Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Redoing kitchen - how does this layout look?
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
OP

Post Sat, Feb 17 2024, 9:43 pm
Im doing my small kitchen. I’ve managed to get 2 sinks, 2 dishwashers, 1 convection microwave oven (dairy), 1 meat microwave and 1 oven.

We mainly eat pareve and meat. I definitely need the meat microwave. Debatable if I need the dairy. If I don’t do dairy, then I will have no dairy unless I rely on a Betty Crocker and a big toaster that fits a 9x13 that I’ll have to put somewhere.

This rendering is take from the dining room. Does the second microwave on the right look like an eye sore? (The rendering does have an ugly looking microwave)

https://I.imgur.com/UZuDeyO.png

YounginBP

Post Sat, Feb 17 2024, 9:47 pm

YounginBP

Post Sat, Feb 17 2024, 9:49 pm
I added it for you
The microwave doesn't bother me.
The oven not being centered bothers me more.

cupcake123

Post Sat, Feb 17 2024, 9:52 pm
It's not an eye sore.
However,I personally chose to skip on the dairy microwave the only food I would use for is leftover pasta. And for that alone it wasn't worth it. I didn't want my kitchen looking like an appliance store

amother
Cobalt

Post Sat, Feb 17 2024, 10:01 pm
I have a big toaster oven but it only fits one 9x13 pan so I can stick it in a cabinet. It works, but I need to schlep it out and lose counter space while it's out. A convection microwave with a permanent easy access "home" sounds amazing to me!
Can you build in a sliding door or a roller door to cover the microwave when not in use?

CPenzias

Post Sat, Feb 17 2024, 10:09 pm
You can always put a small dairy microwave in a cabinet but if you feel like it's not that important then let it go. In my opinion, the 2 sinks and 2 dishwashers will make your life easier Tynan the dairy microwave

amother
OP

Post Sat, Feb 17 2024, 10:18 pm
YounginBP wrote:
I added it for you
The microwave doesn't bother me.
The oven not being centered bothers me more.

Thank you for adding the picture! My contractor mentioned the oven is off center but we can’t move it over unless you have a suggestion.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Feb 17 2024, 10:19 pm
cupcake123 wrote:
It's not an eye sore.
However,I personally chose to skip on the dairy microwave the only food I would use for is leftover pasta. And for that alone it wasn't worth it. I didn't want my kitchen looking like an appliance store

I don’t need the dairy microwave. I’d be using it more for the convection capabilities. I have a young family now and we don’t eat much dairy but thinking down the line

amother
OP

Post Sat, Feb 17 2024, 10:20 pm
amother Cobalt wrote:
I have a big toaster oven but it only fits one 9x13 pan so I can stick it in a cabinet. It works, but I need to schlep it out and lose counter space while it's out. A convection microwave with a permanent easy access "home" sounds amazing to me!
Can you build in a sliding door or a roller door to cover the microwave when not in use?

I debated the shlepping toaster option because we don’t really need it now. If I wasn’t redoing this then I’d do that. The kitchen place doesn’t have the roller door. We want to see if they have a 15 inch deep cabinet that we can put it in and **** the door

amother
OP

Post Sat, Feb 17 2024, 10:21 pm
CPenzias wrote:
You can always put a small dairy microwave in a cabinet but if you feel like it's not that important then let it go. In my opinion, the 2 sinks and 2 dishwashers will make your life easier Tynan the dairy microwave

I would need the microwave for the convection more than microwave. It seems off to me to only have one oven that will be meat and not have a dairy option.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sat, Feb 17 2024, 10:22 pm
amother OP wrote:
Im doing my small kitchen. I’ve managed to get 2 sinks, 2 dishwashers, 1 convection microwave oven (dairy), 1 meat microwave and 1 oven.

We mainly eat pareve and meat. I definitely need the meat microwave. Debatable if I need the dairy. If I don’t do dairy, then I will have no dairy unless I rely on a Betty Crocker and a big toaster that fits a 9x13 that I’ll have to put somewhere.

This rendering is take from the dining room. Does the second microwave on the right look like an eye sore? (The rendering does have an ugly looking microwave)

https://I.imgur.com/UZuDeyO.png

It's not an eyesore. Go for it!

amother
Lightblue

Post Sat, Feb 17 2024, 10:23 pm
Off-topic, but do you need a dishwasher for meat and a dishwasher for Parve? I’m Syrian so for us, we only do one dishwasher and one sink for everything … also, I think your kitchen is very lovely the oven being off-center does not bother me and the second microwave isn’t bad

YounginBP

Post Sat, Feb 17 2024, 10:25 pm
You'll want the convection. Say your baking challah and the oven is in use. But you want to make kugel or fish, you can use the convection.

I don't have another option for the stove, bec I think you'll lose the dishwasher.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Feb 17 2024, 10:29 pm
YounginBP wrote:
You'll want the convection. Say your baking challah and the oven is in use. But you want to make kugel or fish, you can use the convection.

I don't have another option for the stove, bec I think you'll lose the dishwasher.

From a kashrus perspective, you can use a dairy convection microwave to make a kugel for a meat meal?

SingALong

Post Sat, Feb 17 2024, 10:30 pm
Milichig microwave is not an eyesore. I’d keep it. Or if you want to do a draw microwave instead but it’s very expensive, and I don’t think it comes with convection.

Just curious. Would you consider putting both sinks in the corners, by back wall where window is?
Milichig one closer to barstool counter, fleishig to the corner to the corner, near window, then oven can be centered? Milichig dishwasher can go by back of barstools next to sink, meat dishwasher to right side of meat sink under window. Does that make sense?
It will center both counters of the kitchen

amother
OP

Post Sat, Feb 17 2024, 10:30 pm
amother Lightblue wrote:
Off-topic, but do you need a dishwasher for meat and a dishwasher for Parve? I’m Syrian so for us, we only do one dishwasher and one sink for everything … also, I think your kitchen is very lovely the oven being off-center does not bother me and the second microwave isn’t bad

We hold you can’t mix. It would be a regular sized for meat and smaller for dairy. I think ashkenazim hold that way. I’ve heard sefardim hold how you’re describing

amother
Lightblue

Post Sat, Feb 17 2024, 10:33 pm
amother OP wrote:
We hold you can’t mix. It would be a regular sized for meat and smaller for dairy. I think ashkenazim hold that way. I’ve heard sefardim hold how you’re describing
but you mentioned you don’t do dairy, so why do you need one?

amother
OP

SingALong wrote:
Milichig microwave is not an eyesore. I’d keep it. Or if you want to do a draw microwave instead but it’s very expensive, and I don’t think it comes with convection.

Just curious. Would you consider putting both sinks in the corners, by back wall where window is?
Milichig one closer to barstool counter, fleishig to the corner to the corner, near window, then oven can be centered? Milichig dishwasher can go by back of barstools next to sink, meat dishwasher to right side of meat sink under window. Does that make sense?
It will center both counters of the kitchen

If I’m reading this correctly, you’re suggesting having one sink in each corner by the window. If that’s what you’re suggesting, it’s a very tight space and only one person can stand by one of the sinks at a time. My friend has sinks like that and she says that if 2 people are washing dishes they bump tushes.

amother
OP

amother Lightblue wrote:
but you mentioned you don’t do dairy, so why do you need one?

It’s weird… we don’t bake a lot of dairy but we always have mugs, glasses, cereal bowls, plates for eggs, cottage cheese, etc

amother
Lightblue

Post Sat, Feb 17 2024, 10:35 pm

Maybe consider something like this if you want
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics