Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Wearable pump
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 3:32 pm
Anyone use any of these wearable pumps and would recommend?
Freemie Independance
Lansinih wearable pump
Lansinoh discreet
Zomee Fit
Elvis Stride
Abana

amother
Holly

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 3:50 pm
I’m currently using the Willow go and I love it and very happy with it bh

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 3:52 pm
Insurance doesn’t cover that one- hoping to be able to get through insurance.

amother
Celeste

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 4:10 pm
I have Elvie stride. I like it but I found I had one side the had less milk and the Elvie didn't work well for it. I wasn't sure if it was because of the power of the pump or because the n*pple is wider and maybe the flange didn't fit right but that was the biggest size. For my good side I had very decent output but takes longer than my medela. Also very annoying to wash and dry every time so I keep it in the fridge and only wash once a day.

amother
NeonGreen

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 4:17 pm
I have a zommee fit. It's nowhere near as good as my spectra but does the job when I need a wearable

Ellie7

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 4:33 pm
I had the Elvie Stride and I thought it was ... OK. Not nearly as powerful as my Spectra and not inconspicuous or comfortable enough to wear in front of people. It was nice to be mobile and good for travel but only OK.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 5:31 pm
amother NeonGreen wrote:
I have a zommee fit. It's nowhere near as good as my spectra but does the job when I need a wearable

Do you find that the milk leaks out or that I got weaker over time? Saw that in some Amazon reviews so wondering…

amother
NeonGreen

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 6:16 pm
amother OP wrote:
Do you find that the milk leaks out or that I got weaker over time? Saw that in some Amazon reviews so wondering…

Honestly I didn't use it that much. Once a week Friday afternoons while cooking and maybe a Sunday here or there. I only pump till 6 months though and used my spectra at work

amother
Ebony

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 7:03 pm
I used the Freemie and loved it!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 7:09 pm
amother Ebony wrote:
I used the Freemie and loved it!

Works well? Doesn’t leak?
Did you compare to any others meaning why’s you get that one over others?

amother
Jean

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 9:35 pm
I tried the freemie (original cups, not the slim ones) and elvie stride and used them each only a few times. Overall I found that neither were ideal but they were convenient and it's worth a try.

I got a blister once from bad placement. I didn't notice it until after the pump session so be careful with your placement. I've also had that I tried a lower setting than usual and didn't realize that the suction was too low and wasn't working well enough for me until I thought I was finished the session and had to start over. This is the flip side of not seeing them while you pump.

Washing the parts was annoying enough to not use it unless I really needed to be mobile (elvie stride has a ton of parts). It was so annoying and I would consider the new medela cups that have less parts to wash, but I don't have any actual experience with them.

Both were pretty obvious on me (Original freemie is bigger than the elvie stride) but it was great to be able to cook, give my other kids supper etc while pumping. I would have been fine using them at my quiet work environment, to the grocery under a coat, or in a car. I would not have used it at the grocery in the summer without extra layers on top or in similar public places. That said it may look more natural on you.

I found the output and suction were similar for me compared to my spectra on both pumps, but I did longer sessions when I was mobile. The longer sessions were partially to optimize output but also because I was busy doing other stuff and just let it go until they auto shut off at a half hour, so I didn't find that to be a big deal. I even used the freemie pump itself with my medela parts because the smaller portable rechargeable pump was so convenient, but that was a few years ago and now there are so many smaller pumps. The spectra was definitely more gentle compared to the freemie.

I got the freemie a few years ago because it was the free wearable option covered by insurance. I bought the elvie stride more recently and chose it because of the price, size, pump gentleness (I saw reviews that it feels the most similar to the spectra), and because you can see the placement from the top. I had very high unrealistic expectations for the elvie and it ended up being just ok and not great.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 10:27 pm
Wow!! Thank you for the responses!!
Anyone else have experience with this?

amother
Ebony

Post Fri, Feb 09 2024, 12:45 am
amother OP wrote:
Works well? Doesn’t leak?
Did you compare to any others meaning why’s you get that one over others?

I got great output. Doesn’t leak if put on correctly.

Didn’t compare to others but it was the only wearable pump on my insurance

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 09 2024, 10:03 am
So I basically narrowed down to the Elvie stride, freemie, or the zomee fit.
Ummmm??? Which one.

amother
Ebony

Post Fri, Feb 09 2024, 10:35 am
amother OP wrote:
So I basically narrowed down to the Elvie stride, freemie, or the zomee fit.
Ummmm??? Which one.

It’s so hard to know because everyone has such different experiences. I loved the freemie. Other people hated it 🤷‍♀️

amother
Yarrow

Post Fri, Feb 09 2024, 10:42 am
the only wearable I've used is the freemie and I like it. however, I'm pretty sure I've been told by others that it didn't work well for them at all and just made a mess. they preferred elvie. it probably depends on fit (or theirs were defective)

synthy

Post Fri, Feb 09 2024, 12:27 pm
I use the Elvie stride at work. It takes a lot longer to empty me than my regular Madela pump but since its hands free I don't mind.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 2:54 pm
Bumping again before I decide if anyone else has anything to add?
Thank you!!!

confusedalways

Post Fri, Feb 16 2024, 1:07 pm
Did anyone ever try the momcozy pump?

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 9:39 am
Bumping this...op what did you decide?
Anyone else have any recommendations?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics