knew the work will get there! Good luck!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics