Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Did your dh go to shul this morning? (In snow)
1  2  Next

Did your dh go to shul this morning? (snow)
Yes  
 95%  [ 161 ]
No  
 4%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 168

amother
OP

Post Sat, Feb 17 2024, 7:24 pm
See poll. Mine didn't and slept late. Then when I asked him to daven in another room so I can relax with a magazine on the couch, he chose to daven in the living room.

theoneandonly

Post Sat, Feb 17 2024, 7:25 pm
I'm not sure why seeing if other people's husbands went to shul will help you. It will only lead to more resentment on your part.
I'm sorry your shabbos morning didn't go how you wanted it to go.

teachkids

Post Sat, Feb 17 2024, 7:27 pm
It probably also matters where you live. Here there was snow but it wasn't crazy. Husband put on boots and went to shul and the kids and I put on boots and went around the corner to a friend's.

amother
DarkGreen

Post Sat, Feb 17 2024, 7:28 pm
Here in Monsey, the snow wasn't a reason not to go to shul.

amother
Cadetblue

Post Sat, Feb 17 2024, 7:29 pm
amother OP wrote:
See poll. Mine didn't and slept late. Then when I asked him to daven in another room so I can relax with a magazine on the couch, he chose to daven in the living room.

Why can’t you be relaxing on the couch when he’s davening

My husband went to hashkama

My father (age 72 ad 120) didn’t go to shul and the sidewalks were unshoveled and he didn’t feel it was safe and the city where he lives got more snow

amother
Mint

Post Sat, Feb 17 2024, 7:31 pm
Yes and I walked across town to a shabbos bris as well. Actually wasn’t so bad.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sat, Feb 17 2024, 7:33 pm
It didn’t stick to the road only the lawns and cars. But men have walked in worse. They put boots and snow gear on and walk.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Feb 17 2024, 7:34 pm
amother Cadetblue wrote:
Why can’t you be relaxing on the couch when he’s davening

My husband went to hashkama

My father (age 72 ad 120) didn’t go to shul and the sidewalks were unshoveled and he didn’t feel it was safe and the city where he lives got more snow

I have misophonia and can't stand noise

amother
Arcticblue

Post Sat, Feb 17 2024, 7:37 pm
At least he davened.

amother
Azalea

Post Sat, Feb 17 2024, 8:47 pm
What are you hoping to gain by asking what other people's husbands did? Scratching Head
Tell your husband "look, 52 other men made it out this morning!" ??

amother
Burntblack

Post Sat, Feb 17 2024, 8:49 pm
amother OP wrote:

So relax in your bed

hodeez

Post Sat, Feb 17 2024, 8:50 pm
Your problems likely span farther than this one missed shachrit

B'Syata D'Shmya

Post Sat, Feb 17 2024, 10:59 pm
amother OP wrote:

He davened so thats all that counts. I would never ask my dh to go to another room, his davening is kodesh. If he cant make it to shul, thats ok. It happens. The least I can do is be respectful of his davening.

B'Syata D'Shmya

Post Sat, Feb 17 2024, 11:00 pm
amother OP wrote:

Not uncommon, have you tried noise canceling headphones? There are some great ones on amazon that are reasonably priced, meant for shooting galleries etc.

amother
Jade

Post Sat, Feb 17 2024, 11:25 pm
B'Syata D'Shmya wrote:
Not uncommon, have you tried noise canceling headphones? There are some great ones on amazon that are reasonably priced, meant for shooting galleries etc.
And this would have helped OP today, how? IIRC, today was Shabbes everywhere on Planet Earth, and unless I'm tragically misinformed, it would have been Shabbat everywhere else in the universe as well.

Besides, noise cancelling headsets don't work on their own. They connect to equipment like radios to allow you to hear the radio without interference from outside.

Wait--I get it. You don't mean noise cancelling headsets. You mean earmuffs. They work by simple physical absorption of sound. They're a bit much to wear all morning just to read a magazine but they're very helpful short-term when running noisy appliances like food processors and vacuum cleaners.

amother
Fern

Post Sat, Feb 17 2024, 11:31 pm
My husband often misses minyan but he happened to go today lol
Sorry, it's frustrating. Does he usually go? I would definitely not make a big deal about this if he does.

amother
DarkGreen

Post Sat, Feb 17 2024, 11:32 pm
amother Jade wrote:
And this would have helped OP today, how? IIRC, today was Shabbes everywhere on Planet Earth, and unless I'm tragically misinformed, it would have been Shabbat everywhere else in the universe as well.

Besides, noise cancelling headsets don't work on their own. They connect to equipment like radios to allow you to hear the radio without interference from outside.

Wait--I get it. You don't mean noise cancelling headsets. You mean earmuffs. They work by simple physical absorption of sound. They're a bit much to wear all morning just to read a magazine but they're very helpful short-term when running noisy appliances like food processors and vacuum cleaners.

Why are you so angry?
It helps OP because she can buy them for the future.
Noise canceling headphones don't necessarily need to be connected to anything. There are noise canceling headphones, such as what babies sometimes wear at weddings, that aren't connected to anything & just cancel out noise.

amother
Birch

Post Sat, Feb 17 2024, 11:39 pm
B'Syata D'Shmya wrote:
He davened so thats all that counts. I would never ask my dh to go to another room, his davening is kodesh. If he cant make it to shul, thats ok. It happens. The least I can do is be respectful of his davening.

I agree. And my DH would do the same for me, even if I get around to davening at 12.

amother
Fern

Post Sat, Feb 17 2024, 11:41 pm
amother Birch wrote:
I agree. And my DH would do the same for me, even if I get around to davening at 12.

Eh. It's a nice idea and very respectable. Definitely a high level.
I understand a woman wanting her time on the couch when DH is supposed to be in shul.

Sounds like he may have been doing it davka like this. We don't know the whole dynamic of course.

B'Syata D'Shmya

Post Sun, Feb 18 2024, 12:04 am
amother Jade wrote:

No. They are on their own. No radio connection.
I can't help OP at all. She can only help herself. Noone can go back in time.
If my suggestion upset/ hurt you, then that's on you.
Have A good....
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note