Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
I hate Doona!
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Amber

Post Sat, Feb 03 2024, 11:48 pm
My question to everyone who loves the doona is what do you do when your grocery shopping with the baby??
When I used snap n go at least there’s a basket and some food fits under, but the doona has no basket. How is that practical when you need to run into a store to buy food for dinner etc?

amother
Emerald

Post Sat, Feb 03 2024, 11:50 pm
amother OP wrote:
That looks more comfortable. Do you have any personal experience with it?

It’s a better angle from what I’ve heard

amother
Narcissus

Post Sat, Feb 03 2024, 11:52 pm
amother Amber wrote:
My question to everyone who loves the doona is what do you do when your grocery shopping with the baby??
When I used snap n go at least there’s a basket and some food fits under, but the doona has no basket. How is that practical when you need to run into a store to buy food for dinner etc?

I use regular stroller in stores. Push the stroller and pull the cart. Annoying but doable.

amother
Eggshell

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 12:00 am
amother Papaya wrote:
I don’t hate them but they’re not good for babies. My hospital doesn’t allow you to do the car seat test on a doona. And I’ve heard from friends whose kids needed PT that the physical therapists HATE doonas. They say that it’s really bad for the baby’s posture

which hospital is this?
Because mine has their own Doonas special for the car seat test.

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 12:14 am
amother Eggshell wrote:
which hospital is this?
Because mine has their own Doonas special for the car seat test.

Columbia hospital

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 12:14 am
More than 99% of my neighborhood has doona. You no longer hear people mentioning the purchase of an infant car seat just "the doona"
We bh think for ourselves and purchased a clek Ling and adapters to go with the yoyo already head. Much higher safety ratings better positioning and headrest...
If your only purchasing one carriage/stroller don't consider a doona that purchase consider it a car seat

amother
Narcissus

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 12:20 am
amother Papaya wrote:
Columbia hospital

That’s funny. I work there and deliver there. Not surprising!

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 12:23 am
amother Narcissus wrote:
That’s funny. I work there and deliver there. Not surprising!

That’s so cool! I’m assuming you’re a nurse? Which floor do you work on?

amother
Narcissus

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 12:26 am
amother Papaya wrote:
That’s so cool! I’m assuming you’re a nurse? Which floor do you work on?

No, I’m a SW on a few of the inpatient units. Super convenient delivering a few floors up from work though!

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 12:30 am
The car seat lady seems to be ok with the Doona and that’s good enough for me.

amother
PlumPink

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 12:31 am
No Doona for us either. I did a snap and go type stroller for those quick grocery store runs but if I was planning on keeping my baby in a stroller longer (Shabbos, walks) I bought a fancier stroller second hand. I was going to get a graco modes or the pivot system but someone was selling this used stroller for less than the cost of the graco so I lucked out.

I have zero trunk space- no minivan- but the snap and go was tiny and fit easily.

With earlier children I had a chicco travel system. Worked ok but didn't like the stroller without the car seat (hood wasn't great) but I didn't know much about strollers. Now I know better... and the newer strollers are much better.

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 12:48 am
I didn’t get it cuz
A- snap and go was much cheaper
B- I live up two flights and it just literally doesn’t make sense for us

But yes I live in Lakewood and yes I felt stupid sitting in waiting rooms and stuff with the only snap and go among a sea of doonas. I don’t know what I’ll do next time, but I did feel dumb. And I’m not one that goes out and buys every trend, at all. But I really felt like I stuck out.

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 12:50 am
amother Amber wrote:

I have only had to take my baby into the store once while he was sleeping in his doona. I pushed him and pulled my cart behind me. It wasn’t a big deal at all.

amother
Raspberry

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 1:17 am
I’m the type of person who aways goes against the flow. I live in Lakewood and bh bh am blessed with my own self worth so I dont have a need to go with what everyone does.

I am bh having a baby soon and am debating getting a doona vs snap and go.

I dont care about stares bh.

But my question is this- if everyone everyone has the doona does that mean there is some convenience there that im missimg?

Is the snap and go recline position as bad as the doona position?

Why do I even need that stuff? Why cant I put baby from regular car sear into a regular stroller?

I cam bh afford it and also have trunk space.

So I would really love answers.

amother
Bellflower

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 1:18 am
Where I live not a lot of people have doonas so I can't answer to that point but I really don't think it's worth it. I also don't think you need a snap and go. It's better for the baby to only keep them in the car seat (which the doona is) in the car and you shouldn't be pushing a baby around all day in it.
Almost every infant car seat has a list of strollers it can snap into with adapters. Yes, it's an extra step but then if the baby is awake and it's a longer trip you can put them in the actual stroller. And if it's a short in and out of the car type outing you just click it in. You can get a stroller that is good from birth until older so no need to buy a doona+stroller or snap go frame+stroller.
If it's in your budget the nuna urbn looks amazing bc it clicks into to the latches without a base but if it's not there are plenty of more budget friendly options (I have joie car seat + stroller but I don't think they sell them in the US)

amother
Blue

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 1:29 am
amother Cerulean wrote:
I didn’t get it cuz
A- snap and go was much cheaper
B- I live up two flights and it just literally doesn’t make sense for us

But yes I live in Lakewood and yes I felt stupid sitting in waiting rooms and stuff with the only snap and go among a sea of doonas. I don’t know what I’ll do next time, but I did feel dumb. And I’m not one that goes out and buys every trend, at all. But I really felt like I stuck out.

I live in Lakewood and a few months ago I was in a waiting room and everyone(all 3 of us)had snap n go's there where no Doona's. So yes there are still some people in Lakewood without Doona's

amother
Raspberry

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 1:32 am
amother Blue wrote:
I live in Lakewood and a few months ago I was in a waiting room and everyone(all 3 of us)had snap n go's there where no Doona's. So yes there are still some people in Lakewood without Doona's

Thats impressive but shocking.
I havent seen a snap and go in Lakewood in quite some time. I work in a daycare. There is not baby that comes in without a doona. Not one.

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 1:37 am
amother Blue wrote:

Sure some exist. Few and far between. It wouldn’t be notable if all three ppl in the waiting room has doonas… quite unusual to see three snap and gos at once anywhere…

It bothers me that I’m bothered by being one of the only ones without a doona, but yet it still does.

amother
Lightpink

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 1:44 am
Same situation as you. I hate Doonas. I already purchased a car seat and will purchase a carriage it clicks in. I will davka not drop the baby off at the babysitter in a car seat because I hate the position and don't want them in it all day. I work in a daycare and we are not allowed to keep babies in car seats during nap time and yes I have seen some snap n goes. Some taller or older parents still use them.

LovesHashem

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 1:49 am
A baby should not sit in a car seat or stroller at all at playgroup! What on earth is this phenomenon where it's normal for playgroup to neglect kids.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics