Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Need a new school for my daughters
1  2  Next

happymommy5

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 6:02 pm
I need a school that teaches students who dont "fit in the box". Preferably in the Passaic, Monsey area. What happened to Chanoch Lenaar Al Pi Darko? is that just an old phrase these days? Please send me your recommendations based on experience.

Thank you,

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 6:06 pm
What ages/grades?

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 6:07 pm
happymommy5 wrote:
I need a school that teaches students who dont "fit in the box". Preferably in the Passaic, Monsey area. What happened to Chanoch Lenaar Al Pi Darko? is that just an old phrase these days? Please send me your recommendations based on experience.

Thank you,

I think that chanoch l'naar al pi darko, applies to the parents. Not to the schools. Chinuch is the parents responsibility.

teachkids

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 6:09 pm
Tell us more about your hashkafa and what your kids are struggling with

amother
Daphne

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 6:23 pm
amother Lemonchiffon wrote:
I think that chanoch l'naar al pi darko, applies to the parents. Not to the schools. Chinuch is the parents responsibility.

But why not?
Why do we teach children in a cookie cutter manner?
What if they don't fit into the perfect little box the schools standards set?
In a class of 20-30 kids not all of those kids will learn the same way.

Why aren't we teaching the child the way they will learn?!

Sorry op off my soapbox now

amother
Chicory

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 6:27 pm
amother Daphne wrote:
But why not?

Schools don’t have the ability to cater to each individual child. Sorry, they just don’t. It would be nice if they could. But schools always put the school’s best interest first. You have to be aware of this as a parent.

amother
Latte

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 6:36 pm
Op, please share in what areas the proverbial box is not working - been there done that.

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 6:38 pm
amother Daphne wrote:
But why not?

Chanoch l'naar is still not the schools responsibility. It's on the parents, regardless of how the school system is.
It is impossible for schools to cater to the individual needs of every child. Chinuch is on the parents, not on the schools.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 6:47 pm
Ateres, Monsey

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 6:59 pm
Have you tried YBH and the Clifton Cheder?

amother
Lightcyan

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 8:16 pm
What kind of school are you looking for? What ages?

happymommy5

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 12:27 pm
I am looking for middle school age. Maybe Paramus has some options as well? Actually, chanoch lenaar al pi darko is for both the parents and teachers. It is not ok to have so many schools that require children to fit in a box. There has to be a way to incorporate both ways of learning and still have successful students. I feel like I need to search for a MO school in Teaneck inorder to get what I am looking for which is SO sad in my opinion. Either that or just let my daughter finish out like this and grin and bare it until she is done...I dont think that is the healthiest way to go though.

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 12:41 pm
Chanoch l'naar is still not the schools responsibility. It's on the parents, regardless of how the school system is.
It is impossible for schools to cater to the individual needs of every child. Chinuch is on the parents, not on the schools.

It's impossible but teachers can and should try. Kids spend sometimes more time in school than at home. Morot and rebbeim can adapt to the few that need something different, it's usually a couple of kids only that need a different worksheet or explanation.

amother
Offwhite

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 12:41 pm
What type of out of the box are we talking? Ateres is a great out of town type school.

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 12:54 pm

It does apply to the parents, but I firmly believe that when our lifestyle has forced many to NEED to rely on the school system, they become our proxies and it is their respondibility as well. When we were the ones teaching our kids, it was easy to be mechanech each one differently. Most people now are not capable of properly and fully educating their children, and we MUST rely on others, it now becomes their responsibility as well.

amother
Latte

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 1:01 pm
happymommy5 wrote:
I am looking for middle school age. Maybe Paramus has some options as well? Actually, chanoch lenaar al pi darko is for both the parents and teachers. It is not ok to have so many schools that require children to fit in a box. There has to be a way to incorporate both ways of learning and still have successful students. I feel like I need to search for a MO school in Teaneck inorder to get what I am looking for which is SO sad in my opinion. Either that or just let my daughter finish out like this and grin and bare it until she is done...I dont think that is the healthiest way to go though.

I teach in a middle school in a MO day school in Bergen County. What are you looking for that you think a school like that can offer ?

Highstrung

OP are you referring to the learning style/curriculum? Or are you referring to hashkafa?

teachkids

You still haven't told us what you're looking for

amother
Ruby

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 1:24 pm
Not sure what the problem is, but if by out of the box you mean your kids have some mild issues, I've got news for you, the MO schools don't do any better on that front.

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 1:43 pm
amother Chicory wrote:
Schools don’t have the ability to cater to each individual child. Sorry, they just don’t. It would be nice if they could. But schools always put the school’s best interest first. You have to be aware of this as a parent.

Where is the current method working go? Show me one city that doesn’t have any disenfranchised youth, at risk youth, youth who have gone off the “derech.” Yes, there are many reasons, but a big one is the system. It is failing many many many of our youth. How many kids are on ADHD or other meds because the school recommend”’and won’t allow the kid back without? How many kids are misdiagnosed? (This should probably be a spinoff, but I don’t have the headspace right now.)
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating