Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Thoughts on the price here?
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 1:15 pm
https://petitclair.com/product.....4-set

It looks like maybe they roll a dice and whatever it lands on that’s the price. They have an almost identical set for 20$ cheaper. Please don’t tell me these are production costs. Someone out there is laughing at women willing to spend these amounts on clothing that’s made in China designed by someone who may have gone to school with them.

amother
Yarrow

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 1:19 pm
I noticed that too
Thought maybe it was a mistake
Also the first set- the girl version is $14 cheaper
Why?

(I just look for fun. I'd never pay those prices on baby/toddler clothes)

amother
White

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 1:23 pm
That’s really expensive for weekday clothing. Weren’t they in the 50-60 range?

amother
Steel

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 1:25 pm
Don't know about the pricing but their clothes really are a cut above others in quality & fit.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 1:26 pm
amother Steel wrote:
Don't know about the pricing but their clothes really are a cut above others in quality & fit.

Not that much of a cut

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 1:27 pm
amother Steel wrote:

This. Definitely not made in China. They last years. My kids can wear them 2 seasons & they're still in perfect condition to pass on.

amother
Steel

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 1:27 pm
amother OP wrote:
Not that much of a cut

Care to explain?

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 1:29 pm
Can you post a link to the second?

amother
Garnet

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 1:32 pm
amother Cerulean wrote:
This. Definitely not made in China. They last years. My kids can wear them 2 seasons & they're still in perfect condition to pass on.

That only helps if you have children to pass it down to.
Otherwise it's only lasting one season anyway

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 1:32 pm
amother Garnet wrote:
That only helps if you have children to pass it down to.
Otherwise it's only lasting one season anyway

My kids wear it 2 seasons & then I give it away to neighbors, relatives...

amother
White

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 1:33 pm
How is this so much less? https://petitclair.com/product.....4-set

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 1:35 pm
amother Steel wrote:
Care to explain?

Exactly that. Yes it’s a cut above cheaper brands but not enough to justify these random prices. There are comparable or even better brands in terms of quality and fit that have a lot more consistent pricing.

amother
Lightcyan

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 1:44 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
Can you post a link to the second?

https://petitclair.com/product.....4-set

amother
Steel

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 1:44 pm
amother OP wrote:
Exactly that. Yes it’s a cut above cheaper brands but not enough to justify these random prices. There are comparable or even better brands in terms of quality and fit that have a lot more consistent pricing.

I can't speak for inconsistencies in pricing (honestly I don't keep track & I usually shop on sale) but my personal experience has been that their quality & fit is superior to other comparable frum brands. Their blacks stay black through an entire season of washing & drying! Their fit makes basic clothes look exceptionally nice on by kids.

amother
Banana

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 2:02 pm
amother Steel wrote:
I can't speak for inconsistencies in pricing (honestly I don't keep track & I usually shop on sale) but my personal experience has been that their quality & fit is superior to other comparable frum brands. Their blacks stay black through an entire season of washing & drying! Their fit makes basic clothes look exceptionally nice on by kids.

Agree
Their prices are high, but not by that much compared to other frum stores and the fabric sand quality is noticeably better
My boys love their polo shirts and they always look good and last for years! I only get their undershirts for my babies as well

If it bothers you so much OP, don’t shop there
No one is forcing you

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 2:09 pm
So do you think the quality and fit of this item is so much better than their other items that it justifies a 20$ increase? Or you think because they make nice quality clothes they get to just roll the dice on pricing and people will continue to buy? Up to what point?

amother
Lightcyan

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 2:11 pm
amother OP wrote:
So do you think the quality and fit of this item is so much better than their other items that it justifies a 20$ increase? Or you think because they make nice quality clothes they get to just roll the dice on pricing and people will continue to buy? Up to what point?

I think it's probably a trial to see how well it sells at that price.

I don't see anything wrong with that if people will buy (and they probably will - not me since I can't afford Petit Clair in general, but I'm happy for those who can)

It's a free market and there are plenty of other clothes available for purchase.

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 2:16 pm
amother OP wrote:

You seem to be taking it very personally. No one is forcing you to shop there.
Maybe ask them about it if it bothers you so much.

amother
Steel

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 2:24 pm
amother OP wrote:

Justify to whom? Buy if you want, or don't. If they can't sell at a higher price point maybe they'll be cheaper next year. There's a market at many price points. It's called business.

If you'd write asking if it's justified to pay these prices for baby clothes I would have a very different answer but this is a business question, and in a free market they can price however they wish.

amother
Burntblack

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 2:35 pm
I used to be a loyal customer. Buying their brand since before they even opened a store. I can no longer afford to buy their shabbos clothing. I buy their weekday clothing when it goes under 70. That's my limit for dresses. My kids have very narrow builds so PC works well. But I find their quality even more random than their prices some last and sometime not. Their boys polo shirts are the same quality as some of my non Jewish company shirts with a narrower fit. Their audience are not always wealthy spenders. But I'm finding that people are willing to spend on the shirts because they sell out before their sale. They could make up any price they want its a free economy. I wish they had a basic line of solid shirts for half the price.

Their prices make sense they charge alot more for clothing that come in matching. They also try having one part of a set on sale knowing you will buy the whole set. All marketing strategies.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics