Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Formula Feeding
Baby Brezza- formula dispenser

mom789

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 2:03 pm
I just had a baby and this will be the first that I am not nursing. Anyone have experience with the Baby Breeza or similar dispensers? Are they worth the cost? Do they really work?

amother
Puce

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 2:51 pm
Following...
And is it hard to clean inside?

amother
Pansy

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 2:56 pm
Yes the Brezza is 100% worth it especially if you’re exclusively or mostly formula feeding. This is my fourth baby and the first time I’m using it and it’s a total game changer. It does require some upkeep but still saves soooo much time especially for those middle of the night newborn feeds or those times when the baby is screaming! It always makes the bottle the perfect temperature with no messy formula spills. The upkeep is basically rinsing out the funnel every 4 bottles, and refilling the water tank every 1-3 days depending on how much your baby eats. And also refilling the formula canister every few days. It’s quick and easy.

I did notice that certain formulas make the funnel “stickier” than others and take an extra minute to clean. Similac was easier to clean than enfamil gentlease.

There were some promos I used in order to
Get it cheaper. If you know a nurse or teacher they can get a 30% discount for you. They also run sales a few times a year I think.

Orangehead

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 2:57 pm
amother Puce wrote:
Following...
And is it hard to clean inside?

Not hard to clean but needs to be cleaned after every 4 bottles. You can trick it if need be by removing the part and putting it back.

Great at night. I leave it in my room on the night table so I don’t have to get out of bed.

amother
Bluebell

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 3:03 pm
My baby is 1 and I didn’t buy it because the reviews said it dispensed the wrong amount of formula. Hopefully by now it’s been fixed.

I ended up pre measuring formula scoops into bottles before bed and adding water when baby got up. It wasn’t ideal. If the issue was fixed I’d vote that you buy it.

amother
Blushpink

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 3:35 pm
I exclusively formula feed and never felt the need to have this in my life. Making bottles is the easiest thing ever

amother
Slateblue

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 3:41 pm
I only use hot water in the first month or two when the baby is most delicate and I want to kill any potential germs. After that, I use room temperature bottled water for formula, no hot water needed. So so easy.

I use these formula dispensers - https://a.co/d/dSZ8LSV. Put in the right amount of formula before going to sleep and fill the bottle with the right amount of room temperature water, then all you have to do is pour the pre measured formula into the bottle and shake it.

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 3:43 pm
I strongly considered it but I didn't think it was worth it. It's one more thing to maintain.

You get in a rhythm of making bottles quickly. First of all you need some sort of urn that has hot water on demand. Then you learn the ratio of like one second press of hot water and 1 oz of cold water or whatever it is. Add a scoop of formula, shake, and you're done.

For middle of the night, most babies will take room temperature. They make a special bottle that stores the formula on top and water on bottom and you can shake it, never thought that was worth it either. You can fill the bottle with room temperature water before you go to sleep, and have the formula can right there by your bed.

The machine offers convenience, but it's extra maintenance. You have to decide if it's worth it for you.

amother
Obsidian

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 3:48 pm
I formula fed my youngest. Started with room temp water right away, and I used bottled water the first three months. For night time bottles I prefilled the bottles with water, and used the formula dispensers with pre measured formula. I did the same when I was preparing bottles for out of the house, including long travels. It worked out great. I personally detest washing dishes and can't deal with another thing to clean.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Formula Feeding