Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
I hate Doona!
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Papaya

Post Sat, Feb 03 2024, 10:47 pm
Orangehead wrote:
What do they say about the evenflo shyft?

Evenflo is supposed to be better

amother
Rainbow

Post Sat, Feb 03 2024, 10:49 pm
amother Papaya wrote:
I don’t hate them but they’re not good for babies. My hospital doesn’t allow you to do the car seat test on a doona. And I’ve heard from friends whose kids needed PT that the physical therapists HATE doonas. They say that it’s really bad for the baby’s posture

I was in the country a few years ago with someone whose baby lived in her doona. She has a lopsided head and bad neck control because of it. Now that there's an awareness about using it strictly as a carseat, not as a place to put them in the house or regular stroller, I think it's much less of a problem

amother
OP

Post Sat, Feb 03 2024, 10:49 pm
amother Hydrangea wrote:
If finances are not an issue and you want to fit into your community somewhat, you may want to buy a nice carriage that you can attach a stroller to, not a snap n go. This way you have a stroller for when you don't want to use a carseat. A doona or snap n go you're either forced to keep them in the carseat or always need to bring a separate carriage with you.

Maybe something like this? https://www.dillards.com/p/nun.....D_BwE

Hmmm this looks amazing!!! Not my budget though

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Sat, Feb 03 2024, 10:50 pm
OP I dislike the doona for the same reasons you do and I have used a Graco snap n go for all my kids it works great. The wheels fit easily in the front seat or in front of the back seats but I never found the trunk too annoying. Loved the basket and also loved being able to just take a light weight car seat inside or up steps if I wanted to, without the heavy doona wheels. Yes I’m sure there are people who thought I was nuts for not getting a doona (I know what you mean it’s viewed as a LITERAL must) but I honestly couldnt care less. I’m confident enough. But honestly if the reason I didn’t have have a doona was because I couldn’t afford it I would probably be more self conscious but that’s not the case.

If you are someone who cares about what others think of them just get the doona or you will constantly be second guessing whether people are thinking of you.

And this last point is very important- neither a doona nor any car seat replaces a stroller! Newborns cannot be in a recline position all the time or even the first few months if they’re life. they need to be in a regular stroller/bassinet as well!! I hate how poor babies are stuck in the doona till they’re 15 months it’s so bad for them and they can’t see the world around them.

simchavsasson

Post Sat, Feb 03 2024, 10:50 pm
I have a babyjogger and I'd love to get a Nuna.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Feb 03 2024, 10:54 pm
amother Rainbow wrote:
I was in the country a few years ago with someone whose baby lived in her doona. She has a lopsided head and bad neck control because of it. Now that there's an awareness about using it strictly as a carseat, not as a place to put them in the house or regular stroller, I think it's much less of a problem

Here's the reason why I'm doubting it. If we go away for shabbas/yt I will only take along this, right? Which means baby will be in it throughout the day.

Same with work every day. If I drop off baby to babysitter, Baby will be in doona all day???

My nine year old daughter made it very clear, she wants a baby because she wants to push her around in a doona🤣🤣🤣

amother
OP

Post Sat, Feb 03 2024, 10:56 pm
amother Lemonchiffon wrote:
OP I dislike the doona for the same reasons you do and I have used a Graco snap n go for all my kids it works great. The wheels fit easily in the front seat or in front of the back seats but I never found the trunk too annoying. Loved the basket and also loved being able to just take a light weight car seat inside or up steps if I wanted to, without the heavy doona wheels. Yes I’m sure there are people who thought I was nuts for not getting a doona (I know what you mean it’s viewed as a LITERAL must) but I honestly couldnt care less. I’m confident enough. But honestly if the reason I didn’t have have a doona was because I couldn’t afford it I would probably be more self conscious but that’s not the case.

If you are someone who cares about what others think of them just get the doona or you will constantly be second guessing whether people are thinking of you.

And this last point is very important- neither a doona nor any car seat replaces a stroller! Newborns cannot be in a recline position all the time or even the first few months if they’re life. they need to be in a regular stroller/bassinet as well!! I hate how poor babies are stuck in the doona till they’re 15 months it’s so bad for them and they can’t see the world around them.

Thanks. Couldn't of said it better.

Ema of 5

Post Sat, Feb 03 2024, 10:57 pm
amother OP wrote:
I'm almost due iyh after a long break... I just can't see myself buying a doona.

The past seven years I looked at it like a 'must have 'trend you buy it because everyone else has it. I think the babies are so uncomfortable in it.

As I'm considering my options I realize that we are on the road a lot and having a stroller take up half of the trunk just isn't practical. And we can only afford one stroller at this point.

I wonder if anyone that lives in a community that has 99.9% Donna's strolling the street, did you get anything else?

I had a long break between my last two also. I have a bugaboo something or other that I bought second hand for my last one which I used for walking, and my husband bought a graco modes travel system when I had my baby which I took in and out of the car. When we went to Israel in the summer I bought a doona because it made the most sense. Now I keep that in the car, and I hardly use my graco car seat at all. The truth is, once he gets a little bigger, I might just keep my graco stroller (not the car seat) in my trunk and transfer him to the stroller, because I don’t like walking around with him in the doona. I anyway don’t do my errands with him in it, unless he’s sleeping (which rarely happens) so I’m anyway taking him out of it when I get to where I’m going.

amother
SandyBrown

Post Sat, Feb 03 2024, 10:59 pm
I have a doona and as soon as my baby turned 6 months old and was up, I always put her in my uppababy.
Now my baby just turned a yr and still use the doona ,it never comes out of the car and always keep my stroller in the trunk.

MommyM

Post Sat, Feb 03 2024, 11:04 pm
amother OP wrote:
Hmmm this looks amazing!!! Not my budget though

What about the Baby Jogger City Tour? The downside to that is you will need to use adapters. I don't have it (have something slightly similar though).
I also live in an area where most use doonas and did not want to get it for a good few reasons, although it probably would have been more convenient as I don't have a car and usually use a car service.

amother
Sapphire

Post Sat, Feb 03 2024, 11:07 pm
amother OP wrote:
I'm almost due iyh after a long break... I just can't see myself buying a doona.

The past seven years I looked at it like a 'must have 'trend you buy it because everyone else has it. I think the babies are so uncomfortable in it.

As I'm considering my options I realize that we are on the road a lot and having a stroller take up half of the trunk just isn't practical. And we can only afford one stroller at this point.

I wonder if anyone that lives in a community that has 99.9% Donna's strolling the street, did you get anything else?

I feel the same way!
I hate the doona! And then a friend offered me one that she’s getting rid of
I still don’t want it, but it’s free and I don’t have any trunk space.

amother
Narcissus

Post Sat, Feb 03 2024, 11:12 pm
amother OP wrote:
Here's the reason why I'm doubting it. If we go away for shabbas/yt I will only take along this, right? Which means baby will be in it throughout the day.

Same with work every day. If I drop off baby to babysitter, Baby will be in doona all day???

My nine year old daughter made it very clear, she wants a baby because she wants to push her around in a doona🤣🤣🤣

Why do Babysitters leave babies in strollers all day?? (This doesn’t exist in my daycare. It’s all floor time and cribs for nap) and why does going away for shabbos mean leaving baby in a stroller ?

amother
Eggshell

Post Sat, Feb 03 2024, 11:15 pm
amother Quince wrote:
I got a snap n go & just ignored the stares and remarks. You'd need a regular stroller regardless. A doona is a carseat & not meant to be used as a regular stroller.

Neither is a snap n go.
No offense but both are car seats and not strollers. And not meant for use outside of the car.

amother
Cognac

Post Sat, Feb 03 2024, 11:18 pm
Same here. I got the dragonfly and a car seat of my choice that works with the adapters. It is more steps but weighs less! IMO I would rather do an extra step than do heavy lifting. Besides for the fact that I can choose a car seat that’s good for baby

amother
Quince

Post Sat, Feb 03 2024, 11:19 pm
amother Eggshell wrote:
Neither is a snap n go.
No offense but both are car seats and not strollers. And not meant for use outside of the car.

Right. That's why I said that she'd need another stroller regardless.
But OP mentioned that if she gets a doona, she'd be using it as their regular & only stroller.

amother
SandyBrown

Post Sat, Feb 03 2024, 11:20 pm
But your still keeping the baby In the car seat. Lol.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sat, Feb 03 2024, 11:27 pm
I love mine! It’s by far more convenient and doesn’t kill my back live my snap and go did. Yes u should not leave a baby in there all day at the babysitter-but you shouldn’t leave a baby in a grace or nuns car seat either! In general I use it strictly as a car seat. I wheel it into my house and baby comes out. When I had a graco I did the same. My pt says not to leave a baby in Any car seat other than traveling. But side note my babies seems quite comfortable in it when we are out and about for me the only downside is the lack of basket, but I still find it worthwhile. I did not buy it for a trend (I secretly think pple on here like to convince themselves that it’s a dumb trendy thing when they can’t/wont buy it)

amother
Feverfew

Post Sat, Feb 03 2024, 11:32 pm
You can get a regular infant car seat with car seat adapters for your stroller. I have a nuna pipa rx that clicks into my bugaboo bee frame and it’s perfect.

scintilla

Post Sat, Feb 03 2024, 11:40 pm
I happen to love the doona (and I don't use it as a stroller 90% of the time, my babies are super comfortable in it and we do plenty of time on the floor and out of containers) but I don't understand the question, if you don't like it why would you get it? For your 9 year old? What's the real issue here?

Rappel

Post Sat, Feb 03 2024, 11:44 pm
Install a car seat into the car. Leave it there. Fold a carriage into the floor space underneath it, and prop the diaper bag on top. Bingo
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics