Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
If your son got into MAY HS recently

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 1:42 pm
How hard is it to get in with no connections. My son wants to go so badly but we have no pull. He is a solid alef minus beis plus student. 90s in english. Are these grades not good enough?

Do they focus more on marks or middos? He has excellent grades in middos.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 12 2024, 5:49 am
Bump

amother
Hydrangea

Post Mon, Feb 12 2024, 12:03 pm
You don't need pull. Imo they look for boys and families that will fit in to their crowd. Those grade are definitely good enough.

amother
Maple

Post Mon, Feb 12 2024, 12:04 pm
amother Hydrangea wrote:
You don't need pull. Imo they look for boys and families that will fit in to their crowd. Those grade are definitely good enough.

What crowd is it?

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Feb 12 2024, 12:24 pm
Op, they have well over 100 (probably 150) candidates for around 35 spots. This is considering siblings basically automatically get a spot.

The grades you described should be good enough. Did you get any specific feedback why your son didn't get in?

The person in charge won't talk to you about it. If you leave him mssg, his secretary will call back.

He will speak to the menahel of another yeshiva. Can you ask him to call on your behalf to find out if there's a chance?

Just realize that at this point there are probably 30 families who didn't get in that are trying to get to him. Hatslacha.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 12 2024, 12:29 pm
amother Jetblack wrote:
Op, they have well over 100 (probably 150) candidates for around 35 spots. This is considering siblings basically automatically get a spot.

The grades you described should be good enough. Did you get any specific feedback why your son didn't get in?

The person in charge won't to you about it. If you leave him mssg, his secretary will call back.

He will speak to the menahel of another yeshiva. Can you ask him to call on your behalf to find out if there's a chance?

Just realize that at this point there are probably 30 families who didn't get in that are trying to get to him. Hatslacha.

Thanks. My son is in 7th. Won't be applying until next year. Thank you

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Feb 12 2024, 12:34 pm
What high school is this (full name, city)? Thanks

amother
Maple

Post Mon, Feb 12 2024, 12:37 pm
amother Babypink wrote:
What high school is this (full name, city)? Thanks

Mesivta Ateres Yaakov, 5T
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics