Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Baking with toddlers
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 2:20 pm
We always bake cookies they like rolling out the dough using cookie cutters,

Any other ideas recipes

Thank you!
They’ve destroyed the playroom with all their toys, built Lego made forts and ready to bake for second lunch ?!😂

amother
Whitewash

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 2:22 pm
you’re a goddess! I can’t stand baking with kids!

amother
Hibiscus

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 2:24 pm
Make pizza with them. Make your own pizza. Cover table in plastic and they can put sauce on cheese and veggies and you bake it.

amother
Oldlace

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 2:36 pm
Brownies and we decorate after

BatyaEsther

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 2:39 pm
I miss this so much. The days are long but the years really are short. Enjoy them. Wishing you so much nachas.

hodeez

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 2:40 pm
Make popcorn and make cones out of paper. Tastes better that way somehow 😂

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 2:45 pm
hodeez wrote:
Make popcorn and make cones out of paper. Tastes better that way somehow 😂

This sounds adorable ☺️ just still scared about popcorn being a chocking hazard

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 2:46 pm
BatyaEsther wrote:
I miss this so much. The days are long but the years really are short. Enjoy them. Wishing you so much nachas.

Thank you had kids later in life I appreciate every minute and want to give them a fun childhood

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 2:48 pm
amother Hibiscus wrote:
Make pizza with them. Make your own pizza. Cover table in plastic and they can put sauce on cheese and veggies and you bake it.

Ordered pizza for lunch our snow day tradition lol

sara1232

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 2:52 pm
amother OP wrote:

Any other ideas recipes

Thank you!
They’ve destroyed the playroom with all their toys, built Lego made forts and ready to bake for second lunch ?!😂

We always used to do cupcakes when I was a kid. My mom mixed the batter (with our "help"), then after baking the bigger kids would spread melted chocolate over it and the little ones would dip it into sprinkles.
So many good memories.

amf

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 2:56 pm
Sprinkle cookies! They love to help pour in the ingredients and the best part is rolling into "ball" shapes and dipping it into various sprinkles, mini choc chips, etc

Queen Of Hearts

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 2:57 pm
Don't forget the hot cocoa! But only after your kids shovel the snow Wink

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 3:01 pm
amf wrote:
Sprinkle cookies! They love to help pour in the ingredients and the best part is rolling into "ball" shapes and dipping it into various sprinkles, mini choc chips, etc

Soo cute what’s the recipe ?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 3:01 pm
Queen Of Hearts wrote:
Don't forget the hot cocoa! But only after your kids shovel the snow Wink

Too young for anything hot but they’re obsessed with chocolate milk

amother
Azalea

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 3:03 pm
amother OP wrote:

Any other ideas recipes

Thank you!

All cookies are good - even the ones you roll. I let them take choc. chip cookie dough and roll it out with their hands.

Any recipe you need - let them take turns putting in ingredients and mixing with spatula.

My DH lets the kids help with cholent... they take turns pouring in beans, barley, then each spice/flavoring, one at a time.

How old are your kids? My 3 year old can peel a carrot and my 6 year old peels potatoes. They feel so good about themselves!! (I watch VERY carefully to make sure they don't peel their fingers CH"V.)

Queen Of Hearts

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 3:03 pm
amother OP wrote:
Too young for anything hot but they’re obsessed with chocolate milk

Oh ok. Just wanted to make sure your neighbors don't get to it first.
Sorry for derailing your thread. You sound like a great Mom! I really need to work on myself to let my kids into the kitchen.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 3:04 pm
sara1232 wrote:
We always used to do cupcakes when I was a kid. My mom mixed the batter (with our "help"), then after baking the bigger kids would spread melted chocolate over it and the little ones would dip it into sprinkles.
So many good memories.

Awww soo sweet

Any favorite recipe or any cupcake recipe could work

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 3:06 pm
amother Azalea wrote:
All cookies are good - even the ones you roll. I let them take choc. chip cookie dough and roll it out with their hands.

Any recipe you need - let them take turns putting in ingredients and mixing with spatula.

My DH lets the kids help with cholent... they take turns pouring in beans, barley, then each spice/flavoring, one at a time.

How old are your kids? My 3 year old can peel a carrot and my 6 year old peels potatoes. They feel so good about themselves!! (I watch VERY carefully to make sure they don't peel their fingers CH"V.)

Ooo wow I guess I have to give them more opportunities in the kitchen my oldest is 4 not sure about peeling yet

amother
Blueberry

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 3:45 pm
We bring everything to the table and the kids help pour in the ingredients. Purim is coming up I plan to make hamantashen with them and my 5 year old will shape them

Amarante

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 4:19 pm
I have a three dimensional cake mold. I bake the cake using a cake mix because the taste of the cake isn't important.

We go to one of the candy stores that sell lots of pretty stuff by weight and they get to pick out what they want. I use canned icing (again because it is the activity and not the taste) and then they have a super fun time decorating with the candy excessively. I have some wonderful pictures of them doing it and the end results.

Even when older they loved to do this for a sleepover.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers