Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Workload is too big
Previous  1  2

New2Lakewood

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 10:01 pm
OP if you have to make up your sick time and don't get paid for the extra time then you aren't being allowed to use your sick time. And you aren't being allowed to use your total compensation package.

If I was "yelled out for complaining" after taking a day when sick then I would DEFINITELY look for another job. I wouldn't even say anything to the manager/leader to let them know that if they don't hire someone to support I'm out. I'm sorry OP, it sounds toxic and manipulative. You deserve better, as does anyone else.

If you are comfortable post your area and what you are looking for; maybe someone here knows of a similar opportunity that might be a good fit?

There must be something better out there!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 10:03 pm
amother Hyssop wrote:
Op, I used to have a job that sounds a lot like yours. I was constantly stressed and overwhelmed and could never get caught up. Any days I had to take off were super stressful and I was not managing. It affected my marriage and parenting but I felt so stuck because I wasn't confident I would get another job easily and my husband was in school at the time so we were completely relying on my salary. I remember coming to the office a couple hours before pesach with a baby to finish something for a deadline. I also rememeber coming back from maternity leave and not one drop of my workload was taken care of when I was out (cuz everyone else was so full too) and I was expected to catch up with everything, plus take on even more work that they had decided to give to me when I came back. I was falling apart from the stress. Eventually my DH saw how much I was suffering and decided to look for a new job for me because I was too overwhelmed to do it myself. BH he found a job for me working fewer hours, getting paid more, and way way more pto and flexibility. Ok my current job is by no means perfect (and I don't think any job is) and definitely has it's downsides, but switching jobs was life changing and I am in such a better place right now. I can take off when I need to (for the most part) I do not have to make up hours, and while I do have very busy seasons, I am not micromanaged and can get all my work done. OP, please please know that Hashem doesn't want you to suffer like this and there are other options.

thank you for sharing!!
at the same time I really like my job. there are so many good things to it. its almost a shame to leave. But DH keeps telling me that there's no mitzvah to work so hard and I can maybe find a different job that has most of the perks I already have but not work as hard.
how I wish! I have no energy to look for a new job. the few times that I had to do it, it literally took everything out of me and I have a busy home life, kids etc. I don't have the time to prove myself all over again to a new boss...

amother
Darkblue

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 10:05 pm
amother OP wrote:
lol about option B. I actually have the biggest workload from everyone because (I have a lot experience so things take me much quicker). but I do get a high salary as well. so that part I can't so much complain about.

everyone is very overwhelmed. But, I'm probably the most outspoken. I am in a more senior position so I can speak to the higher ups a bit more bluntly then others on the team. some of my coworkers are too shy to say anything, some emotionally detach and just don't care, and a few get worked up like me!

In this case, it's time to look for a new job.

I left a job where I was severely overwhelmed and never looked back. (I heard back from a former coworker that they had to hire 3 people after I left to take over my workload.... boy did I feel vindicated!)

amother
Hyssop

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 10:10 pm
amother OP wrote:
thank you for sharing!!
at the same time I really like my job. there are so many good things to it. its almost a shame to leave. But DH keeps telling me that there's no mitzvah to work so hard and I can maybe find a different job that has most of the perks I already have but not work as hard.
how I wish! I have no energy to look for a new job. the few times that I had to do it, it literally took everything out of me and I have a busy home life, kids etc. I don't have the time to prove myself all over again to a new boss...

My old job also had it's perks but once a job take over your home life too, I think it is a sign that you need to look elsewhere. What you are describing sounds extreme.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 10:14 pm
Thank you all. That was really helpful to hear.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics