Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
ISO Agency to recommend therapists for toddler w delays?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 1:41 pm
Is there such an agency that gives advice on who in Brooklyn, is good for which issue?

I know theres many agencies that recommend doctors, there's Relief for Mental help.

Is there a person or an agency that advises and recommends therapists for different delays?

This child has feeding/sensory issues.

amother
NeonPurple

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 1:50 pm
does he get early intervention?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 2:08 pm
amother NeonPurple wrote:
does he get early intervention?

Yes, but Im sure there are some therapists that are way better than others.

I wonder why theres no agency for this, or a person who went through this and offers their time to help others.

amother
Nemesia

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 2:10 pm
Try Yahalom NY, a project of Agudah Israel

amother
Nemesia

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 2:11 pm
In EI it’s a lot who is available and then word of mouth

613mitzvahgirl

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 2:14 pm
You can try Ezreinu

amother
Blushpink

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 3:32 pm
I work for an EI agency as a Service Coordinator. There is a crazy shortage of EI feeding therapist(and all therapists in general) I have clients that have been approved months ago and are still waiting to find a therapist. You should ask your service coordinator to check with other agencies as well if she hasn't done so already. I would recommend just taking whoever calls bc you can literally wait months to find someone.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 3:44 pm
amother Blushpink wrote:
I work for an EI agency as a Service Coordinator. There is a crazy shortage of EI feeding therapist(and all therapists in general) I have clients that have been approved months ago and are still waiting to find a therapist. You should ask your service coordinator to check with other agencies as well if she hasn't done so already. I would recommend just taking whoever calls bc you can literally wait months to find someone.

Any chance you can recommend Feeding therapists who may be available, who are effective, who would either go to playgroup in Flatbush, or come to a child in Flatbush? Im wiling to pay out of pocket for a few sessions at least.

amother
Blushpink

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 3:56 pm
I wish I did! All the ones I know are fully booked. I have a lot of clients waiting to find someone:/:/ My own child needed and we waited over a year.. You can of course try calling the agencies yourself and speaking to the staffing coordinator, try non Jewish agencies also because there are good therapists that aren't jewish but also tons of Jewish therapists that work for non Jewish agencies. Good luck! I know how hard it is to have a kid with a feeding issue. Meanwhile do as much research and watch as much videos on it as you can until you can find someone.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries