Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Do you return shopping carts?
1  2  3  Next

Do you return shopping carts?
Yes- always  
 76%  [ 226 ]
It depends- explain in comments  
 22%  [ 66 ]
No- never  
 1%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 296

mom923

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 5:17 pm
Curious how many people return shopping carts vs leave them in the middle of the parking lot?

amother
Peachpuff

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 5:19 pm
Always put back.

URHL

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 5:20 pm
always put back!
unless someone takes it directly from me

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 5:21 pm
mom923 wrote:
Curious how many people return shopping carts vs leave them in the middle of the parking lot?

I really wanted to vote yes, because 99% of the time I do. I won’t when I have my baby with me and I’m parked too far away, or sometimes I didn’t when I was pregnant and every step was painful. But usually I do. And I sometimes take other people’s carts back for them too, if I don’t have my baby with me.

amother
Kiwi

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 5:29 pm
Normally yes, unless I’m pregnant and literally can not walk (severe spd and pelvic issues) or have a baby in the car and parked too far away

amother
Mintgreen

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 5:29 pm
Generally yes. But I've been to stores where they don't have an official place in the parking lot to leave carts. I leave it near other carts.

UQT

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 5:30 pm
Now that my youngest is bigger always. Even in the rain etc. but when I shopped with three little ones it was just too hard. I didn’t want to leave them alone in the car while I ran across the lot and I didn’t want them running all over a busy lot to return it with me. Most places I shop have a worker in the lot. I assumed it was ok to leave it there for a little until he fetched it.

groisamomma

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 5:31 pm
Usually. If not me then my kids. If it’s late and I’m the only one in the parking lot then no.

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 5:39 pm
Pro tip I learned from my cousin

Don’t try to park near the entrance of the store, always find a spot right next to the cart return - that way it’s easy to put it back even once your baby is in the car

Highstrung

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 5:42 pm
I usually do unless it’s pouring rain, or freezing or if I’m in pain or beyond exhausted . But 95% of the time I do.

amother
Coral

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 5:49 pm
Always.
If I have my toddler with me, he sits in then cart and stays there till I’ve finished unloading into the car and put it back. Only then do I take him out - so I wouldn’t have to leave him in the car.

GrowingUp

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 5:50 pm
amother Blush wrote:

Don’t try to park near the entrance of the store, always find a spot right next to the cart return - that way it’s easy to put it back even once your baby is in the car

This! I always do this, even when I don’t have kids with me. It’s so much easier then maneuvering around the lot with a cart when I just want to leave.

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 5:51 pm
I do, most of the time, but if there are other carts sitting near where my car is parked, I will just add mine to the group of stranded carts

mha3484

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 5:52 pm
Mostly. I tend to park near the cart corral which makes it easier.

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 5:55 pm
amother Blush wrote:

Many local stores (ie:smaller stores, smaller lots) don’t have cart returns. If for whatever reason I can’t return my cart, I leave it with other carts, but I try to make sure not to take up a parking spot for it.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 5:55 pm
amother Blush wrote:

Yes! This is what I usually do. If I can't get right next to it then close. It drives me nuts when they're taking up spaces, plus I try not to do things that make us look bad to others.

amother
Bergamot

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 5:56 pm
Yes. Only times I haven’t were post c-section and when I was running super late for my pump so I left the cart and ran

amother
Lemonlime

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 6:17 pm
If I have no kids with me- yes
If I have 1 kid with me- yes as long as the weather is nice enough that I can leave him in the cart while I unload and return the cart. If I had to put him in the car before unloading, the cart is going in the closest safe space
If I have 2 or more kids with me- really unlikely unless it's like 1 bag of groceries that I can leave the cart near the store in the first place or I managed to park right next to the return.

amother
Celeste

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 6:33 pm
amother Lemonlime wrote:
If I have no kids with me- yes
If I have 1 kid with me- yes as long as the weather is nice enough that I can leave him in the cart while I unload and return the cart. If I had to put him in the car before unloading, the cart is going in the closest safe space
If I have 2 or more kids with me- really unlikely unless it's like 1 bag of groceries that I can leave the cart near the store in the first place or I managed to park right next to the return.

Same... I always feel so bad not bringing my cart back, but with 4 little kids plus groceries, I don't think it's even possible. maybe in a nice frum area I'd leave my kids in the car for a minute while I run to put it back? but this is the type of store that needs police as security even during the day.
but I do try to park next to the cart station-my kids know to point out those spots when we arrive!

amother
Brass

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 6:52 pm
I always return them if I am shopping alone. If I’m with children, and it’s a big struggle, I’ll put the cart somewhere safe nearby.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette